• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'd like to see a front court of Smith/Al/Solo

Plainview1981

Yeah, his whopping TWO double figure rebounding games are just so d@mn impressive. Nevermind that he is a near skill less (by NBA standards) player. You don't play guys that shoot 30% from the field. I don't want to hear the garbage about a hurt shoulder.

Of course you don't want to hear about a hurt shoulder. I'm sure yours feel fine.

You know, it's just plain silly when you say he has only had two double digit rebound games. As if THAT is the definitive measure of a good rebounder-a pure counting number that doesn't take into account how many minutes he's getting. And of course you hold his bad health against him.

Josh Smith is a scrub. He's only had double digit points in three games. Don't give me the health issues, he's a complete wimp and creampuff. Needs to cowboy up and get in there.

Easier to p!ss on a player when you don't take their health or PT into account, right?

Look at his per 36 minutes numbers. He's averaging 12.6 rebounds, and his foul rate is pretty solid.. In fact, there is NO back-up center with a higher rebound rate or MORE rebounds per 36 minutes. He has a higher rebound rate than *ahem* MARCUS CAMBY. Were he among qualified leaders, he'd be 7th in the NBA for rebound rate. This is our back-up center.

Zaza was a HUGE part of this team's hot start. He got 8 rebounds in just eleven minutes at ORLANDO (remember Dwight Howard? He's pretty good). That's like one every 82 seconds. Pretty good.

Then he got 20 minute against Philadelphia and had another 8 rebounds, then did a decent job against New Orleans before he disappeared against Toronto. And against Chicago, he was nearly as dominant as Horford (against an admittedly poor front court), with 12 points and 8 rebounds in 25 minutes.

And then against Boston, before he got hurt, he was a big part of the reason we had the lead for most of the game. Certainly wasn't shooting very well, but was getting fouled and converting his free throws. He also yanked down 5 boards in 22 minutes, which is still pretty decent with Garnett on the other side. In fact, he was tied for the most rebounds on the team despite leaving during the third quarter with the bum shoulder.

Since he's been hurt, he certainly hasn't been as effective...and I can't blame him. My shoulder feels fine-I can't say what his feels like. Can you?

• Premium Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Smith at the 3 in this proposed lineup for limited minutes during games, but not long periods of time unless he proves he can play that position, and I haven't seen it yet. Not to mention, Marvin has looked a lot better this year, numbers aside.

People defending Zaza? Are you serious? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a worse interior defender, it is unbearable to watch. He also sucks on offense and is a complete black hole, NEVER passes the ball out. He's not even a great rebounder, he's had a few big rebounding games but he gets outmanned on the glass constantly. This is not purely evaluation on this season, I've seen it for 4 years.

Sure, rebounders are valuable (provided they are actually good rebounders), but pure rebounders know their role and usually play defense. Zaza does neither. He thinks he's Jordan on offense.

Of course you don't want to hear about a hurt shoulder. I'm sure yours feel fine.

You know, it's just plain silly when you say he has only had two double digit rebound games. As if THAT is the definitive measure of a good rebounder-a pure counting number that doesn't take into account how many minutes he's getting. And of course you hold his bad health against him.

Josh Smith is a scrub. He's only had double digit points in three games. Don't give me the health issues, he's a complete wimp and creampuff. Needs to cowboy up and get in there.

Easier to p!ss on a player when you don't take their health or PT into account, right?

Look at his per 36 minutes numbers. He's averaging 12.6 rebounds, and his foul rate is pretty solid.. In fact, there is NO back-up center with a higher rebound rate or MORE rebounds per 36 minutes. He has a higher rebound rate than *ahem* MARCUS CAMBY. Were he among qualified leaders, he'd be 7th in the NBA for rebound rate. This is our back-up center.

Zaza was a HUGE part of this team's hot start. He got 8 rebounds in just eleven minutes at ORLANDO (remember Dwight Howard? He's pretty good). That's like one every 82 seconds. Pretty good.

