• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Flip needs a short leash

exodus

Tonight Flip took 13 shots, Horford 6 and Smith 9. That isn't going to work. He took 7 three pointers for chrissakes and he is a career 28% shooter from 3.

Woody needs to nip this in the bud and let this guy know if he starts jacking up too many shots he is going to be sitting.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I've never been a Flip fan and I didn't really like the signing, and definitely didn't get excited when he had a few good games. He's one of those guys that when he makes a shot, he shoots 5 times in a row after that. I'll stick to saying what I've been saying all along, he's a poor man's Ricky Davis without the 3pt shot.

Tonight Flip took 13 shots, Horford 6 and Smith 9. That isn't going to work. He took 7 three pointers for chrissakes and he is a career 28% shooter from 3.

Woody needs to nip this in the bud and let this guy know if he starts jacking up too many shots he is going to be sitting.

The question is how did Flip get those shots? Was he in there as the scoring guard for the 2nd unit or was in there with Smith and Horford? I'd assume that most of his minutes came with the 2nd unit and he's far and away the most proven scorer of that group, even if he's not very efficient. I'm fine with Flip taking a large chunk of shots as long as he's somewhat efficient and that it's not coming at the expense of the more efficient scorers like JJ, Bibby, Marvin, etc.

So wait...we hate Flip now? Tough to keep up with all the love/hate around here.

I agree with u man..Murray is a good player but like any other player, he has flaws. His is that he gets trigger happy every now and then but besides that he is a good signing for us..will provide energy and scoring off the bench along with Evans to replace Childress. Joe Johnson said he didnt know Flip was so talented..so u know the guy can play..let the season begin before the bashing starts plz! lol

The question is how did Flip get those shots? Was he in there as the scoring guard for the 2nd unit or was in there with Smith and Horford? I'd assume that most of his minutes came with the 2nd unit and he's far and away the most proven scorer of that group, even if he's not very efficient. I'm fine with Flip taking a large chunk of shots as long as he's somewhat efficient and that it's not coming at the expense of the more efficient scorers like JJ, Bibby, Marvin, etc.

nope he played with starters abd everybody else. He played way too much tonight IMO,I was at the game and sometimes he refused to give it up.

nope he played with starters abd everybody else. He played way too much tonight IMO,I was at the game and sometimes he refused to give it up.

That has been his rep his whole career. Maybe he can change but i'll believe it when i see it.

I used to watch Seatle on LP at times and Ray Allen was a pretty vocal critic. It didn't seem to matter who Murray was on the court with.

His career numbers are 41% shooting, 2.4 assists and 1.58 turnovers. I don't hate the guy but i think some people here are expecting more than what he can deliver. He is a decent defender and if he can be more selective with his shots he could be a big help.

Problem is he has never shown any inclination to be more selective with his shots.

• Premium Member

Simple.

In order to keep Smoove pigeon-holed at PF, Flip comes in and Zaza sits. That has been the case the last 2 games.

The problem is that Flip is a shot chucker and if he's not going to the line, he's not so effective.

Simple.

In order to keep Smoove pigeon-holed at PF, Flip comes in and Zaza sits. That has been the case the last 2 games.

The problem is that Flip is a shot chucker and if he's not going to the line, he's not so effective.

Pigeon-holed at PF? That's EXACTLY where he should ALWAYS be playing since he's significantly less effective at SF and at C.

Better than Smith taking all the threes.

When Ray Allen was injured several years back, Flip averaged around 23 PPG while filling in for Allen's extended absence. When Smith can average 23 PPG for a whole week then we can discuss your concerns again. (Besides, he got his near-max contract. I wouldn't expect much from Smith any more.)

Simple.

Smith played exclusively SF last night...

Unless we had some lineups with Horford/Zaza/Morris at SF and Smith at PF...

Edited by crimedog

When Smith can average 23 PPG for a whole week then we can discuss your concerns again.

I was bored , so i checked to see if Josh avg 23 ppg for a week last season.

He's done it before, and has came close to it a few other times. :beer:

Week : Jan 2nd to Jan 9th

20 pts @ Clev

20 pts @ Ind

34 pts vs NJ

19 pts vs Clev

35 pts vs Was

= 25.6 ppg

Week :Nov 11 to Nov 17th

23 pts vs Was

15 pts vs Char

38 pts @ Mil

= 25.3 ppg

Week: Dec 3rd to Dec 10th ( Player of the week)

22 pts @ Phi

13 pts vs Det

28 pts vs Min

25 pts vs Mem

25 pts @ Orl

= 22.6 ppg

Apr 5th to Apr 12th

18 pts @ Phi

25 pts@ Ind

24 pts @ NY

17 pts vs Bos

= 21 ppg

Smith played exclusively SF last night...

Unless we had some lineups with Horford/Zaza/Morris at SF and Smith at PF...

They had a lineup with Smith as a pf in the 4th

Pg Bibby

sg Flip

Sf JJ

Pf Smith

C Horford

Edited by pimp

Better than Smith taking all the threes.

When Ray Allen was injured several years back, Flip averaged around 23 PPG while filling in for Allen's extended absence. When Smith can average 23 PPG for a whole week then we can discuss your concerns again. (Besides, he got his near-max contract. I wouldn't expect much from Smith any more.)

WTF

Do you really think Smith has never averaged 23 ppg for a week? One week is only 3 or 4 games.

This past season Smith averaged 25.6 ppg from Jan 2-11. He dropped 56 pts in two games against Boston (the best defense in the league) in the playoffs.

Secondly his contract is nowhere near a max deal. Smith will make $11.6 million per season. A max deal is $5 million/year more than that which is what Dwight Howard got.

Smith has shown marked improvement each year he has been in the league and has shown time and again that he is the most competitive and intense player we have. Trying to say he will just take it easy now that he has gotten paid shows how little you follow the team.

Flip has been a well known chucker his whole career. If he is so good how do you think the Hawks were able to sign him for only 1 year $1.5 million so late in free agency?

:nono:

WTF

Do you really think Smith has never averaged 23 ppg for a week? One week is only 3 or 4 games. Woo hoo he's done it two or three times then.

This past season Smith averaged 25.6 ppg from Jan 2-11. He dropped 56 pts in two games against Boston (the best defense in the league) in the playoffs. too bad he stunk up the other 5 games.

Secondly his contract is nowhere near a max deal. Smith will make $11.6 million per season. A max deal is $5 million/year more than that which is what Dwight Howard got. Anything over $8 mil per year for Smith is a tremendous overpayment. Howard earns his $$$.

Smith has shown marked improvement each year he has been in the league and has shown time and again that he is the most competitive and intense player we have. That's why he is so consistent. Trying to say he will just take it easy now that he has gotten paid shows how little you follow the team. Hasn't shown much in the only games he's played since he got his contract has he?

Flip has been a well known chucker his whole career. If he is so good how do you think the Hawks were able to sign him for only 1 year $1.5 million so late in free agency? Never said Flip was all that great, but because he took more shots than Josh is hardly a great concern. As I said, Flip scored 23 ppg for half a season. Wake me up when Smith does.

***Crickets chirping***

:nono:

Edited by Watchman