• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE HAWKS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

A_voice_of_Reasoning

What difference do you see in this team from last season. Yeah, there are a few new faces, but this is the same stale-no producing offense that hawks put on the floor last season.

This was suppose to be the season that the Hawks stepped up there game and started the season where they lefted off last season.

But everyone went home over the offseason and found themselves a jump-shot. Everyone wants to shoot from 18ft and beyond. I think I even saw Mike Woodson spot up in the corner behind the 3-pt line.

Anyone who has played organized basketball, knows that basketball is not a complex game. It can be easily taught and understood. But the Hawks haven't grasp the fundamental concepts of this game called "Basketball". The object of the game is to get your team or teammates in the best position for a easy score or shot.

1. Take Care of the Ball (No Turn-overs) ( Give the damn ball up J-Smoove after you rebound).

2. Set Solid legal Screens ( ZaaZaa stay stationary)

3. Rebounding (Crash the Boards) ( All Big Men get in positon for a rebound, box-out, then get the ball)

4.Defense Stop the Man with the Ball when on Defense ( no one should ever take the ball the length of the floor

5. STOP TAKING JUMP SHOTS WITH NO ONE UNDERNEATH TO GET A DAMN REBOUND!!!!!!!!!!

6. Share the Ball... ( Joe, Josh give the ball up before 6 sec. left on the damn shot clock)

7. Play Smart, Play with Confidense

8. Know when you are not on your game ( When you are not scoring do other things like rebound, loose balls, set solid screens, be a positive force on the floor)

9. Situational Basket Ball

10. Always finish Strong!!!!!!!!!

But, this is all in vain, if you don't have a Strong Minded Coach on your bench...

Need I say more...

We are a much better road team than last year. Even if we aren't winning these games we are making them competitive.

The Hawks would have folded in all three of those games vs the Texas teams last year.

This year they believe they can win and have come close to coming all the way back in all three.

And you want to talk differences in the team, we are night and day different behind the arc. Last year one of the worst 3 point shooting teams, this year one of the best.

I think the only thing that is the same is pessimism from the fans. They can't handle adversity.

Here we are tied for 4th place in teh East and it's the end of the world LOL

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Wow, you want me to be satisfied with 4th place, when this team could do much better.

I think this is the problem with some fans and this team, always settling to be the second, third, or in this case fourth place.

When are we going to hold this team accountable for the way they perform each night on the hardwood. This is their job, their craft, if they don't have the heart or professionalism to give it their all everynight, why should we be there 6th man in the stands.

Aren't you tired of saying

We had a good season..

Wait til' next year..........

Many of us have this tune in our ipods .... and I for one, am tired of hearing it.....

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

We are a much better road team than last year. Even if we aren't winning these games we are making them competitive.

The Hawks would have folded in all three of those games vs the Texas teams last year.

This year they believe they can win and have come close to coming all the way back in all three.

And you want to talk differences in the team, we are night and day different behind the arc. Last year one of the worst 3 point shooting teams, this year one of the best.

I think the only thing that is the same is pessimism from the fans. They can't handle adversity.

Here we are tied for 4th place in teh East and it's the end of the world LOL

It's been adversity for a decade.

Wow, you want me to be satisfied with 4th place, when this team could do much better.

I think this is the problem with some fans and this team, always settling to be the second, third, or in this case fourth place.

When are we going to hold this team accountable for the way they perform each night on the hardwood. This is their job, their craft, if they don't have the heart or professionalism to give it their all everynight, why should we be there 6th man in the stands.

Aren't you tired of saying

We had a good season..

Wait til' next year..........

Many of us have this tune in our ipods .... and I for one, am tired of hearing it.....

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

A lot better than 4th place? really? Do you honestly think we could be better than the Celtics or Cavs? I agree it's frustrating to watch the Hawks sometimes because of a myriad of reasons (mostly coaching related for me) but you're being a little melodramatic don't you think? There was no way we were ever gonna be as good as those two teams this year. Maybe challenge the Magic for top spot in the southeast but Boston and Cle. are on a whole other level where we just don't have the talent or experience or consistency to match up with right now.

Now before you respond with the BUT WE TOOK BOSTON TO SEVEN GAMES crap i'm not talking about the playoffs. I'm talking about the regular season.

I think THIS is the problem with some of our fans...if we don't win every game it's a colossal failure. With the injuries and schedule I think we're right where we should be...and honestly where i think we'll be in the end.

And please when have the Hawks not given it their all this season? Just because they have an off night doesn't mean they aren't trying their best in the process.

A lot better than 4th place? really? Do you honestly think we could be better than the Celtics or Cavs? I agree it's frustrating to watch the Hawks sometimes because of a myriad of reasons (mostly coaching related for me) but you're being a little melodramatic don't you think? There was no way we were ever gonna be as good as those two teams this year. Maybe challenge the Magic for top spot in the southeast but Boston and Cle. are on a whole other level where we just don't have the talent or experience or consistency to match up with right now.

Now before you respond with the BUT WE TOOK BOSTON TO SEVEN GAMES crap i'm not talking about the playoffs. I'm talking about the regular season.

I think THIS is the problem with some of our fans...if we don't win every game it's a colossal failure. With the injuries and schedule I think we're right where we should be...and honestly where i think we'll be in the end.

And please when have the Hawks not given it their all this season? Just because they have an off night doesn't mean they aren't trying their best in the process.

Are you serious.... Can you honestly tell me that some of the games lost this season was due to an off night..... You need a thicker set of lenses or a prescription screen on your plasma or HD tv.

Countless times I've seen wasted possessions ....

No Defense, uncontested shots, no weakside help.

No one hold this team responsible...... Just accept being less than the best you say.....

To much is given... much is expected....

J-Smoove has been given a big contract...... And his performance is that of a ROOKIE in his first year..

Joe Johnson.... never shows up in big games against a Big opponent....

Everyone wants to be the man... No one wants to get gritty and grimmy in the post for rebounds or loose balls...

SO, YEAH>>> I EXPECT MORE FROM THIS TEAM.....

ALWAYS STRIVING TO BE SECOND BEST......... AND YOU ACCEPT THIS AND ARE CONTENT...

NOT ME.....

bet you weren't even a hawks fan when smoove was a rookie lol. He's transformed quite a bit. Most players as raw as he was 4 years ago wouldn't still be in the league today.

Lol... Are you serious... Josh Smith... lol.. josh smith..... Your comments have already given me an idea of how long you've been a Hawks fan...... you could at least said Dominique, or Steve Smith, I would have been impressed if you would have said Doc Rivers or Tree Rollins....

Josh Smith.....

Let's try..

Dan Roundfield, Eddie Johnson, John Drew.....

Get back at me when you look these names up...

Coming into this season, I expected the Hawks to prove their doubters wrong and not only grab an 8th seed(which almost everyone said that's the highest we can go), but grab a 5th-6th seed. Right now, we're battling for the 4th seed.

We have played horrible at times but as long as we win games, we shouldn't be complaining much. Yes, we shouldn't settle for second best or just a little bit above average but we have to give this team credit for giving us wins.

We improve each and every year and I couldn't ask for much more. We went from 13 games won to 26 games won. The next season after that we won 30 games with an injury plagued team. After that season, we win 37 games and make playoffs and battle the Celtics to 7 games. This season, we're one of the best perimeter shooting teams and is battling for a homecourt advantage playoff spot.

Hawks fans should not be complaining if we see the team improve and we have been seeing improvement from each player.