• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk will be off Marvin's Jock

gsuteke

In addition to his 3s he also got 7 defensive rebounds. He was all over the glass. If he starts hitting 3s and getting more defensive rebounds it will make a huge impact on this team.

He was also pretty active defensively and I think he had a steal or near steal on our 1st possession of the game.

In the immortal words of Chris Tucker "I try to do what I can do, when I can do it."

I'm just waiting for Diesel to complain that Marvin only had 11 points (even though he only took 6 shots).

Can I please play Diesel for one post and go ahead and predict his thoughts on Marvin's performance?

Okay here goes:

You guys are so pathetic. One game where Marvin hits a few threes and now he is the second coming. Where has this 3 point shot been up until now? He hasn't proven jack until I see him show some consistent passion and prove he can put together a season that warrants his hype in being picked second in the draft. In the meantime, you guys can ride his spongebob loving sack for this ONE game.

Okay that's it. I hope this isn't taken too personally. I'm just trying to be humorous. I actually agree w/ a lot of D's criticism of Marvin.

In addition to his 3s he also got 7 defensive rebounds. He was all over the glass. If he starts hitting 3s and getting more defensive rebounds it will make a huge impact on this team.

Two areas Marvin can improve the quickest:

1-Three point shooting. He has a shooters stroke; he just needs to stand out near the line and have Woody and company give him the unconditional green light. Until he proves he cannot shoot a three, I would love to see him take at least 3 to 4 a night.

2-Rebounding. This ones a little tougher; even though he is bigger than most 3's in the league, he is usually out on the perimeter guarding them. He can still play good D and block out his man; but after the shot is launched, he is still standing 5 to 10 feet away from the basket. This is the reason SF's as a whole only average 4 to 5 boards a game.

Marvin averaged almost 15 and 5 last year. He starts shooting at least two to three 3pointers a game, he will easily average 16-17 a game. It would be great if he can up his boards to 6 or 7 a game.

Marvins' shooting stroke and increasing his range are the keys to his and our success. The jury is still out; but I like his and our chances....

Edited by jamesdcrockett

• Moderators

I thought Marvin's rebounding was more impressive than the shooting last night.

I wanted Woody gone for the last two years but I'll give him credit that he has gotten these guys to be a good defensive team. He still doesn't seem to have much of an offensive plan to me but betweent the two i'd rather have a great defensive team and let the guys figure out how to score.