• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What would a pure PG do for our offense?

Diesel

A pure PG would take most of the ball handling duties away from JJ in the halfcourt, and maybe make us a better fastbreak team . . IF . . you know who would give the ball up to him, and just fill the lane, so that the pure PG could pass it to him for the dunk. I think JJ would be able to conserve more energy, with a pure PG here.

A pure PG could also possibly make the 2nd unit a little better, if he were to play with them. The most important thing though, is for that pure PG to be able to get to the rim and score.

I think that's the one thing that keeps Acie off the floor. If he could finish everytime he got to the rim, without getting his shot block, or commiting an offensive foul, there's no way he'd be buried on the bench. According to 82games.com, Acie sees his shot blocked when going inside 26% of the time. That's a lot, considering that he doesn't see a lot of PT to begin with.

The more I watch this team, the more I think Woody wants JJ to play just like LeBron James, especially in the half court. He trusts JJ's decision making unconditionally. And he knows that JJ, the vast majority of the time, will make the correct play.

So he wants JJ involved in the halfcourt offense as much as possible, either as a scorer or as a distributor. Bibby makes JJ playing like LeBron much easier, because he's knocking down shots left and right.

So it's either cover JJ one-on-one, and see if he can beat you . . . or double and triple JJ, and let everybody else have wide open shots.

A pure PG would take most of the ball handling duties away from JJ in the halfcourt, and maybe make us a better fastbreak team . . IF . . you know who would give the ball up to him, and just fill the lane, so that the pure PG could pass it to him for the dunk. I think JJ would be able to conserve more energy, with a pure PG here.

A pure PG could also possibly make the 2nd unit a little better, if he were to play with them. The most important thing though, is for that pure PG to be able to get to the rim and score.

I think that's the one thing that keeps Acie off the floor. If he could finish everytime he got to the rim, without getting his shot block, or commiting an offensive foul, there's no way he'd be buried on the bench. According to 82games.com, Acie sees his shot blocked when going inside 26% of the time. That's a lot, considering that he doesn't see a lot of PT to begin with.

The more I watch this team, the more I think Woody wants JJ to play just like LeBron James, especially in the half court. He trusts JJ's decision making unconditionally. And he knows that JJ, the vast majority of the time, will make the correct play.

So he wants JJ involved in the halfcourt offense as much as possible, either as a scorer or as a distributor. Bibby makes JJ playing like LeBron much easier, because he's knocking down shots left and right.

So it's either cover JJ one-on-one, and see if he can beat you . . . or double and triple JJ, and let everybody else have wide open shots.

You know Bibby has to love playing next to JJ. Even though Bibby is shooting lights out from three he continues to get open looks because teams are so worried about JJ. Lately Bibby seems to be laughing on the court at times, either because of how hot he has been or because teams continue to leave him open.

• Premium Member

One of the possibillities we could have this summer is old man Anthony Carter. He's from Atlanta and he could probably be had for less than 1 Million. I think we sign Bibby, sign Carter and maybe talk about trading Speedy and Acie and we have our PG situation.

I also had interest in Kyle Lowry but he resigned with Memphis at some point?? He would be perfect.

There's also Marcus Williams, but I don't know where he ended up?

One of the possibillities we could have this summer is old man Anthony Carter. He's from Atlanta and he could probably be had for less than 1 Million. I think we sign Bibby, sign Carter and maybe talk about trading Speedy and Acie and we have our PG situation.

I also had interest in Kyle Lowry but he resigned with Memphis at some point?? He would be perfect.

There's also Marcus Williams, but I don't know where he ended up?

Diesel . . are you just bringing this up just for the sake of argument?

Lowry is nice . . nice enough to finally have Conley sit on the bench. He's an aggressive playing PG.

But guys like Carter and Marcus Williams are no better than Anthony Johnson, as far as impact. I think if Woody made a 20 minute a game commitment to Acie, he could easily do what Carter does . . possibly more. Marcus Williams? Thank GOD we didn't get that kid. He can't even get off the bench in Golden St.

Acie IS a pure PG, in my opinion. He just needs to finish better and play with some damn confidence.

Maybe what people should wish for, is for Flip to get hurt . . to force Woody to play Acie extended minutes. But if that happened, it's still up to Acie to take advantage of the extra PT.

As long as people like Bibby, Marvin, Mo, and Flip keep knocking down open jumpers, Woody will continue to play JJ like he's LeBron.