• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The 3pt shot hasn't been falling this month

Plainview1981

The hot nights were a trend too but i knew they wouldn't last forever. The Hawks have 3 guys (Bibby, JJ and Mo) who are proven 3 pt shooters. Marvin may or may not be. Only time will tell. But they are a long way ahead of last years team in 3 pt shooting.

Of course they are. They will have Bibby for a full year now and he is shooting better than he did the second half of last year after the trade. All I'm saying is that maybe they should cutback some until they start making some of them again. But of course the poor offense does have alot to do with it.

Of course they are. They will have Bibby for a full year now and he is shooting better than he did the second half of last year after the trade. All I'm saying is that maybe they should cutback some until they start making some of them again. But of course the poor offense does have alot to do with it.

The offensive execution blows and has been frequently bailed out by hot 3 pt shooting. I think we can agree on that.

His 15-point second quarter was the boost the Hawks (17-10) needed. Bibby finished with a game- and season-high 27 points (on 10-for-13 shooting), five assists and three rebounds, nearly outscoring the Pistons’ starting backcourt of Allen Iverson (10 points) and Rodney Stuckey (20 points) by himself.

“The first shot I took didn’t even feel good and it went in,” Bibby said. “That’s usually a good indication that the shots you take are going to go in. And the guys did a good job of finding me all night.”

With someone different holding the hot hand nearly every night, Bibby hasn’t had trouble picking and choosing his spots this season. Currently he is the NBA’s second-best 3-point shooter (.433).

“You just have to shoot the shots that are there for you,” Bibby said. “We’re winning, and as long we’re doing that it’s no big deal who scores.”

• Moderators
They shot 6-21 in 3's against Cleveland, 7-23 against Miami, 6-19 against SA and 5-26 vs. NY.

I know they've won the last 2 games. But shooting and missing so many 3's is bound to start catching up with them before long. You can't just keep shooting 5-25 in 3's every night and expect to win.

I agree with you 100% but the more I watch this team the more I think that we've decided to live and die by the 3. We saw guys go inside effectively yesterday but we're still counting on the 3 to bail us out when we're down. It seems like most of the plays we run are designed to open someone up at the 3 point line.

His 15-point second quarter was the boost the Hawks (17-10) needed. Bibby finished with a game- and season-high 27 points (on 10-for-13 shooting), five assists and three rebounds, nearly outscoring the Pistons’ starting backcourt of Allen Iverson (10 points) and Rodney Stuckey (20 points) by himself.

“The first shot I took didn’t even feel good and it went in,” Bibby said. “That’s usually a good indication that the shots you take are going to go in. And the guys did a good job of finding me all night.”

With someone different holding the hot hand nearly every night, Bibby hasn’t had trouble picking and choosing his spots this season. Currently he is the NBA’s second-best 3-point shooter (.433).

“You just have to shoot the shots that are there for you,” Bibby said. “We’re winning, and as long we’re doing that it’s no big deal who scores.”

Bibby has been hitting them. The rest of the team hasn't...

That includes:

JJ

Flip

Evans

Marvin

Smoove

Stop shooting so many until you can actually make some of them.

Bibby has been hitting them. The rest of the team hasn't...

That includes:

JJ

Flip

Evans

Marvin

Smoove

Stop shooting so many until you can actually make some of them.

Flip has never been a good 3 pt shooter. I would be happy if he finishes the season at 32%.

Smith just flat out shouldn't be shooting them.

As far as the other guys it could be just a case of tired legs. Having a few days off this week could help.

I agree with you 100% but the more I watch this team the more I think that we've decided to live and die by the 3. We saw guys go inside effectively yesterday but we're still counting on the 3 to bail us out when we're down. It seems like most of the plays we run are designed to open someone up at the 3 point line.

Most of the plays. LOL! Like we have an abundance.