• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is one loss I won't be complaining about.

mrhonline

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game and very dramatic and you couldn't have expected the Hawks to even be in the game that late. If you saw the score and not the game, you would normally think that the Celtics were missing KG and Pierce was in foul trouble or something. WOW!!! No Hawks fan can really complain about that......

BUT....

The officiating was clearly one-sided the whole game in Boston's favor...Woody shouldn't have let the Celts cut that 16 point lead down to a tie. He could have allowed orford to get a few minutes during our big 2nd Qtr run to maybe stay into it. He ended up back on the bench with 1 bad call (pierce charge on the baseline) and 1 good call (on a Pierce pump fake/flop) in the 3rd Qtr anyway. But how fair was it to call cheap fouls on Horford (our best big man), knowing that Josh was injured and then Zaza got hurt as well? Especially when the Hawks (Mostly JJ) hardly got any calls going inside. And you had guys like KG and Big Baby grabbing and pushing all game. Any one else see when Big Baby pushed Solo from behind coming down the court / Solo fell and slid from just across half court almost to the paint - and guess what? No call.

The Celtics did not play well enough to win this game and PP did not deserve to hit that shot!

But he made a tough fadeaway and sometimes people get things they don't really deserve. What can you say?

What a fight! What a game! WE ARE FOR REAL!!! We'll see them beeotches in December @ Phillips!!!

Edited by y2kenta

Couldn't you have immediately just hacked Perkins or Rondo? That would have sent them to the line for a foul away from the play.

If they make them, you've got about 5 seconds instead of .5 seconds. Chances are they probably would have missed at least 1 giving you at least overtime.

No. The league introduced a rule a couple years back to thwart the Hack-a-Shaq strategy that was bogging down the end of the games. Now if you intentionally foul someone away from the ball under a certain time on the game clock they give the player one foul shot plus the ball side-out of bounds.

Rondo was not going to touch that ball. I hate the strategy anyway; why put a guy on the line with a free chance to win or tie the game? Even if he misses two (unlikely) you are still going to get fouled and have to get the stop the next time down anyway.

Put the screws to them and make them score. I can live with that shot Pierce took at the end of the game. That was a tough shot from deep with a hand in his face. He gets props for hitting it, but I'll take it every time if I'm the defense.

Edited by jhay610

This from the game thread:

Our resident Eeyore and New Orleans Hornets troll, Hotlanta.

I've been here way longer than you. I'm not going rah rah rah about a team that has won a handful of games. This franchise has been nothing but a letdown for years. A FEW games doesn't change that.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I've been here way longer than you. I'm not going rah rah rah about a team that has won a handful of games. This franchise has been nothing but a letdown for years. A FEW games doesn't change that.

I've only been a squawker for months but i've been a Hawks fan since birth. I already know what you're about so you can be you...I just don't understand why you're still a "fan".

It's clear when a guy says that "Andre Iguodola owns JJ" that he is a 'glass is half empty' kinda guy.

Your Titans are undefeated and all you can do is bang on the running back and dismiss the team as pretenders. At least you're consistent...You are probably clinically depressed though.

Edited by jhay610