• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 12: Atlanta VS Charlotte

gsuteke

While I'm excited to have him play I'd almost rather him sit this one out as a precaution since I think we can beat the Bobcats without him. We need both he and Smoove for the long haul and I don't want us to rush either of them back. I hope Al and the team know what they're doing here but I'm not overly confident in our medical staffs ability to judge that with all of the Speedy injuries.

I'm glad he is giving it a go. The Bobcats have had our number for quite some time now despite their record. They have historically been tougher and more physical than we have. I hope we win but I am taking NOTHING for granted. We need to win tonight because winning tomorrow in CLE would be a daunting task even if Smoove and Al were healthy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he is giving it a go. The Bobcats have had our number for quite some time now despite their record. They have historically been tougher and more physical than we have. I hope we win but I am taking NOTHING for granted. We need to win tonight because winning tomorrow in CLE would be a daunting task even if Smoove and Al were healthy.

And how will you feel if he gives it a go and re-injures it and has to miss a week, two weeks, maybe even a month like Smoove? I know that we need him and I definitely wouldn't take the Bobcats for granted but I feel like we can beat them without Al.

Couple of years ago the Bobcats really had our number. We were their favorite

whipping boy. They, like the Hawks, didn't win a lot but they sure worked on

the Atlanta team. We couldn't do anything right and they could do no wrong.

Last year we managed to hang with them. Let's hope we can again this year.

Seems that some of their players always have a big game against the Hawks.

Don't be suprised if this game is a real barnburner.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Exactly. I don't overlook this game . . ever. I tried my best to be down there tonight, but ish just keep preventing me from hitting the road. Now I gotta settle for seeing the Vols massacre Middle Tennessee St tonight in Murfreesboro . . . and I'll have to buy tickets on the street just to see that, because the game is sold out. SMH.

If that falls through, surely a sports bar in Murfreesboro will show the Hawks game? LOL . . yeah right.

The Bobcats may suck - but they're still an NBA squad.

A win tonight would be nice. I'm going to be leaving here around 7 which will be nice. I think I'll make some chicken wings and let the kids stay up a little late.

True Story. I took my 6 year old to the open practice a few weeks ago. The arena is basically empty pretty much. That's the only NBA game she's been to so that's all she has to go on.

I'm watching a game this past weekend. I think it was the Nets in Atlanta. She asks me "daddy, are they practicing?"

I told her no they're playing a real game. She says "But daddy, where are all the people?"

LOL true story from the eyes of a small child.

Freaking Phillips looks EMPTY on TV

The Bobcats may suck - but they're still an NBA squad.

A win tonight would be nice. I'm going to be leaving here around 7 which will be nice. I think I'll make some chicken wings and let the kids stay up a little late.

True Story. I took my 6 year old to the open practice a few weeks ago. The arena is basically empty pretty much. That's the only NBA game she's been to so that's all she has to go on.

I'm watching a game this past weekend. I think it was the Nets in Atlanta. She asks me "daddy, are they practicing?"

I told her no they're playing a real game. She says "But daddy, where are all the people?"

LOL true story from the eyes of a small child.

Freaking Phillips looks EMPTY on TV

I don't remember what the crowd looked like in that game but our games always look empty early on and then by the 4th quarter it seems the seats are mostly filled. At least it's been that way since the end of last season and from my perspective.

Flip Murray should be benched for the rest of the game. His turnovers were horrible in that first half.

That was pretty bad.

Woody really needs to use his judgement with Flip and limit his minutes when he starts going haywire like this.

The team has 12 turnovers at the half which is horrible but other than that didn't play bad. Nice to see Marvin with 8 rebounds at the half.

For the most part. Zaza just CREAMED Wallace on a screen. Laid the wood!!!! Looked like he enjoyed it too, really leaned into it.

I was shocked that we didn't get called for some kind of foul for that one since it looked to me like he leaned into it as well.

Especially while Josh is out, a win is a win (is a win). I don't care whether it was the Cats at home with no Richardson. Its another mark in the debit column.

The fact that Al was almost a non-factor (from the box score at least), Flip was bad Flip again, Acie did his Acie thing (nothing), Solo was quiet (the kid does try), and Zaza was hurting just makes the win that much sweeter right now.