• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs Pistons

exodus

For the love of God, get Flip out of the game.

He can't even dribble the damn ball right now. He looks like Josh Smith-circa 2004.

The Flip isolation plays at the end of quarters need to stop. Seriously.

Overall that was a good half though. there were a few stupid turnovers but not as many as normal. the ball movement was better which gave Bibby some open looks. When he gets hot he can get scary hot.

The Hawks moved the ball well to get the big lead. Then, in typical woody fashion, they went into their prevent offense to let the pistons right back in the game. the ball movement stopped. They didn't push the ball on the break at all.

The only time they ran the break was the time when marvin pushed the ball up. Typical Marvin he passed the ball to Smith leading him right into a charge. There was nobody in front of Marvin and there was no reason to pass.

The isolation plays just killed the Hawks today but fortunately they escaped with the win because of Bibby's hot shooting and good defense. But they have way too many possessions with only one or even no passes at all.

I don't understand the Acie logic either.

However this season has went better than any of us could have hoped for though.

he barely played last year,yet he plays even less this year while being alot better than he was as a rookie. I knew hoew woody is that the day we signed flip he was gonna be the guy he used instead of Acie. It's like Woody doesn't want him to play well and be in the rotation. He used Childress at the point last year instead of Acie after we traded Aj and Lue even though it never worked. He even started giving Salim Acie's minutes at the end of the year even though that didn't work. and now he keeps using Flip as the PG instead of Acie even though that doesn't work. but when Acie has a good game he never gets rewarded with more minutes. It's a lose lose for Acie under woody. No matter what he does he gets pulled. Him only playing 30 minutes once in his entire career is a JOKE. Him only playing 20 minutes once this year is even more of a JOKE. Flip playing over 20 minutes a game is RETARDED.

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member
he barely played last year,yet he plays even less this year while being alot better than he was as a rookie. I knew hoew woody is that the day we signed flip he was gonna be the guy he used instead of Acie. It's like Woody doesn't want him to play well and be in the rotation. He used Childress at the point last year instead of Acie after we traded Aj and Lue even though it never worked. He even started giving Salim Acie's minutes at the end of the year even though that didn't work. and now he keeps using Flip as the PG instead of Acie even though that doesn't work. but when Acie has a good game he never gets rewarded with more minutes. It's a lose lose for Acie under woody. No matter what he does he gets pulled. Him only playing 30 minutes once in his entire career is a JOKE. Him only playing 20 minutes once this year is even more of a JOKE. Flip playing over 20 minutes a game is RETARDED.

I'm starting not to like this team after the Piston game. That 4th quarter was some of the dumbest basketball that I've ever seen. Is Joe Johnson that damn stupid?

I'm starting not to like this team after the Piston game. That 4th quarter was some of the dumbest basketball that I've ever seen. Is Joe Johnson that damn stupid?

Joe tends to "dominate" (that's a nice way of putting it) the ball towards the end of games which he was certainly guilty of doing today but at that same time until Marvin steps his game up or Smoove can create his own shots Joe is going to dominate the ball.

I still remember a quote from a Sacramento fan when we traded for Bibby = paraphrased

"You'll love Bibby for these crazy games he puts up and the other 80% of the time you'll be left wondering "where's that Bibby?"

• Premium Member
Joe tends to "dominate" (that's a nice way of putting it) the ball towards the end of games which he was certainly guilty of doing today but at that same time until Marvin steps his game up or Smoove can create his own shots Joe is going to dominate the ball.

I still remember a quote from a Sacramento fan when we traded for Bibby = paraphrased

"You'll love Bibby for these crazy games he puts up and the other 80% of the time you'll be left wondering "where's that Bibby?"

You just don't know how much respect i lost for joe today. That performance was worse than anything I've ever seen out of Allen Iverson. To come down and dribble for 18 seconds and chuck up jump shot after jump shot with some time 2 men on him was utterly unforgivable. Who in the f*** cares who Joe trust? This team will not win playing like this. I almost wish that Marvin and Smoove and Acie for that matter were on a different team just to show you Joe nut huggers what they could do if they had a real coach with a real offensive system

• Moderators

Why lose respect for Joe on this one? He was clearly directed to run down the clock and try to create a shot as the clock expired. The Pistons D repeatedly shut him down but the coach kept with the iso Joe strategy.

How can you kill Joe for sticking with Woodson's strategy but praise Marvin for doing the same thing?

You just don't know how much respect i lost for joe today. That performance was worse than anything I've ever seen out of Allen Iverson. To come down and dribble for 18 seconds and chuck up jump shot after jump shot with some time 2 men on him was utterly unforgivable. Who in the f*** cares who Joe trust? This team will not win playing like this. I almost wish that Marvin and Smoove and Acie for that matter were on a different team just to show you Joe nut huggers what they could do if they had a real coach with a real offensive system

uh Joe was doing what dumb Woody wanted him to do.

no he isn't but Woody is. And all Joe can do is what that idiot tells him to do.

Why lose respect for Joe on this one? He was clearly directed to run down the clock and try to create a shot as the clock expired. The Pistons D repeatedly shut him down but the coach kept with the iso Joe strategy.

How can you kill Joe for sticking with Woodson's strategy but praise Marvin for doing the same thing?

At least they moved the ball around well for a half, which is a half more than usual. By now we should know that Woody doesn't have enough sense to stick with what is working.

• Premium Member

If this was woodson's call then I'll take it back but that remains to be seen. but even Woodson can't be that damn stupid to have joe take all of the shots down the stretch with Bibby shooting the way he was shooting. If the coaching staff was responsible for this, then they are the dumbest staff in the league

If this was woodson's call then I'll take it back but that remains to be seen. but even Woodson can't be that damn stupid to have joe take all of the shots down the stretch with Bibby shooting the way he was shooting. If the coaching staff was responsible for this, then they are the dumbest staff in the league

You are selling Woody short. How long have you watched the Hawks again?