• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In other news, the Hawks play Golden State tonight.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

:conversation:

http://www.nba.com/games/20081219/GSWATL/preview.html

Coming off their worst shooting performance of the season, the Atlanta Hawks should have an easier time finding the bottom of the net on Friday against one of the league's worst defensive teams.

The Hawks will look to regain their edge at Philips Arena as they continue their eight-game homestand against a Golden State Warriors club that's dropped four in a row and 13 of 15...

Johnson has put plenty of pressure on the Warriors during the last three seasons. With Atlanta, Johnson is averaging 37.7 points, 6.7 rebounds and 6.3 assists in three home games against Golden State...

The Warriors, losers of nine of their last 10 on the road, are allowing an average of 117.1 points in their last 15 contests.

They do rank second in the league in scoring, averaging 106.5 points, but Atlanta has held 12 straight opponents to 100 or fewer. The Hawks have allowed 83.0 points per game during their current 3-1 stretch...

Atlanta has won four of its last five games against the Warriors.

We should win, hopefully by enough so that we can role out a lineup of Acie-West-Gardner-Othello-Solo for 4 minutes at the end of the game and see if they can push the pace against the crappy GSW transition D.

I guess the only concern against GSW is the streak-shooters Jax-Craw-Belli who are all innocuous most of the time but can blow up for a game or two.

We should win, hopefully by enough so that we can role out a lineup of Acie-West-Gardner-Othello-Solo for 4 minutes at the end of the game and see if they can push the pace against the crappy GSW transition D....

I can somewhat understand Woody's short bench against Boston - I imagine he wanted a win really bad. But if we don't see Acie get reasonable minutes tonight I'd say it's pretty much all-pine for him this year.

Why does Woody insist on letting Flip handle the pg duties when Acie is in the game? The Hawks stupidity on offense is definitely a reflection of the coach. Only Flip could have turnover problems against this defense.

he had his pocket pick twice in a row by Matt friggin Carroll when we played the Cats.

They finally decided to show up in the 4th quarter. I am definitely not impressed though. GS was missing Ellis, Jackson and Maggette.

Strange midgame change in Smith. He was a complete idiot through 3 quarters and then actually made some smart plays in the 4th.

Not sure why Bibby got benched.

I'd love to have Biedrins as a Hawk. I highly doubt that will occur, but that man definitely fits the way that we play.

And yeah...Flip definitely saved the day in the fourth quarter. He basically took over. The 2nd and 3rd quarters definitely weren't impressive, but the 1st and 4th were good enough to get a win (and hold those guys under 100 pts. That's impressive in itself.)

The mood and tempo's definitely about to change on Sunday...

• Moderators
Why does Woody insist on letting Flip handle the pg duties when Acie is in the game? The Hawks stupidity on offense is definitely a reflection of the coach. Only Flip could have turnover problems against this defense.

he had his pocket pick twice in a row by Matt friggin Carroll when we played the Cats.

So many questions about Woody's offensive philosophy. So few rationale answers.

I'd love to have Biedrins as a Hawk. I highly doubt that will occur, but that man definitely fits the way that we play.

I agree, but who do you give up for him? Josh Smith? You could move Al to the 4 and not lose much if any shot blocking presence in the middle. I think they just signed similar deals too, though I believe Biedrins' may has been a little bit richer.