• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is one loss I won't be complaining about.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

No Smith for the entire game.

No Zaza for an entire half.

Major foul trouble for most of the 2nd half.

Defending champs.

On the road.

Going east.

2nd night of a back-to-back.

...AND COMPETITIVE THE WHOLE GAME.

Would've loved a win, but this is the real sign of progress to me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Smith for the entire game.

No Zaza for an entire half.

Major foul trouble for most of the 2nd half.

Defending champs.

On the road.

Going east.

2nd night of a back-to-back.

...AND COMPETITIVE THE WHOLE GAME.

Would've loved a win, but this is the real sign of progress to me.

Anyone who complains about this loss is an idiot. This Hawk team is WORLDS better and nobody can deny it.

Came here to post the same thing.

losing by 1 on a last second shot to Boston, in Boston, on the 2nd game of a back-to-back, with no Smoove, Horf in foul trouble, and Zaza gone for a half.

seems almost ridiculous we were so close.

We are MOST DEFINITELY a good team. A very good team.

I would have loved to win the game and I thought we would win Marvin made that shot but Pierce just made a great shot.

Speaking of Pierce, as much as I hate him, he had a lot of great things to say about us and even Joe Johnson on his way back to the locker room.

Oh well we had to lose sometime and I'm just damn proud of our guys for fighting so hard in this one and I hope they don't get down on themselves.

WOW!!!! AWSOME GAME BABY!!1 I WANTED THE WIN BUT HEY WE PLAYED WITH THE BIG 3 WITHOUT OUR BIG 3.

Paul Pierce gave us major props and he says we are going to be a threat.

ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A HAWKS FAN.

The Hawks are better than the Celtics this year. They're going to miss Posey, I'm thinking...

lol lets not get ahead of ourselves. Very very impressive game. The confidence of this team has got to be sky high at this point...and just wait til we get healthy. gonna be siiick

• Premium Member
lol lets not get ahead of ourselves. Very very impressive game. The confidence of this team has got to be sky high at this point...and just wait til we get healthy. gonna be siiick

It's fact. We are the better team. I'm a realist and I'm being completely honest when I say that we have the best team in the East.

It was a great game, but one can't help but to feel a bit of disappointment because we lost by so close. It's normal for fans to think like this, so I won't say that I'm messed up in the head for being disappointed. Although all the thigns listed in the first post are true, we were one play away from winning this... with no Smith the entire game, no Zaza for an entire half, etc. etc.

Lets call it like it is...this was a poorly officiated game. Period. I commend our guys for hanging tough. But we played against the world champs, the crowd and the refs. Granted we made some stupid fouls (Morris, Solo). However, Joe Johnson barely got any calls. And he's an All-Star! I don't believe in consolation prizes. The refs aided their cause. but we'll be back...

The only thing I can really complain about is the calls Joe was getting compared to what PP was getting on the other end. It was BS.

But other than that...once again, considering the adverse effects we had...we definitely weren't full strength and were .5 away from beating the C's. This is the best feeling L I've had as a Hawks fan in a LONG time.

• Premium Member
i'm not complaining. we lost some of our better players but what separate from good team to great team is winning the close game. really i'm not complaining. i'm just saying maybe we're not there yet. or joe johnson isn't there yet.

JJ made every play he had to for us to win the game. He didn't play great overall, but he was as clutch as he's ever been.