• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Are you guys turning on Smoove?

Wurider05

95 percent of you wanted to max him out last summer and now you all want his head. Now what is up with that. Smoove is being the same player he has been for the last 4 years. You thought that he was going to stop jacking bad shots and making stupid mistakes. This is it folks!!!!

I blasted Smith last night and for good reason.

He made some really stupid decisions. He fell in love with his broken jumper and turned the ball over in key instances because his head wasn't in the game. Everyone preaches his defense but that 3 point play where he fouled the Rocket player AFTER he'd already dunked the ball with a silly little slap on the forearm was another bone head play.

Smoove does alot of great things for the Hawks. Everyone here knows that. However when he screws up some on this board will criticise him.

My suggestion to you unconditional Smoove lovers is to learn how to deal with it.

In instances such as last night the criticism is fair and warranted.

they sold out opening night after we had the best pre-season record last year

And last year in a pivotal game in the regular season against the Celtics where we were fighting for the playoffs...60% of the crowd was Celtics fans. There is no getting around it, Atlanta sports fans are some of the worst in-house supporters. Remember when the Cubs played the Braves in the playoffs a few years back? Half Cubs fans.

That isn't to knock on anyone here as a fan, its just a simple observation. Atlanta doesn't consistently show up to games. It almost certainly has to be a rare event (i.e. Kobe comes to town, or AI, or its a playoff game...)

And last year in a pivotal game in the regular season against the Celtics where we were fighting for the playoffs...60% of the crowd was Celtics fans. There is no getting around it, Atlanta sports fans are some of the worst in-house supporters. Remember when the Cubs played the Braves in the playoffs a few years back? Half Cubs fans.

That isn't to knock on anyone here as a fan, its just a simple observation. Atlanta doesn't consistently show up to games. It almost certainly has to be a rare event (i.e. Kobe comes to town, or AI, or its a playoff game...)

yeah but Atl has been consistent losers for years so why would people want to come? The Falcons still haven't had back to back winning seasons. It took forever for the Hawks to even mean anything to the NBA too, i'm not mad at the fans at all for not showing up.

yeah but Atl has been consistent losers for years so why would people want to come?

How does that theory apply to the Braves then? Numerous playoff appearances, the 2nd most successful team in the 90s...and people really didn't show up except for the first couple of seasons and playoff games. Well most playoff games, I remember hearing that the Braves didn't even sell-out some playoff games. Also the Cubs series was absolutely pathetic. If the announcers didn't tell you it was Turner Field you could have sworn it was Wrigley.

How does that theory apply to the Braves then? Numerous playoff appearances, the 2nd most successful team in the 90s...and people really didn't show up except for the first couple of seasons and playoff games. Well most playoff games, I remember hearing that the Braves didn't even sell-out some playoff games. Also the Cubs series was absolutely pathetic. If the announcers didn't tell you it was Turner Field you could have sworn it was Wrigley.

they haven't been winning lately, I've grown to dislike baseball period myself,the sport is boring in my own opinion,but when I used to watch them they'd make it to the playoffs and get kicked out immediately,now they don't even make it at all. Then on top of that they don't keep any of their players,they let everybody go. They field a team of nobodies every year now.

Edited by Cwell

The Cubs have a rich tradition dating back to the 1870's. The braves were not relevant to atlanta until 1991. It's hard to sell out 81 games period. Who wants to sit up in the hot humid, bug infested area. It's more beneficial to watch in the concessions than trying to figure out what's going on at such a high distance. I would much rather watch a baseball game in my gaming room with the clarity of a hd 50 inch.

It's proven if management gets involved they can sell out, but its not to many owners like Blank. We have corporated owned franchises here.

I won't ever turn on him until we get a new coach and he still does the same things,which I think won't happen.

Thank you! Agreed... I don't think we'll ever see Smith's true potential under a coach like Woodson. The lack of a real offensive system allows Smith to make the mistakes that he does. There's no offense, so hey you go out there and improvise!

If Josh knew where his offense was going to come from everynight, he wouldn't have to get outside of his range. But this offense runs no plays for him, doesn't develop a post game, so what do you expect?!

To me it's the job of a coach to put his guys in the best position to be successful. Show him where he's going to be the most successful in this league. For Josh, that's on the low block trying to get easy shots at the basket. But there's no attempt in this offense to establish a low post presence. This is a kid straight out of High School, he's got a world of talent, but he still has alot to learn about the NBA game. Mike Woodson is not the one to teach it to him.

And last year in a pivotal game in the regular season against the Celtics where we were fighting for the playoffs...60% of the crowd was Celtics fans. There is no getting around it, Atlanta sports fans are some of the worst in-house supporters.

When was the last time the franchise offered a quality product? Most people are as stupid as Cub fans are.