• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Folks, we might need to get McDyess in here--NOW..

HAWKS1986

Hawks have won 6 games and you got some dude crowning them eastern conference champions. It's homer bullshyt. You know it and so do I.

6 or 7 games doesn't change 10 years. Going to need a much larger sample size. Until we have one, it's rah rah rah homer bullshyt.

Miracle shot? He's hit plenty of big shots before as much as I hate to say it. PP has hit that shot plenty of times before.Durant's game winner last year was a miracle shot.

Your just a hater. As a true Hawk fan i've been stuck in turmoil for 8 years so if I wanna gloat so be it.

• Premium Member

Dice would have to want to play for free. (vet min.) but I think if we promised him some next season... We could get him.

He'd be great here!!!!

He'd give us the experience and toughness we need.

The only issue is what happens when Smoove comes back?

Dice would have to want to play for free. (vet min.) but I think if we promised him some next season... We could get him.

He'd be great here!!!!

He'd give us the experience and toughness we need.

The only issue is what happens when Smoove comes back?

Smoove is the future, but McDyess at 34 has one or two years left and can still play at a high level..Dice can spot start or be a sixth man..

Horford is still foul prone so Dice is insurance. Having McYess would have helped the Hawks when Horford was in foul trouble. The Hawks may have been able to extend that 2nd quarter lead instead of giving it away.

Dice would provide a better defensive presence against Garnett as well if he gets a chance to guard him.

By Sekou K. Smith

November 20, 2008 10:40 AM | Link to this

I don’t think McDyess is a realistic option Wes. He’d be nice. But not realistic.

What about calling a vet like Dikembe Mutombo and seeing if he wants to play for the hometown team?

He’s not under contract anywhere and he’d certainly help bolster the Hawks’ frontline (the roster would have to be adjusted to make room, of course, but we’re talking hypothetical situations here, right?).

Antonio McDyess is coming back to play for the Pistons. Andy Miller, McDyess’ agent, confirmed Sunday the former All-Star and Olympian will re-sign with the Pistons next month. Detroit dealt McDyess, Chauncey Billups and project Cheikh Samb to Denver for Allen Iverson on Nov. 3. The Nuggets waived McDyess, who has has averaged 13.4 points and 7.7 rebounds in 12 seasons