• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Marving Going to Break Out?

mattlanta

http://rotoworld.com/content/features/colu...articleid=31085

Atlanta Hawks

Everyone I've spoken with that has anything to do with the Atlanta Hawks seems to think this is the year Marvin Williams is going to blow up. He's put on a bunch of muscle and has been working on the 3-point shot. I am still concerned about what happens to him if the Hawks ever stumble into a true center, but so far, that hasn't been a concern. Randolph Morris, Zaza Pachulia, Solo Jones…

On a side note, I've heard some pretty good things about free-agent signees Othello Hunter (PF) and Thomas Gardner (SG). So if you're in a super-deep fantasy league and are looking for an edge, sources tell me both guys are legit. But back to Marvin for a second. If they were to actually start a real center, Al Horford would move to PF, Josh Smith would move to SF (his ego would not handle a role off the bench with any hint of class) which would leave Marvin coming off the bench. But I'm going to go with the idea that Josh Smith is right, Marvin is set to bust out this year and Horford will start at center on most nights. And since the Hawks have no real threats at center, Marvin's job is safe. Just keep in mind that Marvin will miss the first game of the season due to a suspension.

If Marvin "busts out," then Horford at center will be more than adequate.

I think all of these players will be fine. I'm worrried about the coach. 1st the team needs to Run, Run, Run. 2nd JJ will have to be coached to quit slowing down the game to half court like he enjoys. Bouncing the ball for 10 sec and then driving while the rest of the team is standing around. For this team to go to the next level, Bibby and Joe need to get the ball down low and give those young horses the ball in a manner that enhances their ability to score. Somebody ought to be driving, shooting, or driving, kicking in the first 7 sec. Keep the pressure on the defense. If someone throws up a jumper early in the clock, I'd bench them a couple of min. Even JJ. As an experment I'd like to see two big men playing with Josh. We need that rebounding power so Josh can pressure the low post players with his blocking ability. Get away from that two man game. The other players get stagnite. Drive Drive Drive. Thats the coaching I'd like to see. To sum up - Ladies and Gentleman - Bow legged ants and crossed eyed Mosquitos - I bring to you the all star Joe Johnson - The very beating heart of the team - Al Hartford - the most exciting player in the league - the shot blocking slam dunking sky scraping - Josh Smith

while i can't say till i get a chance to see him play if hes picked things up in the offseason, i think he could be a key part of this team and put up some big numbers. these guys are going to be hungry. its gonna be fun. marvin was in vegas, maybe he's motivated by money. its his contract year so he better be more aggressive and play smarter. josh got his payday and wants to win, same with JJ and horford expects to win. i cautiously excited.