• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OUR HAWKS AT DA BULLS!

tonegully

Another solid win. We never put them away like we could have but I'm still impressed with the hawks. 6-0. Did the Lakers lose?

Who could have imagined that we'd not have lost a game between our last meeting with Boston and our next meeting with them this far into the season?

The Lakers are up 2 with 45 seconds to go the last update I have.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I just knew we were going to lose this one tonight. Chicago has played us well and especially in their house. What a game tommorrow is going to be! I'm so pumped, I know those guys must be foaming at the mouth!

• Admin

4 road wins already. We did it tonight with out Smith and with JJ really struggling on offense (although Joe played great d and was a great distributor tonight).

Clutch performances from Bibby and Evans in the 4th.

Al with the phenomenal performance.

Great win!!!! 6 - 0 baby. Huge test tomorrow night.

Where was Solo? The Bulls had a friggin layup drill in the 4th quarter and they had 19 offensive rebounds while Solo sat on the bench almost the whole game. WTF

A win is a win but that was friggin ugly. Interesting move though having Horford run out like that. It really seemed to energize him. Hopefully they try running him out like that against bigger centers although i would think it would tire him out.

Mo had his best offensive game yet and Bibby hit some big shots. JJ looked really sluggish, almost like he was sick.

How in the world did we win with JJ shooting so pitifully and no Josh Smith? BIG time shots by Evans and Bibby in the 4th and solid D and ball distribution from JJ when it mattered. I can't believe this but I almost have a feeling that we really are a good team and it's going to take another good team playing better than us to beat us.

Oh and I cannot forget Big Al. What a HUGE game from him!!!! For the 2nd game in a row he was blocking shots all over the place too. I always knew that he was a better shot blocker than what we've seen, I guess he's been focusing more on position defense than shot blocking with Smoove in there, or maybe he doesn't have the height to block many shots at the center position?

We just gave up 108 pts to a team missing 3 starters. The defense just evaporated in the 4th quarter. If feels strange to be annoyed at being 6-0 but that is how i feel now.

The Hawks missed a few foul shots at the end but overall shot them well and that was huge tonight. They finished 28-36 although they missed 3 of their last 4.

If there were ever a game for Al to abuse guys with his strength, its this one. Outside of Gray, they are a scrawny team (the word scrawny looks best in italics) and he's a textbook definition stiff.

Even without Josh we shouldn't be too bad up front unless Gooden is playing, in which case they probably have the front court advantage.

They Grey dude is a big stiff. Can't believe he is actually on an NBA roster.

• Premium Member
I can't believe this but I almost have a feeling that we really are a good team

Huh? You don't think that we are a good team right now? Talk about a reluctant fan base! I thought Hotlanta and Walter were the only posters that would not believe in the Hawk until they threepeated.

Andres is right up there with James Posey as guys I can't stand. Can't let him have 20 points. He and Rose kept this game close. But a monster game from Al. That was a pleasure to watch. Mo Evans was huge also. That's the benefit of having more than 1 guy of the bench that can produce. Flip was nowhere to be found tonight, but having a guy like Mo also made a big difference.

The thing that was impressive about this game: Joe Johnson was cold as ice, and we still found a way to win because the other guys stepped their game up.

Rathbun said it best: The Hawks of the past would've lost that game if Joe had the game that he did.

Now they know that they have the talent ALL AROUND to be a good team. That's what really impressed me. Defensively there was a bit of a lapse tonight, but I kinda expected that considering the shooters they have on that team (man, it really amazes me how much that team underachieves. They've got REALLY good players, but they can't put it together. It's befuddling.).

All in all, I'm satisfied with another win, another win that came on the road as well. We're guaranteed to go at least .500 on a road trip. When's the last time the Hawks could say that about a road trip that wasn't 1-2 games? :P

But yeah, now that that's over and done with: Bring on those got damn Celtics. :angry: