• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Metallica Song - Part I

Admin

James is trying too hard to sing vs. just belting like he did early on. Musically, this harkens back to the older Metallica stuff. I give it a 7/10; not bad, but the singing brings it down.

Edited by frosgrim

James is trying too hard to sing vs. just belting like he did early on. Musically, this harkens back to the older Metallica stuff. I give it a 7/10; not bad, but the singing brings it down.

You're right I do think that he is trying too hard to sing. I'd much rather hear him belting out the vocals like he used to but maybe he's too old to do it anymore LOL.

I'd probably give it a 4/10 because even though the music is solid I am just really turned off by the "singing".

Define "sellout"

Who is really going to take them as a serious act after the garbage they've put out for years? They've played lame shyt for years and its' too late for them. I'm not the biggest fan anyway. Other than And Justice for All... I really only like a few song anyway. They're washed up like ZZ Top, AC/DC and other such acts.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Who is really going to take them as a serious act after the garbage they've put out for years? They've played lame shyt for years and its' too late for them. I'm not the biggest fan anyway. Other than And Justice for All... I really only like a few song anyway. They're washed up like ZZ Top, AC/DC and other such acts.

I agree to a point. The last two or three CDs have been awful. That said, some groups can put out bad stuff for a while and then come back with a supurb effort later in their careers, not all, but some.

From what I am hearing on the radio, a lot of people really like the new song.

I agree to a point. The last two or three CDs have been awful. That said, some groups can put out bad stuff for a while and then come back with a supurb effort later in their careers, not all, but some.

From what I am hearing on the radio, a lot of people really like the new song.

Alot of people also liked that junk in the 90's to. The song is laughable.

Agree that from the black album on, they haven't excited me much. What happened to that Master of Puppets vibe? They could have still been extremely successful and made tons of money keeping that progressive metal edge.

• Admin

It's ok. I certainly don't hear any classic metallica in it though, but I don't really expect to. They're not the same people they were back then. It does sound like they care now though, or they at least got a producer who knew how to get something a little different out of them. I can't say I'll buy it, but I expect it to have a few songs I like.