• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Someone Tell Me Why Smoove Is Still Chucking 3's?

JackB1

1-5 tonite, with an AIRBALL!!! Someone PLEEEEZE tell me why this guy is allowed to shoot 3's? His % must be horrible this season. Even worse than

his 25% last year.

When is Woodson going to grow a pair and bench him next time he takes a 3 with more than 10 seconds on the clock?

Seems like Smith is even more determined to do what he wants now that he has that big contract in his pocket.

Will it ever stop? I am tired of hearing Nique saying "that was an ill advised shot"...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
1-5 tonite, with an AIRBALL!!! Someone PLEEEEZE tell me why this guy is allowed to shoot 3's? His % must be horrible this season. Even worse than

his 25% last year.

When is Woodson going to grow a pair and bench him next time he takes a 3 with more than 10 seconds on the clock?

Seems like Smith is even more determined to do what he wants now that he has that big contract in his pocket.

Will it ever stop? I am tired of hearing Nique saying "that was an ill advised shot"...

That was one thing that was frustrating me too. He should not be shooting 3s at all let alone 5 of them. He does not have a good jump shot and it is about time someone stopped him from doing it.

I was wondering the samething. maybe it was a birthday gift from Woody. He has no business shooting 3's. he should leave it to the professionals (marv.jj,bibby.mo and flip). He wants to get in on the 3 party but no one gave him an invitation!!!! I blame Woody!!!

I was wondering the samething. maybe it was a birthday gift from Woody. He has no business shooting 3's. he should leave it to the professionals (marv.jj,bibby.mo and flip). He wants to get in on the 3 party but no one gave him an invitation!!!! I blame Woody!!!

his 25% last year.

he's just messing up his FG%, but when he's wide open i dont mind taking them. he showed last yr in the playoffs that he can make some 3s when hot. no way he should be taking 5 a game tho

• Moderators

The time for Woodson to bench Smoove after a 3pt attempt has come and gone. I want to see Smith avoiding 3's as much as anyone and it would be great if Woodson could do that but the time was during the first four years Woodson coached Smith. He never did it then, so why would Smoove respond positively to that now when he is a more established player?

This should have been addressed during those years when the team was so young and devoid of talent that Woodson couldn't have been expected to win.

• Moderators
This year Smoove is .294

Law's career is .222 This year he is .273 should he stop shooting them too? :hush:

I say they both should keep it coming. Each year they will only get better.

If I am the opposing coach, I say sign me up. That is my dream scenario. I just sag off of Josh Smith and let him fly with his sub .300 3pt shot. That takes Atlanta's best interior scorer out of the paint and removes a dangerous offensive rebounder. Josh will burn the opposition every once in a while if given a green light to shoot open 3's but Atlanta will clearly score less in the aggregate compared to what they would do if Josh was driving the ball at the rim.

It is just a no brainer to let him shoot that if I am the opposing coach.

• Premium Member
This year Smoove is .294

Law's career is .222 This year he is .273 should he stop shooting them too? :hush:

I say they both should keep it coming. Each year they will only get better.

Don't even know how to respond to this line of thinking but to encourage your poor shooting power forward to take 5 threes per game is retarded!