• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smoove and the 3 ball.

Wretch

And one thing I've always said about Smith and his shot. If he does make a jumper, it's most likely because he's shooting from the top of the key area. Last year, he was 8 - 16 from 3 point range, when he shot a three from the top of the key area ( according to nba.com/hotspots ).

If he's on the wing, he tends to miss shots badly. But I guess because he has the backboard to judge the shot with, that he can make the straight on jumper a little more frequently.

That's an interesting stat and something that I'd guess would be opposite of most NBA players since it seems that the best 3pt shooters love the corner shots.

I also agree with others that it seems like he focuses a lot more when it's an important shot and I don't cringe nearly as often when he takes those like I did in the past.

Well he missed a lot of close-in jumpers in the first two Qs so I guess I can't say I wish he took more from there. For a guy with the hops he has, he doesn't really jump when he takes a jumper and he doesn't have that Brand/Aldridge sort of release where he shoots from up high, he has that slow shoulder-shot so he might be better from deep just because its harder to bother his shot with space.

Anyway, I don't like to see him shoot. He is making them now but I'd be suprised if his season averaged was significantly higher than his career average from 3, pleasantly suprised for sure, but suprised none the less.

In terms of his offense, I feel like his jumper falls more when he can get in rythm early. When we push the tempo early and he gets transition points or when we iso him in the high post or get him in motion on a PnR he gets fouled and sent to the line and I think that helps his shot. When he starts out with the jumper because he's playing off someone else or just being over-confident, I feel like it takes longer for him to warm up. Once he's feeling good about his shot, it seems to go in even though it ain't nice to look at.

He's definitely better in the low post or in the high post where he only has to take two bounces before going up but you can only get him in those situations so often.