OUR HAWKS AT DA BULLS!

tonegully

No Smoove

Shots not falling

On the road

Trailing by 7 in the 4th.

Joe shooting under 50 percent

AND WE STILL WON!!!!

Our boys showed heart and Flip came off the bench and scored when we needed it the most. Hopefully we can come out a little more motivated with a killer instinct against the Bulls. Do we stick with the same 5 from the OKC game or start Solo instead? Should Flip be the first off the bench or Mo?

Lets go hawks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Smoove

Shots not falling

On the road

AND WE STILL WON!!!!

Our boys showed heart and Flip came off the bench and scored when we needed it the most. Hopefully we can come out a little more motivated with a killer instinct against the Bulls. Do we stick with the same 5 from the OKC game or start Solo instead? Should Flip be the first off the bench or Mo?

Lets go hawks

um..both guys are cool with me but I like Murray better. both can play multiple positions..quality pickups in the offseason

um..both guys are cool with me but I like Murray better. both can play multiple positions..quality pickups in the offseason

oh yeah most definately and we got them for cheap too..lol. I just hope our guys will come out a little stronger than we did Sunday night.

No Smoove

Shots not falling

On the road

AND WE STILL WON!!!!

Lets go hawks

I would start Solomon Jones only if a more lanky, athletic player was starting..say Tyrus Thomas for the Bulls and KG for the Celtics...his length and athletic skills and shot blocking can come up big against those two types of player...I just think starting Zaza against KG is a mistake waiting to happen...KG is gonna want to blast Zaza from last year and pose a mismatch against Zaza and we all know that Perkins is too much meat for Zaza (I know Zaza has a solid build but I mean, physical)

I would go with either one coming off the bench...you can't go wrong...it's not like Mo can't hit shots and he doesn't take the cringing shots that Murray takes (albeit that it has worked so far) plus he offers better perimeter defense so it just depends on the dictation of the game

I think you've got to start the guys who have the most propensity for fouling, which I believe are Al and Zaza. I could be wrong but it seems like Solo has done a really good job of not fouling too much when he's played this year. So if it's Solo with the lowest foul per minute ratio I'd let him come off the bench when one of the starters gets in foul trouble so that he can play the long stretch when Woody sits the guy in foul trouble for a long stretch as he's prone to do.

Of course AL is starting reguardless, but you dont think we could run SOLO and have Zaza comming off the bench? We also saw them trying to work the ball into the post with AL, I wonder if Solo has any post up moves? We all know Zaza doesnt

Of course AL is starting reguardless, but you dont think we could run SOLO and have Zaza comming off the bench? We also saw them trying to work the ball into the post with AL, I wonder if Solo has any post up moves? We all know Zaza doesnt

I would start Z for a few reasons:

1. For the foul reasons I mentioned, Z (and Al) are more likely (I think) to get in foul trouble and thus be relegated to a long stretch on the bench.
  2. I don't want to do ANYTHING that might make Z feel like he's being disrespected because we need him motivated and not pouting. Starting Solo over him might very well make him think that Solo has passed him on the depth chart.
  3. Experience. Zaza has a lot of experience in the league and like him or not he's our best offensive rebounder and he can flop with the best of them.

From what I remember reading in the reports about camp and summer leagues Solo has been working on some offensive moves. He's clearly more mobile than Z but I don't know if his moves are ready for the big time yet.

LMAO@ number 2 its amazing these big grown men still pout.lol. I hope he is motivated tonight and contest shots tonight. The bull fans are saying that Rose is going to take over the game tonight cause Smoove is not playing. Lets prove them fools wrong.

LMAO@ number 2 its amazing these big grown men still pout.lol. I hope he is motivated tonight and contest shots tonight. The bull fans are saying that Rose is going to take over the game tonight cause Smoove is not playing. Lets prove them fools wrong.

It's sad but true. We saw the good and bad of Zaza last year and if seeing the good means starting him ahead of Solo then so be it.

I know it's hard to remember sometimes but let's not forget that these guys are relatively young and I'm sure none of them are as mature as they are going to get in life. How old is Z, 23?

dam im ready for the game to start now..lol. I hope leaguepass broadband is not 10 minutes behind the acutal game cause it sucks in the chat when you are 10min behind everyone else.lol.

It's sad but true. We saw the good and bad of Zaza last year and if seeing the good means starting him ahead of Solo then so be it.

I know it's hard to remember sometimes but let's not forget that these guys are relatively young and I'm sure none of them are as mature as they are going to get in life. How old is Z, 23?

Zaza is listed as 24 but uh... I don't think anyone buys it.

As for the Bulls, we've been talking about it in a few different threads but this is going to be a tough game. I don't particularly like the Bulls' team but we are playing them without our anchor in their house so the intangibles are in their favor. I think even without Josh we have as much, if not more talent as them. The problem is that he is the energy guy and I think that helps the team play with the gusto we saw before last game. It would be nice if guys' shots are really falling tonight too. One of the things we said when Smith went down was that it might help the offense run a little smoother so I want to see some of that.

I think this game is definitely more important than the Celtics game. We haven't earned the right to take games for granted yet and it looked like we did against OKC. As of right now, distancing ourselves from the Chicagos and NYs of the east is far more important than trying to make a statement against the defending champs.

Zaza is listed as 24 but uh... I don't think anyone buys it.

As for the Bulls, we've been talking about it in a few different threads but this is going to be a tough game. I don't particularly like the Bulls' team but we are playing them without our anchor in their house so the intangibles are in their favor. I think even without Josh we have as much, if not more talent as them. The problem is that he is the energy guy and I think that helps the team play with the gusto we saw before last game. It would be nice if guys' shots are really falling tonight too. One of the things we said when Smith went down was that it might help the offense run a little smoother so I want to see some of that.

I think this game is definitely more important than the Celtics game. We haven't earned the right to take games for granted yet and it looked like we did against OKC. As of right now, distancing ourselves from the Chicagos and NYs of the east is far more important than trying to make a statement against the defending champs.

The Hawks have lost 7 str8 road games in Chicago. This one will be tough.

No doubt about it. At 3-4 they are better than OKC who we struggled with and they have a lot more talent than the Thunder.

hopefully the basket is a little more kinder than the ones at OKC were

I think Rose is gonna be the one to give us fits. He already can drive to the hole with the best of them and with Smoove being out that could very well be the factor. Hopefully Solo can come through tonight and get some big minutes. That said I still think the Hawks win with Horford abusing Noah and JJ scoring 30-35.

Edited by uga2006

I think Rose is gonna be the one to give us fits. He already can drive to the hole with the best of them and with Smoove being out that could very well be the factor. Hopefully Solo can come through tonight and get some big minutes. That said I still think the Hawks win with Horford abusing Noah and JJ scoring 30-35.

If there were ever a game for Al to abuse guys with his strength, its this one. Outside of Gray, they are a scrawny team (the word scrawny looks best in italics) and he's a textbook definition stiff.

Even without Josh we shouldn't be too bad up front unless Gooden is playing, in which case they probably have the front court advantage.