• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Video: Glen 'Big Baby' Davis lives up to his nickname

mattlanta

One of two things come to mind. Big Baby really is a wuss, he probably can't take any criticism and cried a lot growing up.

But also, KG is a jackass of a teammate. You have to know your teammates, like whether or not they can take harsh criticism or if you have to manipulate the teammate to get the desired result. He clearly didn't know this, which tells me he isn't the best teammate to have. Some may disagree that his behavior is what you want to see, but that is a philosophical difference. MJ was like KG, but someone like Duncan or the Admiral or Shaq is not. I wouldn't want MJ as a teammate, too much of an ahole just like Garnett.

Thats my 2 cents.

• Admin
One of two things come to mind. Big Baby really is a wuss, he probably can't take any criticism and cried a lot growing up.

But also, KG is a jackass of a teammate. You have to know your teammates, like whether or not they can take harsh criticism or if you have to manipulate the teammate to get the desired result. He clearly didn't know this, which tells me he isn't the best teammate to have. Some may disagree that his behavior is what you want to see, but that is a philosophical difference. MJ was like KG, but someone like Duncan or the Admiral or Shaq is not. I wouldn't want MJ as a teammate, too much of an ahole just like Garnett.

Thats my 2 cents.

Actually I really liked what Garnett did. He said what was what and it is what younger guys sometimes need to hear. He shows what it is to be a captain in this league. I wish we had guys like that.

• Moderators

I'm tired of seeing this story on yahoo everyday. He's not crying. that's just what his face looks like when he's pissed off, hence the name big baby. I don't have a problem with Garnett calling people out but he's still an ass. I'd like to have Davis on our team. I think he's going to be a solid pro.

• Premium Member
I'm tired of seeing this story on yahoo everyday. He's not crying. that's just what his face looks like when he's pissed off, hence the name big baby. I don't have a problem with Garnett calling people out but he's still an ass. I'd like to have Davis on our team. I think he's going to be a solid pro.

I agree.

And even so, some people cry when they get angry. I'm more concerned with how he responds ON the court.

yeah, it really didn't look like he was crying - and if he was, I wouldn't really give a rats ass.

its a delicate balance, you have to be able to hold your teamates accountable on the one hand but you don't want to alienate them by being a d*ck. I guess what KG did was better than nothing, but on the other hand I don't blame Davis for being pissed off that he was singled out when he wasn't a particularly egregious transgressor.

Edited by crimedog

Davis needs to let KG know that he can whoop anyone's ass on that team. Seriously he could throw KG around like a rag doll. He should at least drill him a couple of times in practice.

If i was on KG's team and he got on my case like that it would be on. Spindly fuk.

Davis needs to let KG know that he can whoop anyone's ass on that team. Seriously he could throw KG around like a rag doll. He should at least drill him a couple of times in practice.

If i was on KG's team and he got on my case like that it would be on. Spindly fuk.

haha, I figured you would make a comment like that about KG.

I read that Big Baby body-slammed Shaq:

That day in the summer of 2001, in a backyard of an academic elder's house on the campus of LSU, Davis found himself staring at the player he idolized. On a mutual whim, the two began wrestling.

And the winner was clear when Davis, completely unintimidated, shocked the Diesel by lifting and slamming the 7-foot-1, 350-pounder to the ground.

... from ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?pa...mp;lid=tab4pos1

not that I think Davis destroying KG would be good for the Celtics or Davis himself... but he certainly could.

• Premium Member

KG did the right thing, and I don't even like KG. When players play like crap they deserve to be called out for it. You don't play competitive sports if you can't take criticism. People act like getting yelled at in sports is such a bad thing, it makes people play harder. Jordan did it and he's one of the greatest winners in the history of sports.

Maybe I just take this side because I always played for coaches that would call us out on the spot and let us have it.

KG did the right thing, and I don't even like KG. When players play like crap they deserve to be called out for it. You don't play competitive sports if you can't take criticism. People act like getting yelled at in sports is such a bad thing, it makes people play harder. Jordan did it and he's one of the greatest winners in the history of sports.

Maybe I just take this side because I always played for coaches that would call us out on the spot and let us have it.

Just because Jordan did it doesn't mean it was right. He was straight out abusive, at least until his target stood up to him and told him to F off. Then he would shut up.

Cartwright told Jordan he would end Jordans career and Jordan was like...... *crickets*.

• Premium Member
Just because Jordan did it doesn't mean it was right. He was straight out abusive, at least until his target stood up to him and told him to F off. Then he would shut up.

Cartwright told Jordan he would end Jordans career and Jordan was like...... *crickets*.

Well, it depends on what KG said. If he was calling him names and cussing at him and actually insulting him, than he was wrong. But, if he was just yelling at him about his bad play than he did the right thing. We'll probably never know what he said, but I guess with KG you can assume the worst.