• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta adds Mark Price as shooting coach

capstone21

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we have one solid coach on the bench right now.

Who, on the bench, is more qualified to tutor Acie Law on the intricacies of the PG position then Mark Price ?

I would love to see this guy get a shot at being a head coach. I can't help but feel he would coach circles around Woodson.

Not to mention he played with, and saw first hand, a PF who's game evolved in way that we want to see Josh Smith evolve. (Larry Nance).

Mark Price's game was similar to that of Mike Bibby. Price was just better and a more consistent shooter (and better passer). He may be the only coach on the team who is qualified to give PG advise to Bibby and that Bibby would actually listen too.

or will he be our next coach if, you know....

Yeah, I almost added in mid-season replacement for Woodson in my first post on this.

The more I think about it, the more I would like to see Price take over today.

Yeah, I almost added in mid-season replacement for Woodson in my first post on this.

The more I think about it, the more I would like to see Price take over today.

I never thought about the price as head coach angle. Certainly that makes his signing a little more significant.

I never thought about the price as head coach angle. Certainly that makes his signing a little more significant.

There are a LOT of guys I would want to see as head coach here before Price. He has worked as a shooting coach with an NBA team but that is a LONG way from running a team. I have no idea what his philosophy would be, what his communication skills are like or how the players would respond to him. If he comes in and has success as a shooting coach then I could see moving him to the bench to see how he does as an assistant but as a HEAD Coach? Can't see it. Might as well go with Nique as head coach if that is the case.

There are a LOT of guys I would want to see as head coach here before Price. He has worked as a shooting coach with an NBA team but that is a LONG way from running a team. I have no idea what his philosophy would be, what his communication skills are like or how the players would respond to him. If he comes in and has success as a shooting coach then I could see moving him to the bench to see how he does as an assistant but as a HEAD Coach? Can't see it. Might as well go with Nique as head coach if that is the case.

Obviously he would have to have some success on the bench before becoming a head coaching candidate. I don't think he would go straight from a shooting coach to head coach.

However at this point i would take Harry the Hawk as a head coach over Woody.

i guess you guys forget, price isn't just a great shooter/3 point shooter. he also was a good/great point guard. i suppose it's easy/easier for a point guard to transfer into a coach. of course let hope we don't need to replace woodson and have a successful season

Yeah, the Woodson conumdrum. I dispise Woodson as a HC, but I want the Hawks to win bigtime. Winning bigtime, means Woodson stays. However, I don't think the Hawks can win bigtime with Woodson.

To solve the conumdrum, I have just taking the position of sitting back and let the season develop before I get to overworked.

I actually think Price would make a fine HC. He ran that Cleveland offense. He understands the game and is a smart guy. He was well liked by all the guys he played with, but was also a fierce competitor. I would have no problems if Price became the HC of the Hawks today.

I actually think Price would make a fine HC. He ran that Cleveland offense. He understands the game and is a smart guy. He was well liked by all the guys he played with, but was also a fierce competitor. I would have no problems if Price became the HC of the Hawks today.

I wonder how much responsibility he will have. Just having him around for training camp might be helpful, he and Bibby have experience running more complex offenses than the thing we use.

Is he gonna be around for the season? Will he be at games? If so I can imagine him taking on more of an asst. coach role than just shooting coach. Of course that is up to Price and the guys with the checkbook.

I think he could do every bit as good a job as Woody right now. And I bet he could instill a better attitude in the locker room.

First of all, I wasn't aware that we had a bunch of bad attitudes in the locker room. In fact, I would bet that we have one of the better locker room dynamics in the NBA. How much locker room discord do you think the team felt because Salim and Zaza were not happy with their minutes?

Second, even if we did have a bunch of bad attitudes in the locker room, what makes you think Price is qualified to address it? Because he is a nice guy? Puh-lease! Nice guys get their lunch eaten in those situations.

As for what kind of job he would do as a coach, I have no idea and that is the issue. John Stockton and Magic Johnson are both great guys and better PGs than Price and I don't think either of them would make a particularly good head coach (Magic certainly wasn't very good).

Just because he was a PG and he's a nice guy doesn't mean that he would be an ideal head coach.