• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

USC Lost!

frosgrim

I don't know if anyone else caught the game last night, but USC got taken to the woodshed in the first half of the game. The Trojans really looked arrogant in the first quarter. They obviously didn't take OSU seriously enough. At the same time the Beavers looked focused and determined to win.

I have to say I really enjoyed that game for several reasons. 1) it shows that USC is no the best team in the nation, 2) it opens up the BCS to other teams, 3) my UGA Bulldogs can move back to #1 if they can handle business against the Crimson Tide.

If Saturday night wasn't already big enough, it now is the biggest game in football this weekend.

Yeah they lost but do you think that the media's man love for USC is going to cause them to drop far. I promise you that they will not fall out of the top 5. ESPN folks were already talking about how tough the PAC 10 is. Now if Georgia loses to Alabama who is ranked they will drop out of the top 10 for sure. Now USC will start running up the score against everybody. Common sense should be that if Georgia beats Bama then Georgia should be number 1. Don't be surprised if USC falls to 2 or 3!!!!

Hope the USC loss was an eye opener for the Dawgs. USC did not come out ready to play . . . . . but we better.

I think the Dawgs will be ready to play Saturday night. Its 'Bama. Its the blackout. It's the black jerseys. Its at home. Now add in the chance to go to #1 and they will have focus for this game. The Kentucky and Vandy games are what worry me right now in terms of let downs.

Yeah they lost but do you think that the media's man love for USC is going to cause them to drop far. I promise you that they will not fall out of the top 5. ESPN folks were already talking about how tough the PAC 10 is. Now if Georgia loses to Alabama who is ranked they will drop out of the top 10 for sure. Now USC will start running up the score against everybody. Common sense should be that if Georgia beats Bama then Georgia should be number 1. Don't be surprised if USC falls to 2 or 3!!!!

All I heard was how weak the PAC 10 is all season and Oregon State was at the bootom of the PAC 10 bucket. Penn State slaughtered Oregon St. by 20 + points earlier. No other PAC 10 is even ranked !

USC falls to #10 or #11 but should probably be lower. They do not have a single offensive lineman over 300 pounds. Bring that light sh*t to the SEC and watch UGA, Bama, LSU, Auburn, and UF bowl over you like a bulldozer. (As Bama did to Clemson !)

Sanchez is crap. He has the arm stength of Joe average......he is just plain average. When he throws a deep ball the ball hangs in the air forever. The speed in the SEC would dominate Sanchez and his weak arm and his weak O-Line.

Their linebackers looked seriously over-rated to. I would loved to have seen Moreno and Stafford carve them up !

Good bye and good riddance USC ! I don't want to hear about any PAC 10 teams for the rest of the season mentioned in the national championship hunt!

Get 'um Dawgs !

Edited by coachx

That was my exact reaction as well.

Bama and Oregon St should not even be mentioned in the same topic. USC was 24 point favorites and was down by 2 or 3 touchdowns for 90% of the game. Meanwhile UGA is only a 7 point favorite over Bama. So if UGA loses then its hardly an upset.

Its the first time Game-Day has come to Athens in 10 years, plus its a blackout. There is ZERO chance the Dawgs will not be ready. Playing in the SEC keeps you humble like that b/c you know you can lose any given week even if you play your best b/c the competition is so fierce ! They have waited their whole lives for this game and for this season...so they will be more then ready.

Bama is a top 10 team for heavens sake ! They are more then legitimate. It is a matchup of the highest ranked teams to play in Sanford Stadium since 1983 ! Not to mention Bama's strength conditioning coaches are saying the black out is for the Dawg's own funeral.

You still think motivation will be a problem for the Dawgs ?

UGA could easily lose to Bama but it will not be b/c UGA is not ready to play. It would be b/c Bama is a darn good football team and one of them has to lose.

No more Pee - Wee League / Pac 10 football. Let the West Coast see how football is supposed to be played !

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I don't think motivation will be a problem but many of UGA's losses are games when they come out flat - like Tennessee last year. You could have made a similar list of reasons UGA should never have been anything less than keyed up for TN last season but it happened anyway. When Richt started focusing on getting his guy's primed that was fantastic. I hope he can do it again this year.

As a UT fan I am still living off our last two Georgia W's--its all I have left. I have a bad feeling it isn't going to be the same this year...:(

UT is going to get crushed by UGA. Sorry, I respect the Tennesee fan, but your team is falling appart right now. Fullmer probably has run his course. A new HC and better players and UT will be competing for the SEC east soon enough. Its not happening this year though.

• Moderators

Last year UT got crushed 59-20 by Florida and came back to win the East. That was a much worse thrashing than this year's matchup that was separated as much by turnovers as by simply dominant play on one side. I am not going to talk smack to UT until we grind them into the floor with our hobnailed boots. Until then, they are a legit threat in my book.

Last year UT got crushed 59-20 by Florida and came back to win the East. That was a much worse thrashing than this year's matchup that was separated as much by turnovers as by simply dominant play on one side. I am not going to talk smack to UT until we grind them into the floor with our hobnailed boots. Until then, they are a legit threat in my book.

Possibly, but I just don't see them as that much of a threat this year since we have them 'tween the hedges. Florida, Auburn, Alabama, yeah I am concerned about.

I agree those all look like better teams than Tennessee but just like you can't overlook annually inferior South Carolina, UT is no gimme this year.

True enough, and my anxiety about that game will increase once it gets upon us, but right now the Tide is the task at hand.