• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Art of Manliness

Admin

Great find Dol!

You should post the how to have a political debate article on as a sticky. I think all of us could do a better job of being more honerable in our debate styles and the way we deal with one another on the site. And that goes for talking about the Hawks as well as all the other stuff we get into here.

Great find Dol!

You should post the how to have a political debate article on as a sticky. I think all of us could do a better job of being more honerable in our debate styles and the way we deal with one another on the site. And that goes for talking about the Hawks as well as all the other stuff we get into here.

Thanks! I am going to have a trial period where lighthearted and civil political discussions are allowed and hopefully people will read that thread (which I have stickied as you suggested) and we'll all be able to discuss these things with some class and without attacking each other and getting emotional about things. I am cautiously optimistic, but if things get out of hand I won't hesitate to lock threads and change the policy.

Thanks! I am going to have a trial period where lighthearted and civil political discussions are allowed and hopefully people will read that thread (which I have stickied as you suggested) and we'll all be able to discuss these things with some class and without attacking each other and getting emotional about things. I am cautiously optimistic, but if things get out of hand I won't hesitate to lock threads and change the policy.

I understand the hessitation to allow political and religious discussions, but if we all adhere to what is outlined in the article, I think we could have a greate forum on stuff other than the Hawks. That we have 4 pages of pretty good debate on the financial crisis, CRA, and the role of government is encouraging.

I would suggest to all of us, that when we see someone violating the argue like a gentlemen by laws, we should gently point it out. If the poster or thread degrades, then lock it down, but let's give a chance for some social-level correction first.