• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There's got to be a free agent big...

mrhonline

...not that I have a problem with Deke but I watched him a little in Houston last year and I don't think he has anything left in the tank. It seemed like he could barley run or jump anymore. He could still snag a rebound and get a block every now and then but that was 7 months ago. I have a feeling his career is done.

Hmm, I don't know about that. Deke is a physical specimen and he's never really had any major injuries that I can remember which to me says that his body might hold up longer than most. He's still big and physical and he was a key contributor to the Rockets after Yao went down. I hadn't thought about him but he'd certainly be worth talking about since it wouldn't cost us a player or draft pick. Worst case scenario is that he'd be better than not signing anyone.

• Admin
Hmm, I don't know about that. Deke is a physical specimen and he's never really had any major injuries that I can remember which to me says that his body might hold up longer than most. He's still big and physical and he was a key contributor to the Rockets after Yao went down. I hadn't thought about him but he'd certainly be worth talking about since it wouldn't cost us a player or draft pick. Worst case scenario is that he'd be better than not signing anyone.

I don't have a problem with bringing the old dude in. His experience and leadership alone would help.

Voshkul might be the one if we want to add an ugly white guy? But he's tough. I don't see us doing this.

I think it is too early to give up on Morris. Name one guy who comes off the bench and gets stared down by KG that doesn't look that way???

Morris looked completely lost against the Cs. It wasn't just whom he was playing, it was his entire body language. Maybe it was first time jitters, but still he looked awful.

I really like the idea of Deke. Jake wouldn't be bad, but Deke is my first choice.

How about Micheal Doleac or Jake Voskuhl?

Jake was exactly the guy I was thinking of. When he was in Phoenix, he was a solid guy for spot defense and rebounding. Surely he's better than Randolph, who doesn't even look like he's trying sometimes. Morris was pretty good at Kentucky. I don't know wtf is up with him on the pro level.

Most of Tubby's good college players, even if they didn't gel as a team in the NCAA tournament, turn out to be decent to serviceable pros. ( Jamal Magloire, Tayshawn Prince, Chuck Hayes, Kelenna Azubuike, Keith Bogans, Rajon Rondo, etc )

• Moderators

All the pro players that have made it under Tubby have been hardnosed players, though. Morris was good his last year at Kentucky but was a soft, finesse player throughout his career there. Intensity has never been his calling card. Hopefully he will develop into a bench big man who can come in and score some points for us but I don't think he will ever provide a defensive presence or be much on the boards.

the problem with free agent bigs is that alot of times they are commited to one team. alonzo mourning is availible, but he is commited to miami, deke is commited to houston, horry would be commited to san antonio if they weren't crapping out at the table this year. after that you get into people that make me want to keep morris.

our best bet would be someone like antonio davis.

btw, this would be a great time to have david andersen on the team...

I'm not ready to call Morris "not able to contribute" after a bad 4 minute stretch against KG.

Again, I'm not trying to get into the Acie/Salim defense of "but you can't evaluate him, he needs timeeeeee!!!!!" but he's played in 2 games so that is our sample size. One of them was good, he scored at will against the Toronto front court, and one was an admittedly awful 4 minute stretch.

Of course I wouldn't object to replacing him. Who's available - Dice, Zo, Horry, Deke, PJ Brown, Scott Pollard, Jake Vokshul, Doleac...

Who's actually available? Probably just the last 3.