• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is up with ZaZa?

BeeSwatter

I just posted this in another thread, he's the best rebounding back-up center per 36 minutes, and has one of the best rebound rates in the entire association....Better even than Marcus Camby. If he's scrappy and getting us rebounds, he's doing everything you want from a second string center and he's doing it while less than healthy.

Camby actually scores double figures and blocks shots aswell. When is ZaZa going to start blocking shots? Or scoring.... Or playing defense... Or run the floor well.... or anything else for that matter.

Camby actually scores double figures and blocks shots aswell. When is ZaZa going to start blocking shots? Or scoring.... Or playing defense... Or run the floor well.... or anything else for that matter.

And when we aquire someone better we will be all for putting him in. Counting his limitations when we have no other options is crazy.

Didn't say he was better than Camby...just better at rebounding. And honestly, who in the league wants anything other than solid rebounding from their back-up center? Also, you act as if blocked shots are some tried and true measure of defense-he's done a fair job defensively for us.

But if you want an elite back-up center, you should probably be a Lakers fan.

Edited by bronnt

Didn't say he was better than Camby...just better at rebounding. And honestly, who in the league wants anything other than solid rebounding from their back-up center? Also, you act as if blocked shots are some tried and true measure of defense-he's done a fair job defensively for us.

But if you want an elite back-up center, you should probably be a Lakers fan.

Lots of people want shot blocking and defense. ZaZa wouldn't get off the bench on alot of other teams. Fair job on the defensive end? Since when? I see layup drills every game. I see teams attacking the middle. Even more so when ZaZa is in the game because they know he sucks on defense. I can assure you most coaches don't want to play big men that shoot 30-40% like ZaZa does. Most coaches don't want backup centers that are really bad defensive players and do nothing other than go for rebounds.

The years ZaZa played 28-30MPG he averaged 7RPG. Not all that outstanding. I think your overrating per 48 minutes. Sorry, if your going to suggest ZaZa is a worthy player you need to bring alittle bit more to the table than per 48 minutes. Why do you think a guy like Danny Fortson couldn't continue to get big minutes throughout his career?

All he played for was rebounds and that's all ZaZa is doing.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Solo isn't a center, atleast not yet. ZaZa may not be perfect but he adds depth to this team that we need.

I think labeling a center on this team (and NBA) is overrated. The question you would ask is that is he athletic enough to defend the interior (small and bigs)? Is he athletic enough to get rebounds over other players? Is he athletic enough to dunk the ball under the basket and not do a reverse layup like Zaza?

Solomon have proven that he is the better player for this team than Zaza with his shot blocking, rebounding and occasional crowd pleasing dunk. Solomon also know his role on offense and doesn't try to be something he's not.

Edited by DeerPark

I think labeling a center on this team (and NBA) is overrated. The question you would ask is that is he athletic enough to defend the interior (small and bigs)? Is he athletic enough to get rebounds over other players? Is he athletic enough to dunk the ball under the basket and not do a reverse layup like Zaza?

Solomon have proven that he is the better player for this team than Zaza with his shot blocking, rebounding and occasional crowd pleasing dunk. Solomon also know his role on offense and doesn't try to be something he's not.

Solo has proven NOTHING as his zeroes across the board stat line shows from last night. Zaza is still a better rebounder and he provides a physical presence in the paint that Solo does not. Solo simply isn't strong enough to hold up against some of the bigger Centers. Both guys have a role on this team but as of right now, a healthy Zaza remains a better, more valuable player than Solo on a nightly basis in my opinion.

The offseason will tell the story as to who is considered more valuable. Both are FAs but I'm willing to bet that Zaza gets better offers on the open market.

Solo has proven NOTHING as his zeroes across the board stat line shows from last night. Zaza is still a better rebounder and he provides a physical presence in the paint that Solo does not. Solo simply isn't strong enough to hold up against some of the bigger Centers. Both guys have a role on this team but as of right now, a healthy Zaza remains a better, more valuable player than Solo on a nightly basis in my opinion.

The offseason will tell the story as to who is considered more valuable. Both are FAs but I'm willing to bet that Zaza gets better offers on the open market.

NOTHING EASY!! NOTHING EASY!!! Zaza will always have a special place in my heart for that, regardless of his performance.

Solo is much more athletic, but he is not as powerful or as skilled. Don't let Zaza occasionally playing like he's Dwyane Wade fool you, he does have some skill.

What skills are those?

If the center position wasn't so lacking these days ZaZa might not stay in the NBA. Big men that have no offensive game and no defensive game are weak links.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

What has ZaZa proven? That he has a horrible and sloppy offensive game and half of his rebounds come from his own misses. I want to know where this inside presence is at when teams are scoring on the inside at will. How can you provide Physical presence when you play like a girl? Because that is how ZaZa plays.