This is not trending in a good direction:

Nov 12 @ BOS L 102-103 0 00:18

Nov 11 @ CHI W 113-108 0 08:23

Nov 9 @ OKC W 89-85 0 05:47

Nov 7 TOR W 110-92 0 13:06

Nov 5 @ NOR W 87-79 0 12:08

Nov 1 PHI W 95-88 0 12:50

Oct 29 @ ORL W 99-85 0 15:47

On the second night of a back to back having our young PG only playing 18 seconds doesn't say good things about his development. I sure hope this changes over time and he gets a consistent role in the rotation.

Perhaps he hasn't earned it.

• Moderators
Perhaps he hasn't earned it.

Earned it or not, we are going to be in trouble this year when Bibby goes down or will be in trouble after Bibby leaves this offseason if Law hasn't improved enough to at least play a consistent role in the rotation. We need a young PG who will be ready to play some quality minutes and the trend of Law not producing and him getting frozen out of the rotation is going to be one that leaves us without the depth we need. The blame may all fall on Law but I still hope to see that trend reverse itself.

Woody is going with Flip. The guy is getting it done. JJ called it last year, more vet. help. The record shows it so far. Does anyone here believe we would have beaten the Thunder with Acie on the court instead of Flip in that 4th quarter? I like Acie, and he has potential, and it's had not to give such a high draft pick more time, but as a coach, especially one that needs to win this year, you stick with what is working.

Earned it or not, we are going to be in trouble this year when Bibby goes down or will be in trouble after Bibby leaves this offseason if Law hasn't improved enough to at least play a consistent role in the rotation. We need a young PG who will be ready to play some quality minutes and the trend of Law not producing and him getting frozen out of the rotation is going to be one that leaves us without the depth we need. The blame may all fall on Law but I still hope to see that trend reverse itself.

Frankly, I hope we can resign Bibby for something reasonable. I doubt most people expected Law to be ready to start at this point anyway. Bibby won't command near the salary he's making now in FA, its pretty doubtful that he was worth that contract in the first place.

Having Law as a backup would be nice as Flip is very obviously a shooting guard that can play some point whereas, in an ideal world, Acie would be a point guard who can score. The facts is the facts though, Acie looks bad. I keep saying D-League is where he needs to be, jsut to get some confidence. If Woody is intent on cutting down Law's minutes (and as a coach who's mandate is to win, you really can't blame him), why have him languish on the bench? If his problem is lack of game-experience, let him play in the D. If his problem is confidence, let him go out and put up 17-6 for the Rim Rockers.

He was just awful against Chicago. I can't say last night was a surprise, considering how superior Flip is playing.

This! Flip is playing out of his mind and is making it tougher to get minutes at the guard positions.

Frankly, I hope we can resign Bibby for something reasonable. I doubt most people expected Law to be ready to start at this point anyway. Bibby won't command near the salary he's making now in FA, its pretty doubtful that he was worth that contract in the first place.

Having Law as a backup would be nice as Flip is very obviously a shooting guard that can play some point whereas, in an ideal world, Acie would be a point guard who can score. The facts is the facts though, Acie looks bad. I keep saying D-League is where he needs to be, jsut to get some confidence. If Woody is intent on cutting down Law's minutes (and as a coach who's mandate is to win, you really can't blame him), why have him languish on the bench? If his problem is lack of game-experience, let him play in the D. If his problem is confidence, let him go out and put up 17-6 for the Rim Rockers.

good post and good idea.

I don't think it'll ever happen unless Speedy gets back on the court somehow though. Or maybe if we trade for an Anthony Johnson type PG to give some quality backup mins.

In a perfect world we could let Bibby walk next year and give the job to a 3rd year Acie and be good. But at this point I don't think we can count on that so I wouldn't mind trying to get Bibby on the cheap. Looking at the PG free agents in 2009 theres only a 33 year old Andre Miller..Bibby..Iverson...no great options i can see.

Man i wish Acie could start playing like he's capable of.

• Moderators

D League might be the place to go rather than have Acie playing 7 minutes per game. Whatever needs to be done, I don't see this roster being able to accommodate an injury to Bibby or a return to earth from Flip without Acie being an effective role player. It isn't happening now and that has got to change.

As mentioned earlier it IS a vicious circle.

He doesn't produce because he gets no playing time.

He gets no playing time because he doesn't produce.

And around and around it goes.

He knows, if I mess up, Woody will pull me out of the game and I won't get back in.

Sure enough, being tense and hesetent, afraid he's going to mess up, he does. Out

he comes and back to the end of the bench.

He's not that bad. He needs to go out there, relax and play his game. He needs to

build his confidence. He has the ability - The talent. He needs time on the floor. He

can't get time on the floor because of his delima - - The vicious circle.

If the Hawks ever get in a game where there is garbage time - - We haven't had

much of that so far this season -- Maybe, just maybe, we can get him off this journey

to nowhere that he's on right now. I hope so.

:angel19:

I think Mule has the right idea. We haven't had much garbage time minutes the last few games. Hopefully against Washington and Charlotte at home next week we can build a lead and let Acie get in there and get his confidence up.

I'm really dumbfounded by the lack of quality play that Law has provided. You feel that he could drive on anyone at anytime, therefore creating opportunties for others or even opening up his own shot...but he just seems so worried about being aggressive and just passes the ball away.

Nah, not buying that.

I've just never thought he was talented enough to be more than a backup PG in the NBA, though. (And, yes, I wanted Stuckey over Law and Critt).

that's a joke. If anything he has that. He has all the talent.His problems are 100% MENTAL.and anybody should be able to tell that. He's the Hawks Roddy White

Edited by Cwell