• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who's HOT and who's NOT on this team

Elijah

First off, no homo to the title of the thread...

YES: Mike Bibby -- This guy has been money for us. I will go so far and say he has been the most valuable player on the team so far this season. Without Joe, Bibby would've picked up his scoring and we'd have won less, but without Bibby, we may have 4 or 5 wins right now. We need to resign this guy unless we can get an equally good point guard in a trade.

NO: Marvin has not shown me anything this year except for 2 games. Too many damn players on this team need shots I guess, but Marvin still is timid and is always scared to shoot unless wide open.

YES: ZaZa has quietly been great for us this year. He's the only player on the team who crashes the board on every play and gets offensive boards

YES: Joe--this guy is amazing. Run the 2 man game between him and Bibs and this team scores at ease

YES: Smoove had 1 horrid game and another bad one, but he's getting it together. He's been shooting less the last few games, and his post-up game is looking more and more fluid

NO: Flip--this guy pisses me off. He wastes every possession a la Lue, loses the ball 5 times a game (at least it seems), he's selfish, he has an attitude, and needs to play more team ball.

Of course I was lovin' Flip 2 weeks ago, but wow has he fallen off.

Edited by Elijah

• Premium Member

Marv will be just fine. Even at 13pts and 6rebs a game, he's stretching the floor with the three and is a better all around player than last season. I'd even go so far as to say that his game "fits" the team better this season than it did last season when he averaged 15ppg.

Marvin has hit 2 big shots this year. I don't think he's done anything else.

Then you don't watch the games. He has played very well this season with the exception of the last road trip. Hopefully he will find his game again now that we are back home. The 19 pt, 7 reb, 2 asst, 2 blk performance against CLE was a good start.

Marvin and Law are in the same boat to me this year. Although there are parts of their game that still needs work, there are parts to their game that they could totally be aggressive with that would really hurt the other team but they fail to be aggressive about it.

Marvin and Law are in the same boat to me this year. Although there are parts of their game that still needs work, there are parts to their game that they could totally be aggressive with that would really hurt the other team but they fail to be aggressive about it.

coaching,coaching, coaching

• Moderators
coaching,coaching, coaching

Coaching is an issue but Marvin's aggressiveness is also a "personal problem." He has gotten consistent minutes regardless of production. He can't excuse his failure to assert himself on getting yo-yo'd like Acie has been.

You lost me with Bibby. Yea he's a good open jump shooter but that's it. His defense is non existent.

I could understand people givin hate while Bibby's J was off, but right now? Forget about it. He's been tied with Josh for the second most important player on the team, and maybe even surpassing him. He's shooting 46% overall and 42% from 3 even though he takes almost 6 a game. That is awasome. 5 assists isn't a lot, no, but he is only turning it over 1.5 times a game this season. Bibby is quietly having a career season right now. A mistake free 16 and 5.