• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did anyone catch the Brand comment before our game?

Admin

They showed it last night about how it was important for Brand to go out and show the Sixers and their fans that they got the right guy in FA. At that point it definitely looked that way as Smoove was playing awful, but by the end of the game I'd say that Smoove had the last laugh and an arguably more impactful game.

I'm from the Philly Suburbs, I can tell you...Smoove is getting the last laugh, here. They are really disappointed in Brand. They are already comparing him the Chris Webber, when he was here.

That's a shame because it seems like he has put up some pretty damn good numbers thus far and they've lost to 2 pretty damn good teams.

This is kinda off topic but I'm curious how do Philly people feel about that show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"? I just started watching it this year although I've gone back and watched the previous seasons and I think it's hilarious but I don't know anyone else that watches it.

I'm from the Philly Suburbs, I can tell you...Smoove is getting the last laugh, here. They are really disappointed in Brand. They are already comparing him the Chris Webber, when he was here.

yea that is a damn shame because Brand is a hell of a player..he will probably be in MVP talks by midseason. I think he fits in well with Philly and they will be top 5 in the East..how can you complain??

yea that is a damn shame because Brand is a hell of a player..he will probably be in MVP talks by midseason. I think he fits in well with Philly and they will be top 5 in the East..how can you complain??

The complaint is the fit with the team. As you know, Philly was a running team last year. And now they have 2 styles of play, that clash. Fans were convinced it would work in the off-season, but now the rumblings have begun. And AI is under fire here too....

That's a shame because it seems like he has put up some pretty damn good numbers thus far and they've lost to 2 pretty damn good teams.

This is kinda off topic but I'm curious how do Philly people feel about that show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"? I just started watching it this year although I've gone back and watched the previous seasons and I think it's hilarious but I don't know anyone else that watches it.

I don't watch it myself...but it's always the butt of the jokes, when it rains here.

I saw those comments. Bad timing because i don't think he will have many big games against the Hawks. Brand really isn't a low post player. He likes to face up and he doesn't pose a size matchup problem for Smith or Horford.

Plus he is coming off a season ending surgery. No telling if he is 100%. But overall i am not too concerned about Philly. They pose more problems for other teams then they do for us. Miller killed us last year but if he is off we match up well with them. We have beaten them 4 out of the last 5 games.

hell yeah thats a funny show. i watch it all the time. some classic stuff there.

Dol "Always Sunny" is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, "Seinfeld on crack" is the description a critic used and I think its perfect.

Smith v. Brand? A healthy Brand is better, 05-06 Brand was a top 10 player, maybe higher. Who knows if he's gonna regain that form though? He is a highly skilled player, so hypothetically he will be able to play at a high level for a long time but some guys aren't the same after a big injury Hill, Webber, Penny...

I think Philly made the right gamble but it was certainly a gamble. I'll take Smith for this team - he was all over the place on both ends in the second half, guarding the center and shooting guard on alternating possessions where as EB was pretty quiet in the crunch.

That being said, EB wouldn't have a first half like Josh... dreadful is too kind to describe that first half.

I live in the Philly area and even after the game their post game show people kept saying how happy they were that hey got Brand and not Smoove. The thing is I dont think they ever really had a chance with Smoove. Brand will be a good fit for the Sixers but if you ask me who I would want right now factoring in age and contract I would take Smoove all day. He is not a convetional pf like Brand and he is not as steady a player as Brand but he is still a dam good young player who is alot cheaper and will give us alot more over the length of the deal.

Dol "Always Sunny" is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, "Seinfeld on crack" is the description a critic used and I think its perfect.

Smith v. Brand? A healthy Brand is better, 05-06 Brand was a top 10 player, maybe higher. Who knows if he's gonna regain that form though? He is a highly skilled player, so hypothetically he will be able to play at a high level for a long time but some guys aren't the same after a big injury Hill, Webber, Penny...

I think Philly made the right gamble but it was certainly a gamble. I'll take Smith for this team - he was all over the place on both ends in the second half, guarding the center and shooting guard on alternating possessions where as EB was pretty quiet in the crunch.

That being said, EB wouldn't have a first half like Josh... dreadful is too kind to describe that first half.

Sunny is right up there with the niche comedies for me with Curb Your Enthusiasm (truly Seinfeldian!) and Arrested Development. I'm now fully caught up on Sunny and wondering why I never watched it before.

Yeah that's a tough call on EB vs Smoove. Part of me thinks that both teams would be better by swapping players, at least this year and maybe next, but in the long run Josh Smith will be a dominant player for many years after Brand is washed up or out of the league.