• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin williams bandwagon

tonegully

• Premium Member
He will never be a MVP, but he is valuable to the Hawks as Smoove is.

This is hyperboyle right? I mean, you cannot be too serious. Marvin is not as important as Smoove. I criticize the lack of development of Smoove's offense... but if Marvin were out for 12 games, I think we'd have a winning record over that time. Marvin adds no impact whatsoever... and it is because of his lack of aggression.

Even Chillz said that "Marvin could always shot the three, he just didn't do it.". If you don't think Marvin's new found three point shot isn't related to his contract renewal... You're fooling yourself. Marvin is the same old Marvin. Nonimpacting player. Smoove has his flaws, but Smoove can positively impact a game.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hyperboyle right? I mean, you cannot be too serious. Marvin is not as important as Smoove. I criticize the lack of development of Smoove's offense... but if Marvin were out for 12 games, I think we'd have a winning record over that time. Marvin adds no impact whatsoever... and it is because of his lack of aggression.

Even Chillz said that "Marvin could always shot the three, he just didn't do it.". If you don't think Marvin's new found three point shot isn't related to his contract renewal... You're fooling yourself. Marvin is the same old Marvin. Nonimpacting player. Smoove has his flaws, but Smoove can positively impact a game.

Isnt everything players do in professional sports related to contract renewal. 80 percent of players have their best years during contract time.

IMO i think he is as valuable as Smoove. We had a winning record without Smoove in the line up. .500 is a winning record right?

Marv was the impact in the celtics game. I think Marv is overlooked by some people.

• Premium Member
Isnt everything players do in professional sports related to contract renewal. 80 percent of players have their best years during contract time.

IMO i think he is as valuable as Smoove. We had a winning record without Smoove in the line up. .500 is a winning record right?

Marv was the impact in the celtics game. I think Marv is overlooked by some people.

I can't believe that you are actually trying to have a discussion with the president & Ceo of the Marvin hate club as if you would change his mind about Marvin. When you see Diesel responding in a Marvin thread, my advice is to just keep moving.

Seriously Marvin should have 15 FGA a game.

He's too efficient to not take at least that many shots.

Honestly I think so many of these run these other teams go on could be stopped if we just gave the ball to Marvin.

Some of these plays like Horford off a Screen, Josh Smith shooting 3s, etc I'd much rather substitute for Marvin either shooting or taking it to the rack.

I know you hate the guy, but Marvin has been better than Smith so far this season.

Seriously Marvin should have 15 FGA a game.

He's too efficient to not take at least that many shots.

Honestly I think so many of these run these other teams go on could be stopped if we just gave the ball to Marvin.

Some of these plays like Horford off a Screen, Josh Smith shooting 3s, etc I'd much rather substitute for Marvin either shooting or taking it to the rack.

Honestly BBIB - I'm beginning to think you may be right (along with some others)....It does seem tha Marvin has to be open to go to the hoop - or just beat one guy off the dribble - but those things can be set up. Lordy I don't want Woody killed but maybe just somebody wound him enough so we can get a real coach for the rest of the season.

I know you hate the guy, but Marvin has been better than Smith so far this season.

EASY NOW

I've refrained viewing this thread up til now (and I've still only seen page 4) but Marvin isn't doing himself any favors this year in his quest for a big contract.

I've given Diesel a (very) hard time over the past few years about his stance on Marvin but Marvin's rookie contract is about to be up. It's time for us to stop making "rookie" arguments for the guy. He should be taking over games in the 4th right now (at times) but he doesn't, or he can't. You make the call.

Right now Marvin is a role player and that's that. You can give up my seat on your bandwagon. Marvin has the talent to put up 20 a night, does he have the balls to do it?

If Marvin is taking over the 4th quarter that means Joe Johnson is in a wheelchair and Mike Bibby has a hang nail. There's only one ball.

And I don't see how anyone can deny the fact that Marvin has been better than Smith so far.

Edited by High5

I can't believe that you are actually trying to have a discussion with the president & Ceo of the Marvin hate club as if you would change his mind about Marvin. When you see Diesel responding in a Marvin thread, my advice is to just keep moving.

Well im the president of the Marvin fan club and he is looking great once again tonight. Number 2 draft pick baby

• 1 month later...
If Marvin is taking over the 4th quarter that means Joe Johnson is in a wheelchair and Mike Bibby has a hang nail. There's only one ball.

And I don't see how anyone can deny the fact that Marvin has been better than Smith so far.

Is Joe in a wheelchair??...lmao

That's true Peoria. It's almost like our offense is DESIGNED to run 12 seconds off the shot clock before they begin their sets.

I've spent the past two years thinking that Joe wouldn't have to take so many hard shots if we got the ball out of his hands more often and had less standing around on the offensive end. Push the ball inside, drive, and let JJ move without the ball and catch the ball for a shot in rhythm.

Just because we have one single player who can create shot opportunities for himself doesn't mean that we should force him to break his defender down on the dribble on every single possession.

Some will say that perhaps our poor offensive execution is equally the fault of the players and the coach. I really can't agree since we've had a lot of different players come through since 2006, and pretty much all of them stand around watching JJ when we're running our half court offense. Either we have horrible luck finding players who can run offensive sets, or our offense is designed to have 3 guys standing around while one guy sets a screen for the ball-handler.

You'll never catch me on a Marvin bandwagon. He should have been an aggressive driver, as he's showing now, about 1.5 years ago. A little late, although he is still a baby. I know Woody calls the plays, but an aggressive, vocal player would simply not allow Joe to hold and deliberate when said player can force great block position and catches, get to the rim and draw fouls regularly. There seems to be a little too much friendliness and political-correctness when I hear/ see these guys speak in the media and interact during the game, other than the ongoing rift between the coach and Josh that produces mixed results. I expect Marvin to start to take a secondary leadership role behind Bibby and Flip with a little Al sprinkled in, because that simply is not Joe's forte. The rest of the team must make up for Joe's passiveness, and I think it's Marvin's time to assume his duty as far as ascending team spirit.

Edited by benhillboy

I want to be a member of the Marvin Hate club he sucks! Acie sucks too!

Hawk88