• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

'Squawk illogic I've never understood.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I've seen several posters tonight make the statement that "the Hawks looked awful tonight, so they won't win the next X games."

Surely you've seen enough NBA games to know that tonight's game has very little in common with the next game.

(What's more, they missed over 20 threes. Most teams would lose that game).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith needs to be disciplined if he keeps chucking threes. I thought for sure that with Marvin and Evans providing additional 3 ball support that Smith wouldnt feel so pressured to space the floor with his ill-advised 3 point shooting...yet this due takes not two, not three, but FIVE threes? Good grief!

Why cant he just learn to be a Lamarcus Aldridge or Elton Brand type PF instead of this bad jump shooting one?

Yeah, that chat was a joke tonight. (I guess it's like that every night)...

Chat's like that every night....Bibby misses three shots and he should be waived - then he hits a couple threes and he's our hero! Same with the rest of the guys - chat is like condensing everything into one game.

Seriously though, we are a typical talented young team. We can get up for the challenges - then think we can just show up and beat a lesser team. But really it's like walking a tightrope - you can you can lose your balance a bunch of times - but as long as you don't fall it's cool. We eaked out the W and nobody will care how we did it in a month or so.

Smith needs to be disciplined if he keeps chucking threes. I thought for sure that with Marvin and Evans providing additional 3 ball support that Smith wouldnt feel so pressured to space the floor with his ill-advised 3 point shooting...yet this due takes not two, not three, but FIVE threes? Good grief!

Why cant he just learn to be a Lamarcus Aldridge or Elton Brand type PF instead of this bad jump shooting one?

Smith's 3 point shooting has always struck me as more laziness than anything else. It's a lot of work to bang down low so he just hovers around the 3 point line.

He plays like this on D too, leaving guys open so he can roam the paint and then not closing out fast enough when his man gets the ball. Wilson Chandler hit a couple baseline shots in his face tonight for this very reason.

I forgot how up and down he can be... one second he's dominating the game and the next he's killing the team. Luckily he on more than off.

Smith's 3 point shooting has always struck me as more laziness than anything else. It's a lot of work to bang down low so he just hovers around the 3 point line.

He plays like this on D too, leaving guys open so he can roam the paint and then not closing out fast enough when his man gets the ball. Wilson Chandler hit a couple baseline shots in his face tonight for this very reason.

I forgot how up and down he can be... one second he's dominating the game and the next he's killing the team. Luckily he on more than off.

The Hawks are a lazy team overall. Lazy on defense and most of the time they take the lazy jumpshots.

MrHonline,

Shame on you. You used 2 words together that you should know just don't fit

together. Squawk & Logic should never, ever be used together here. What were

you thinking!!!

I can't join the chat and watch the games. In fact, when I listen on my computer,

every time there is a post, a loud "Ping" goes off so I can't listen and chat. Having

a one track mind, this doesn't really bother me, as I can't concentrate on the chat

and the game at the same time.

• Premium Member
- but as long as you don't fall it's cool. We eaked out the W and nobody will care how we did it in a month or so.

Once again we win whilel continuing our bad habits and everybody is fine with it. Joe still turning the ball over, Flip still ball hogging, Woodson's bad substitutions, Law not playing, Josh smith still shooting threes, horrific defense, no ball movement, Tons of iso plays, Stagnant offensive sets etc.

Also Everybody thought that the savior was going to be Josh Smith. Seems to me that the team looks the same or worse but everybody can continue to wear the rose colored glasses.

Edited by Peoriabird

Once again we win will continuing our bad habits and everybody is fine with it. Joe still turning the ball over, Flip still ball hogging, Woodson's bad substitutions, Law not playing, Josh smith still shooting threes, horrific defense, no ball movement, Tons of iso plays, Stagnant offensive sets etc.

Also Everybody thought that the savior was going to be Josh Smith. Seems to me that the team looks the same or worse but everybody can continue to wear the rose colored glasses.

The team does look about the same as before. They never were the defensive team that people thought they became after the first 3 or 4 games. Once again JJ misses alot of shots and turns the ball over and finishes with ZERO FT attempts. Seriously, what kind of number one guy doesn't even attempt a FT?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

If I'm watching on my computer, that requires my full screen. If I'm listening thru

the computer and turn off the sound, I have no ball game.

I'll just follow my one track mind and try to concentrate on the game.

• Premium Member

Wow, we must have lost the game tonight judging by all of the negative posts tonight. It's getting so bad around here that I think some fans would be happier if we were 6-12 instead of 12-6. We gotta shake this loser mentality.

Wow, we must have lost the game tonight judging by all of the negative posts tonight. It's getting so bad around here that I think some fans would be happier if we were 6-12 instead of 12-6. We gotta shake this loser mentality.

we really didn't play well tonight, but i agree to an extent, the hawks of the last couple years would have lost this game w/ joe having an off night. i think bibby's a big reason why - he made some clutch shots. i thought marvin was also really big tonight. he had some huge defensive plays to stop the knick's last run. but it's also frustrating to see them still failing to finish weak teams. they get lazy or complacent or sloppy and let teams back in the game. we've had games against charlotte, dc, memphis and again tonight where we should have crushed a team, but we let them come back.

i know a lot of people don't think much of holinger's per rating and other formulas, but margin of victory goes a long way in judging how good a team is and we show our limitations w/ games like this. that being said, i think we're better than how we've been playing lately and think that w/ josh back we'll get that flow we had at the beginning of the season back soon enough.

Wait, I was at the game tonight and I swear we won...

Did I go to a Dream game?

What a terrible mentality this board has...BE POSITIVE EVERYONE!!

Go Hawks.

If I'm watching on my computer, that requires my full screen. If I'm listening thru

the computer and turn off the sound, I have no ball game.

I'll just follow my one track mind and try to concentrate on the game.

youre not missing that much unfortunately

mainly militant Josh Smith jock-riders who complain if he isnt playing all 48 minutes, and people that insist on using garish text colors so i have to put them on ignore :computer8:

its all good tho :P

Go Hawks!

Edited by f_town

• Premium Member
i love the chat. its hilarious.

Ill take the win but im worried about our defense

You are worried about the defense? What about the offense? If you are satisfied watching Zaza post up or our point power forward turning the ball over and shooting 3s or the Iso Joe turnover play then I understand.