• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SOLO back on the bench

biscuit

Woody is afraid of Solo & Acie.

They might do something and he wouldn't want that to happen.

Also, West didn't get to make his token appearance tonight.

Perhaps he's saving them all for tomorrow night. We'll see

if they get on the floor. Don't count on it.

Law was out tonight.

I wish Solo got some burn though.

yea Law was out but im surprised Solo aint got any PT. he's actually been playing well this season..he should get at least 10 min off the bench for us..it will probably hurt us come playoff time when our bigs are tired and banged up. Acie should also see more PT..Woody doesnt seem to trust these guys that much and i dont know why..hopefully he wakes up and see that we need to play more than 8 players a night especially this early in the season

• Premium Member
Wow, did we lose the game tonight?

I know right?!?! People around here act like we didn't just beat one of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference, that also has the 2nd worst defense in the league, that was banged up, playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, that was also short handed, on our home court...by 3 points.

:no-no:

(...)

Edited by Wretch

Law was out tonight.

I wish Solo got some burn though.

Law was out with the flu, so at least that makes sense.

What makes no sense is not using Solo, especially when you consider the match-up, one in which he was better suited to see minutes than Zaza.

You would think you'd want to run with a deeper rotation against a team that likes to get out and run, on the front of a back-to-back in two different cities, especially when you bring into consideration that the team last was much more beatable than the team they're playing tonight.

But I guess that's why he's an NBA coach and we're not.

We win . . a bench player doesn't play . . and the complaints continue.

Tell me, whose minutes do you limit, in order for Solo to play?

Marvin - 38

Smith - 35

Horford - 29

Zaza - 13

I mean, seriously?

Do you want to play Marvin 28 minutes, just so Solo can get 10?

Do you want Smith to play less minutes?

Horford?

Zaza to not play, and give Solo his minutes?

We're 12 - 6, but it's still the same ol song around here. Whine and complain about this and that. As a bench player, Solo did his job. Fill in when one of our frontcourt guys can't go. If he gets a DNP . . . so what?

If we trade Acie I will be very upset. I can see him putting up similar numbers to Calderon next year. He has matured a lot. He just needs to get his shot down. I dont know why he is having such an issue adjusting to the NBA from College. He was a stellar shooter at Texas A&M.

the issue isn't adjusting,the issue is woody

We win . . a bench player doesn't play . . and the complaints continue.

Tell me, whose minutes do you limit, in order for Solo to play?

Marvin - 38

Smith - 35

Horford - 29

Zaza - 13

I mean, seriously?

Do you want to play Marvin 28 minutes, just so Solo can get 10?

Do you want Smith to play less minutes?

Horford?

Zaza to not play, and give Solo his minutes?

We're 12 - 6, but it's still the same ol song around here. Whine and complain about this and that. As a bench player, Solo did his job. Fill in when one of our frontcourt guys can't go. If he gets a DNP . . . so what?

1) If Smith is going to continue chucking threes, it's not like he's ultimately deserving of being in there.

2) I'd much rather see Smith's minutes limited for a bit while he's still recovering from the ankle injury-he clearly and obviously tired out toward the end of the Grizzlies game, and probably got a bit tired with the Knicks running up and down the floor.

3) Do we NEED Smith playing 35 and Marv playing 38 minutes on the front end of a back-to-back in two different cities?

4) The Knicks play a style that Zaza isn't really suited to, with the up and down, 7 seconds or less offense. With two teams that take a lot of jumpshots, you have a lot of long rebounds, which aren't his specialty, and he can't get up and down the floor as well as Solo.

5) Inexplicably, Horford played only 11 minutes in the second half-he probably ALSO needed more minutes. We were running with floor combinations like Bibby, JJ, Evans, Marvin, and Smith...and with Marv playing a lot of minutes at the PF position against a team with a weak frontcourt, we need a bit more than four boards from that spot.