• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody SUCKS...............PEROID !

biscuit

• Premium Member

Honestly Woody doesn't suck as much as he did when he didn't have enough good personnel. I think the best thing that happened for Woody is Bibby. Even when Bibby isn't productive, he's enough of a threat to make other teams not focus solely on stopping JJ and when they do, he's enough of a player to make them pay.

He does need to let the bench play more

The only reason the team is better is becasue the team , NOT woody. And its not that hard to improve from 16 wins. If we had a coach we would only have like 4 loses. Wheres the guy that was here for the first 6 games? He stopped... He have a better team if he played acie and solo.Solo is alot better than zaza.. But he back to where he was last year just playing 7 guys. We have so much talent on this team, more than most, we should win. I dont give woody no credit, but hes not going anywhere that for sure, i ill deal with it....

Edited by biscuit

Like I said a few weeks back . . .

The minute we become a good team, people will still complain about Woody, because we're not a GREAT team. Woody will never get the credit he deserves on this board, unless we get to the Eastern Conference Finals. And we bet not lose in less than 5 games when we get there. If we do, people will blame him for it.

It'll always be something with Woody that keeps people from giving him his props . . just like it is with Marvin.

Like I said a few weeks back . . .

The minute we become a good team, people will still complain about Woody, because we're not a GREAT team. Woody will never get the credit he deserves on this board, unless we get to the Eastern Conference Finals. And we bet not lose in less than 5 games when we get there. If we do, people will blame him for it.

It'll always be something with Woody that keeps people from giving him his props . . just like it is with Marvin.

I agree, but i still think law,jones & west should get more playing time

Edited by Georgiaboi87

I agree, but i still think law,jones & west should get more playing time

I thought Bibby would struggle, allowing Acie to play more. But Bibby is arguably playing some of his best basketball since those days in which the Kings were challenging for the Western Conference Title. He's well deserving of the 34 min/game he's playing this season.

One of the major things that I don't think people realize on this board, is that it's not like Smith, Horford, and Williams are exactly fully developed as players yet. So if they're not in foul trouble, I have no problem playing them 35+ minutes a night too.

Solo did his job. When Smith went down, he came in and played pretty decent. But when Smith is healthy, there's just not enough room for Solo at the PF or C spot . . . unless you're an advocate of Zaza seeing less minutes. Zaza is our only big body banger. So on those nights when we play bigger frontlines, he'll get to play extended minutes.

West doesn't deserve any PT.

The only question is if this team would be better off with Acie getting all of Flip's minutes or not. For the minutes Flip plays, he's a turnover machine. But he's also proven to be the one other guy on this team that can not only create his own shot, but drive to the hole as well. Offensively, Flip is just more versatile than Acie is right now. And he's just as good defensively as Acie. Acie is a far better playmaker.

The only way Acie is really going to get a chance to prove himself, is if Bibby starts to fall off the map . . or get hurt. If an when that happens, it's up to Acie to take full advantage of the situation.

The logic around here is we lose because of Woody and we win in spite of Woody. I just don't get it. The man has proved that he can put together one of the best defensive schemes in the NBA. Does he need some help on his offensive strategy? Yes, but what coaches outside of Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, and Pop don't need help.

The logic around here is we lose because of Woody and we win in spite of Woody. I just don't get it. The man has proved that he can put together one of the best defensive schemes in the NBA. Does he need some help on his offensive strategy? Yes, but what coaches outside of Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, and Pop don't need help.

Agreed 100%

The only reason the team is better is becasue the team , NOT woody. And its not that hard to improve from 16 wins. If we had a coach we would only have like 4 loses. Wheres the guy that was here for the first 6 games? He stopped... He have a better team if he played acie and solo.Solo is alot better than zaza.. But he back to where he was last year just playing 7 guys. We have so much talent on this team, more than most, we should win. I dont give woody no credit, but hes not going anywhere that for sure, i ill deal with it....

I didn't know Emmitt Smith was a Hawks fan.

I've come around on Woody...I no longer dislike the man...and I guess I've gotten patient because I realized that the man really couldn't do much with the personnel that he had. Getting a GOOD PG in here was the best thing that could've happened to him...plus, his record has steadily improved year by year, and this year is the same. So yeah, I might not like his style of coaching (heavy on defense, very light on offense), but it's probably what they need.

Plus, any Hawks fan who is disappointed with being 18-10 in late December has to be, for lack of a better term, kidding.

Edited by LOL_Hawks

• Premium Member
Damn I thought we lost today or somethin?

The Woody hate comes from the same place that is hard to understand. With Woody right now, we are a feared team. Sure there are things that we could do better... Like get a better offense and even some better in game time management... However, that doesn't mean that WOody sucks. Woody sucked before we had Bibby. But with Bibby Woody is not so bad. Again, it really comes down to personnel. For those of you crying for PT for West, Solo, and Acie.. ask yourself.. how much PT would they get on other contending teams? Would these guys get more PT in SAS or HOU? How about PTL?

• Premium Member
The offense sucks and so does Woody. Saying he is a good coach is like saying Wade Phillips is a good head coach.

Unfortunately for your position:

We are 20th in team scoring.

15th in team FG%.

10th in 3 Pt%.

11th in team assists.

9th in team turnovers.

Statistically, this is not an offense that sucks.

When you consider Woody as a coach, you have to consider both offense and defense. On defense:

We are 7th in team defense ppg.

We are 8th in team defensive FG%.

We are 16th in rebounds.

We are 12th in Blocks and 22nd in steals.

Unfortunately for your position:

We are 20th in team scoring.

15th in team FG%.

10th in 3 Pt%.

11th in team assists.

9th in team turnovers.

Statistically, this is not an offense that sucks.

When you consider Woody as a coach, you have to consider both offense and defense. On defense:

We are 7th in team defense ppg.

We are 8th in team defensive FG%.

We are 16th in rebounds.

We are 12th in Blocks and 22nd in steals.

Watching the team play speaks for it's self. The team can only score 100 points if the other team has downright bad defense. Not even then sometimes. How do you not score 100 points against NY at home? The 3pt shooting has been tailing off for about a month. It was like number 1 or number 2 not so long ago. When Bibby and JJ's streaky 3pt shooting fails, the Hawks can't score.

• Premium Member
Watching the team play speaks for it's self. The team can only score 100 points if the other team has downright bad defense. Not even then sometimes. How do you not score 100 points against NY at home? The 3pt shooting has been tailing off for about a month. It was like number 1 or number 2 not so long ago. When Bibby and JJ's streaky 3pt shooting fails, the Hawks can't score.

I agree 100% if you're saying that we don't have a high powered offense. But at the same time, our offense doesn't "SUCK". I mean, if you consider offense scoring over 100 points as the bench mark then you must love the Knicks and the Warriors. I tend to believe that the defensive teams actually set a slower pace than those who don't play defense. The Lakers may prove me wrong, but so far, it's pretty accurate.