• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Libid21's Random Comments on the Forum

mattlanta

You don't need an LCD monitor to display more than 1024 x 768, a CRT monitor (unless it's like 10 years old LOL) is perfectly capable of displaying much higher. Have you checked to see if you can set it to a higher resolution in your display properties?

Nope I don't need a screenshot but thank you.

I think my monitor is well over 5 years old. It can go higher than this but if it's any higher, the monitor hurts my eyes for some reason (makes me dizzy) and I asked one of my tech expert friends and he said that usually happens with older monitors. But hey, that's fine. I've decided to stick with IE since I like the general interface of it more than Firefox. Hawksquawk will still be Hawksquawk to me, but I'll just have to use the Light versions.

Dolfan do you think you can extend the time table for being able to edit posts from a couple hours to possibly a day? I keep re-reading soem of my posts that I've made during the day today and I keep seeing not just typos but legit errors lol... just a suggestion.

EDIT: And just to clarify, you don't think there's a way to kind of shrink the Hawksquawk skin to fit my monitor? I really really want that menu bar on the left side lol, but like I said it's all good if you can't do anything about it - I'm just making sure I got what you said.

Thanks.

Edited by Libid21

Dolfan do you think you can extend the time table for being able to edit posts from a couple hours to possibly a day? I keep re-reading soem of my posts that I've made during the day today and I keep seeing not just typos but legit errors lol... just a suggestion.

EDIT: And just to clarify, you don't think there's a way to kind of shrink the Hawksquawk skin to fit my monitor? I really really want that menu bar on the left side lol, but like I said it's all good if you can't do anything about it - I'm just making sure I got what you said.

Thanks.

Actually I believe the edit time is 30 minutes and it needs to stay that way otherwise when people get caught saying something stupid they can't just go back and change it.

Unfortunately I can't make it any more narrow without changing way too much code. I'd suggest that you try and increase the resolution on your monitor to 1280 x 1024 and make sure you have it on the highest refresh rate you can get it to display and then see if you can get used to it. Unless your monitor is 10 years old and you have a really crappy video card it should be able to display that resolution without a problem.

Actually I believe the edit time is 30 minutes and it needs to stay that way otherwise when people get caught saying something stupid they can't just go back and change it.

Unfortunately I can't make it any more narrow without changing way too much code. I'd suggest that you try and increase the resolution on your monitor to 1280 x 1024 and make sure you have it on the highest refresh rate you can get it to display and then see if you can get used to it. Unless your monitor is 10 years old and you have a really crappy video card it should be able to display that resolution without a problem.

It's only at 60 Hertz at that resolution. Tried it before already. But that's okay, I understand that there's nothing you could do so it's fine. I'll stick with the Light versions. Thanks though.

Is my computer the only one experiencing the posts going over their border?

For example...

errort.jpg

The right of the post box just over-expands.

That happens in many of the posts here, and it just expands the forum out even more. It may be the new quotes styles that have been installed?

And in Hawksquawk it's even worse. Only the home page looks right and the rest is just too big.

I'm using Firefox btw.

Edited by Libid21

Is my computer the only one experiencing the posts going over their border?

Your screen resolution is too low, which is almost always the case with you seeing things different than most everyone else on here. Unfortunately I can't make the site more narrow for everyone else just to make it fit at the resolution you are running at. Even as designed you can use the light skins at slightly over 1024 x 768 without having an overlap.

I tried re-adding a quote in my sig, and I got this error message

"Your signature is too long. Your signature cannot contain more than 1 image or be larger than 50k in size. It also must be less than 550 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall."

So no more words allowed in our sigs?

I tried re-adding a quote in my sig, and I got this error message

"Your signature is too long. Your signature cannot contain more than 1 image or be larger than 50k in size. It also must be less than 550 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall."

So no more words allowed in our sigs?

Words/text are allowed as always. The limitations are:

Number of lines: 5

Characters per line: 125

Size of image: 50k, 550 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall

So basically you should be able to have up to 625 characters in your signature.

Note - these limitations do not apply to "Hawksquawk Supporters" or moderators.

• 4 months later...