Then he got 20 minute against Philadelphia and had another 8 rebounds, then did a decent job against New Orleans before he disappeared against Toronto. And against Chicago, he was nearly as dominant as Horford (against an admittedly poor front court), with 12 points and 8 rebounds in 25 minutes.

And then against Boston, before he got hurt, he was a big part of the reason we had the lead for most of the game. Certainly wasn't shooting very well, but was getting fouled and converting his free throws. He also yanked down 5 boards in 22 minutes, which is still pretty decent with Garnett on the other side. In fact, he was tied for the most rebounds on the team despite leaving during the third quarter with the bum shoulder.

Since he's been hurt, he certainly hasn't been as effective...and I can't blame him. My shoulder feels fine-I can't say what his feels like. Can you?

Like I said, of course he is going to have a few good rebounding games. That's all he can do. He is a weak link on the defensive end. He is a weak link on the offensive end aswell. If your weak on both ends, I don't give a d@mn about rebounding rate. His weakness FAR outweigh his positives. Most of his rebounding is offset by his poor defense.

Sorry, I'm not impressed by a guy that in large part just rebounds his own misses and just goes for rebounds because he knows he can't guard his man or block shots on the defensive end. Maybe that impresses you..... But I want big men that can actually defend/block shots instead of guys that just going for rebounds because they can't do anything else.

What's the excuse for being a crappy player last year?

When ZaZa can be a DPOTY player like Camby, then we will start comparing the two.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Like I said, of course he is going to have a few good rebounding games. That's all he can do. He is a weak link on the defensive end. He is a weak link on the offensive end aswell. If your weak on both ends, I don't give a d@mn about rebounding rate. His weakness FAR outweigh his positives. Most of his rebounding is offset by his poor defense.

Sorry, I'm not impressed by a guy that in large part just rebounds his own misses and just goes for rebounds because he knows he can't guard his man or block shots on the defensive end. Maybe that impresses you..... But I want big men that can actually defend/block shots instead of guys that just going for rebounds because they can't do anything else.

What's the excuse for being a crappy player last year?

When ZaZa can be a DPOTY player like Camby, then we will start comparing the two.

Never said he was better than Camby, he's just been a better rebounder this year. And you were harping on how poor his rebounding was by pointing out his dearth of double digit rebounding games-as if THAT is some true measure of how effective a man is at rebounding.

I'll admit he hasn't played great consistently, but during the first seven games (when he was healthy) he really was a big part of our success. He's playing hurt and is less effective right now.

I'm sure you don't care about playing hurt, but Zaza isn't complaining about it, or about Mike Woodson's strange usage patterns (e. g., we had a four point lead against Toronto when he left, and lost by 5, on a monster night on the boards for him).

I'll go right out and say this-Pachulia is about as effective as any back-up center you'll find in the NBA.

Never said he was better than Camby, he's just been a better rebounder this year.

If Camby played just for rebounds like ZaZa does I'm sure his would go up. If ZaZa could actually make this shots, his rebounds would tail off abit. Atleast the offensive ones.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

With the solid play of Solo while Josh was out I would like to see alot of this front court as long as Bibby/JJ are in the game. I think it gives the team it's best defensive and shot blocking team. I really hope that Woody sticks ZaZa on the bench like he did the last game because you can't keep giving somebody big minutes when they're shooting 32% from the field. Zaza needs to be stuck on the bench unless other guys are in foul trouble.

Hell no. That would be a terrible front court in terms of offensive production.

Yeah because ZaZa really provides offensive punch with his 30% shooting.

Substituting Solo for Marvin makes us a lot more offensively inept.

First of all it puts Josh Smith at the 3 position which is an absolute no no. Then you have Solo who is a worse offensive player than Smoove.

Solo over Zaza off the bench maybe but not all three of those guys in at once. No way.