Game 12: Atlanta VS Charlotte

gsuteke

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

I've been temporarily (I hope) banned from posting that many pictures on the Squawk so a repeat of last year looks unlikely

Let's not be dramatic here, you haven't been banned from doing anything as I explained via PM.

For anyone curious as to why I asked gsu to post his game thread this way it's because we are over our allowed bandwidth for the month and 20-30 pictures in a thread which will be viewed several hundred times will only make it worse. Fortunately (and in this case unfortunately) Hawksquawk has grown significantly since last season so until we're on a new hosting plan we have to conserve bandwidth wherever we can when we go over our limit like this.

You guys are serious about that election thing aren't you? LOL

Hopefully we can figure out an alternative. If you guys don't mind viewing them on another site I'm fine with that as well. Don't give Dolfan a hard time about it. It costs them money out of their pocket.

SO

How about Charlotte? The Hawks need a game where they're up by 25 or so in the 3rd to give some of the horses that have been logging major minutes lately with Smoove out some rest.

Unfortunately I can't remember the Hawks ever having a ton of success against the Bobcats.

Don't be suprised if Wallace goes off on us. Without Smoove he's just gonna drive to the hole easily. Hopefully the Hawks oull it out cause Charlotte has alot of crappy players outside Wallace,Felton and to a certain extent J-Rich. Okafor is nice but you'd expect more from him rather than barely having a double-double in his 5th year.

Don't be suprised if Wallace goes off on us. Without Smoove he's just gonna drive to the hole easily. Hopefully the Hawks oull it out cause Charlotte has alot of crappy players outside Wallace,Felton and to a certain extent J-Rich. Okafor is nice but you'd expect more from him rather than barely having a double-double in his 5th year.

The Hawks are on a roll - in the respect that they give up almost a career night to the opposing team's star since Smoove has been out on a nightly basis.

Good point.

Couple of years ago the Bobcats really had our number. We were their favorite

whipping boy. They, like the Hawks, didn't win a lot but they sure worked on

the Atlanta team. We couldn't do anything right and they could do no wrong.

Last year we managed to hang with them. Let's hope we can again this year.

Seems that some of their players always have a big game against the Hawks.

Don't be suprised if this game is a real barnburner.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Could be something going on with the Bobcats, is we are to speculate, we find:

Andre Brown & Linton Johnson 111 have just been released by Charlotte.

Antonio McDyess is now a free agent. He has a close connection with one of the

wheels of the Bobcats.

Is there any connection between these two events? No one knows right now,

but it's interesting to speculate about what MIGHT be going on, isn't it.

Could be something going on with the Bobcats, is we are to speculate, we find:

Andre Brown & Linton Johnson 111 have just been released by Charlotte.

Antonio McDyess is now a free agent. He has a close connection with one of the

wheels of the Bobcats.

Is there any connection between these two events? No one knows right now,

but it's interesting to speculate about what MIGHT be going on, isn't it.

The Bobcats have always had our number

Does anyone remember back when that little guy out of Stanford played for them.

Brevin Knight

He freaking torched us every single time we played them!

This is a team the Hawks should beat. Even without Horford. Winning or losing these types of games will dictate whether the Hawks can seriously battle it out for a 4 to 5 seed.

Any predictions tonight?

The Bobcats have always had our number

Does anyone remember back when that little guy out of Stanford played for them.

Brevin Knight

He freaking torched us every single time we played them!

This is a team the Hawks should beat. Even without Horford. Winning or losing these types of games will dictate whether the Hawks can seriously battle it out for a 4 to 5 seed.

Any predictions tonight?

If they're w/o Horford it probably will go down to the last 60 seconds just like the Washington game. Fortunately, the Hawks are at home or it will be an unwatchable game.

Will Brown start rookies Augustin, Ajinca?

Based on Thursday’s practice, coach Larry Brown is seriously considering starting rookies D.J. Augustin and Alexis Ajinca Friday against the Atlanta Hawks.

Brown said if he does that, it’s to inject some energy – some pizzazz, to use Brown’s word – into a team that opened Tuesday’s game down 15-0 to the Dallas Mavericks.

Augustin and Ajinca would replace Matt Carroll and Sean May, if they start. Brown has complimented both rookies recently for how quickly they learn, without needing concepts constantly repeated to them.

Center Dwayne Jones isn’t yet a Bobcat, and it will probably take until early next week for him to arrive from Turkey and get all the paperwork settled to sign him. Jones is expected to take up one of the roster spots the Bobcats opened when they waived forwards Andre Brown and Linton Johnson Wednesday.

Per the Hawks.com blog, Al Horford said after shootaround this morning that he WILL play tonight.

http://hawks.portspaces.com/post/hawksbask..._will_play.html

While I'm excited to have him play I'd almost rather him sit this one out as a precaution since I think we can beat the Bobcats without him. We need both he and Smoove for the long haul and I don't want us to rush either of them back. I hope Al and the team know what they're doing here but I'm not overly confident in our medical staffs ability to judge that with all of the Speedy injuries.