• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can we please all agree to not overhype the preseason?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

As far as I'm concerned, I want to see just a few things:

1. Evans and Flip gel in the 2nd unit.

2. Acie Law to get some minutes.

3. Solomon Jones to be aggressive offensively.

4. Marvin Williams to chuck up the threes.

5. Horford, Smith, JJ, and Bibby to stay healthy.

6. The roster fodder to PLAY DEFENSE like it's their last breath.

Analyzing anything else seems kinda silly at this point...

After seeing the guys fight last year against the eventual titlists and considering the roster additions of veterans Flip Murray and Mo Evans, the confidence of Mike Woodson and his new two-year deal, the emergence of Acie Law and Solomon Jones, the expected burst to superstardom of Marvin Williams and the returned health and production of Speedy Claxton, I think you are short-changing the Hawks if you don't see at least 60 wins and a Finals appearance out of this squad. They are just that good, and last year's playoff series with the Celtics has them poised as the up-an-comers to take the throne.

Well, either that or they miss the playoffs and Woody is fired...(or should be)

Edited by jhay610

6639.jpg

haha I definitely have to add that one to my hallowed photobucket account. i made a nice addition this summer but i am not sure how easy it will be to use it on the board and have it actually make sense. I might just throw it into posts randomly.

afro_ninja.gif

• Premium Member
haha I definitely have to add that one to my hallowed photobucket account. i made a nice addition this summer but i am not sure how easy it will be to use it on the board and have it actually make sense. I might just throw it into posts randomly.

afro_ninja.gif

Qouted for hilariousness.

As far as I'm concerned, I want to see just a few things:

1. Evans and Flip gel in the 2nd unit.

2. Acie Law to get some minutes.

3. Solomon Jones to be aggressive offensively.

4. Marvin Williams to chuck up the threes.

5. Horford, Smith, JJ, and Bibby to stay healthy.

6. The roster fodder to PLAY DEFENSE like it's their last breath.

Analyzing anything else seems kinda silly at this point...

Totally agree. I know people want to see the team do well, but preseason is more about what individual players can do, and not necessarily what the team does. The fact that Marvin seems to be very comfortable taking and making the 3 pointer ( 4 - 7 ), and Acie is looking like the offensive threat he was at Texas A&M ( 65% FG ), is more important to me, than the actual team's success. But even their 2-game performances have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Preseason games are coached much differently than regular season games. The Zaza's and Acie's of the world will have to battle some of the starters from other teams, and not just the bench players.

You are correct NC that the starters will have to step up more in the regular season. But also - the Woodster will have to trust his 2nd 5 more. I think he will this year since his job isn't on the line as much. At least I hope he will.

I have no problem with our starters (except maybe Marvin)....they can do the job.