• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin

Frenzy

In one of the several pre-season games MW attempted 5 and made 3 three pointers. He's not a game changer but if he can make the three he can be a force for us. JS and Horford need room to breathe and our guards need someone more likely open behind the 3 and consistent to pitch out to. 1 preseason game isn't much to lend hope but it's all the hope I've got regarding MW.

W

I actually expect MW to have a huge game for him

23 pts, 7 boards, 4 assts, while showing off the 3 pointer and being a better finisher (i.e. turn those 2 point free throw trips into and 1s).

I think he really wants to show what he can do.

• Moderators

23 pts, 7 boards, 4 assts, while showing off the 3 pointer and being a better finisher (i.e. turn those 2 point free throw trips into and 1s).

23 points AND 4 assists would be a monster game. Of all the things that Marv gets criticized for you never see assists. So I checked and his assists were fairly low last season. But for a spot up shooter that probably isn't unusual. Total he had about half as many as Smoove and about the same as Horford. So improving in that area would be nice but of course everyone is looking for scoring.

23 points AND 4 assists would be a monster game. Of all the things that Marv gets criticized for you never see assists. So I checked and his assists were fairly low last season. But for a spot up shooter that probably isn't unusual. Total he had about half as many as Smoove and about the same as Horford. So improving in that area would be nice but of course everyone is looking for scoring.

I don't expect Marvin to get many assists because he's usually the 3rd or 4th option on offense and by the time the ball gets to him hopefully he'll be the open guy and will just take the shot. Points will mean a lot more to me than assists from him, unless all of the sudden they start running the offense through Marvin ala Joe.

Don't really care about individual statistics on a game-by-game basis.

But, I too want to see several three-point attempts. And active defense.

Indeed, more about attitude than actual numbers b/c those can fluctuate so much depending on who else is hitting, how you're shot is falling, etc.

If he plays with some aggression on D and confidence on offense, I'll be happy. If he looks timid or overthinks on offense and just goes through the motions on D, I will be unhappy regardless of the result.

• Premium Member

Marvin only scored 20 + points 2 times last year.

This year, Woody seems pretty comfortable with Evans defense.

I suspect Marvin will get started early... maybe something like 8 points in the first qtr .take the second qtr off. Score about 4 points in the 3rd qtr... begin looking like a defensive liability and will watch Evans play the 4th.

Marvin's scoring will depend on several factors. Who's hot? Who's open? How serious

will our opponent take Marvin as a 3 point threat. Will Marvin drive the ball? Can they stop him if he does drive inside? How many minutes will he see, being out with an injury

in pre season before serving his one game suspension? Is he slightly rusty?

If he plays solid minutes, I expect him to score in double figures at the least.

:offtopic2:

TO ALL HAWKS:

Hit those free throws!! They count!!

In their opening game, they were 18-31. That's 58.1%.

Where is our shooting coach?

This is unprofessional. High school? Not even good for them.

Making big $$$$ to play this game and can't hit a free throw!

There, you have my gripe. 13 points left on the free throw line.

This could easily cost the Hawks any close game.

:computer8:

I suspect Marvin will get started early... maybe something like 8 points in the first qtr .take the second qtr off. Score about 4 points in the 3rd qtr... begin looking like a defensive liability and will watch Evans play the 4th.

You probably look at someone else's gamelog. He scored 20+ points in about 17 times by my count.

Hopefully see the fruits of what he focused on this Summer, which was apparently getting stronger and more physical when it counts, and working on the three ball. Like someone previously mentioned, if he hits two threes then it'd be time for a minor celebration and a new day in the career of Marvin.

lol