• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am glad we got Horford and not Oden

WraithSentinel

Despite all of Oden's potential, he's always going to limited offensively. He might be more like a Marcus Camby type of center rather than Andrew Bynum or Patrick Ewing, among other comparison's.

Camby, at one point, has had a very injury prone career also, but he's managed to be known as one of the better defensive centers over the past decade.

Al, on the other hand, has a chance to really develop offensively and really be a solid big, and he should make that transition into being a multiple all-star, which could be more difficult for Oden if he's not scoring points, even if he's healthy.

LOL Oden played 12 minutes in his first NBA game (getting 5 rebounds) and is already being written off.

that's the problem in itself. he missed his entire first year and could only make it 12 minutes through the first game of his second. the dude is soft as Charmin... point blank.

that's the problem in itself. he missed his entire first year and could only make it 12 minutes through the first game of his second. the dude is soft as Charmin... point blank.

This seems to be a pretty common thing among the bigger bigs. First big Z, then Yao, and now Oden all having problems with their feet.

what are you guys saying? some credit to billy knight?

BK didn't have a choice in the matter, but he would have taken Oden in a second just like everyone else. It's one thing to question Oden's durability, but Oden will be a defensive monster if he ever stays healthy.

One concern w/ Oden is that one leg is longer than the other. That might produce continued problems for his mobility and health. I would imagine he's going to develop lower back problems before too long.

I think the dude has potential to be an excellent player, but his health is going to be a real issue. The Walton comparison is probably too early in terms of offensive production because Bill was an awsome offensive player. The dude had every post move in the book. But he learned those from staying in college 4 years and developing those moves. Oden is never going to have the post moves that Walton had.

Hey, this is post 2001! That took forever to get to.

This seems to be a pretty common thing among the bigger bigs. First big Z, then Yao, and now Oden all having problems with their feet.

agreed. i truly don't want him not to succeed but the taller, lanky bigs seem to all have these problems... one that sticks out to me that did stay healthy and productive was Mutumbo but he wasn't exerting (sp?) himself like Oden tries to offensively

I think killing Oden is way premature here.

I would put together any package including Marvin, Zaza, Bibby, Speedy, Solomon, the rights to Josh Childress (who might sign with Portland for less money than Olymp since Portland is avant gard, and left coast, even though he didn't like us) future firsts, the hockey team, the arena, the wives, and ANYONE not named Joe, Josh, Al or Acie (I would really hate to part with him since we have GOT to have a PG now and in future. Of course, if they had to have him, bye Acie).