• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are you smarter than Mike Woodson

A_voice_of_Reasoning

Would you make changes to the starting lineup?

Would you change the offensive sets (plays)?

Bench Minutes? More or less for certain players

Play more man or zone?

Would you Run and Gun?

Would you be willing to get in the face of Star players, when your directives on the are not followed?

We all have expressed opinions on how different we would do somethings with the team.

Well Coach, here's your chance....

Let's start with your pre-game speech to the Team in the Locker Room..

My pregame speech would just letting my team know that i think they are the best in the NBA. I would have some music pumping in the locker room. Trying to get that swagger going. Get the team thinking that they are SUPPOSED to win not just play hard and make it a game. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN. Winners think like winners.

My starting lineup would remain the same.

Comming off the bench. It would determine who we are playing. Example, the Pacers.

Bibby would start but if he is getting killed and the 3 ball isnt falling for him. Im bringing in Law. Just for defensive purposes on quick point guards and his ball handling. Not really for his scoring.

Flip will always come in for JJ. I really hate seeing him and JJ on the floor at the same time. FLip is a shooter and not a ball handler.

Solo would get more burn also. Maybe 5-10mins a game to keep Horf and Zaza rested and foul safe. Also to send a message to someone like Harris when he comes in the paint. Harris wants to go to the line, make him earn his trip 89-90 Piston style.

I would use the pick and roll more. PG and Smoove. It seems to me JJ is not going to get any calls in the paint. So i would use Smoove to attack the basket.

Marvin would be my guy on the second team when JJ is out.

I would also tell Zaza, if they gonna give you all that space at the top of the key, square up and shoot it.

I would play man to man 90 percent of the time

Nope no run and gun. We must have controlled possessions and use every possession like its the last.

My pregame speech would just letting my team know that i think they are the best in the NBA. I would have some music pumping in the locker room. Trying to get that swagger going. Get the team thinking that they are SUPPOSED to win not just play hard and make it a game. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN. Winners think like winners.

My starting lineup would remain the same.

Comming off the bench. It would determine who we are playing. Example, the Pacers.

Bibby would start but if he is getting killed and the 3 ball isnt falling for him. Im bringing in Law. Just for defensive purposes on quick point guards and his ball handling. Not really for his scoring.

Flip will always come in for JJ. I really hate seeing him and JJ on the floor at the same time. FLip is a shooter and not a ball handler.

Solo would get more burn also. Maybe 5-10mins a game to keep Horf and Zaza rested and foul safe. Also to send a message to someone like Harris when he comes in the paint. Harris wants to go to the line, make him earn his trip 89-90 Piston style.

I would use the pick and roll more. PG and Smoove. It seems to me JJ is not going to get any calls in the paint. So i would use Smoove to attack the basket.

Marvin would be my guy on the second team when JJ is out.

I would also tell Zaza, if they gonna give you all that space at the top of the key, square up and shoot it.

I would play man to man 90 percent of the time

Nope no run and gun. We must have controlled possessions and use every possession like its the last.

:write a letter:

Where's a contract when you need one. That is pretty much what I would do but you summed it up in more concise words....plus, I would get in the face of my star....Donovan McNabb/Andy Reid comes to mind. It may not work for every sports relationship but it was an eye opener and besides, there aren't too many Michael Jordan's in the league anymore (player coach/run the team).

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

Wow! What a wonderful opportunity to show my ignorance!

The usual starting five will start tonight except for Bibby. Acie will start the game

at PG. I want him out there with the other starters. Acie, you will only get limited

minutes, so don't be upset when Bibby comes in to relieve you.

You guys that are accustomed to seeing your name in the box score with the notation,

dnp-coaches decision, you can forget that for one night. You may get only the final

few seconds before a time out or a quarter, but you will be on the floor.

We will be playing tonight at a fast pace. Don't hold back. Move it! Move it! Move it!

If you get winded, raise your hand. Someone will give you a break for a minute to

sit and catch your breath. Rest fast, because you will be going right back in. No

standing around on offense. Make the defense chase you all over the floor. Fast

paced doesn't necessarily mean all fast breaks. It means, don't go to sleep when

we have the ball.

You big guys, guard the paint. No easy lay ups and no -And one - scoring. That means,

no easy fouls - oops, I touched his arm as he shot. Now, I have a foul and he has

a chance for 3. That's your lane. Guard it like you mean it.

Since I know nothing about offensive and defensive sets or plays, Woody will be my

assistant coach tonight in charge of the defense. Mark Price will be your offensive

coach and will be calling the plays he wants you to run. He's a retired NBA PG and

he knows what is what. Whoever is the point guard is tonight's QB on the floor.

Got that. :conversation: Good. Now, let's go run their pants off. You can do it!

You are the best team in the NBA. Tonight, we want to leave our opponent shaking

his head and wondering "What happened?"

:snowballfight:

Gray Mule and tonegully I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletters.

Meaningful mins for Acie and Solo...less mins for joe and flip....a lot less iso's/more movement on offense..

oh yea and if someone gets 2 early fouls i'm not gonna bench him FOR THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF JESUS CHRIST WOODY WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU

Would you make changes to the starting lineup?

Would you change the offensive sets (plays)?

Bench Minutes? More or less for certain players

Play more man or zone?

Would you Run and Gun?

Would you be willing to get in the face of Star players, when your directives on the are not followed?

We all have expressed opinions on how different we would do somethings with the team.

Well Coach, here's your chance....

Let's start with your pre-game speech to the Team in the Locker Room..

I for one, am completely unqualified to be an NBA head coach. I do believe that you don't have to be an expert in a field to recognize a poor job, especially about things which require little actual basketball expertise (like two foul benching). So with that, I'll attempt to tackle this topic a little bit, even though I just know I'm being baited into it.

Obviously, making any serious changes to the team requires more than one day-I can't just start calling offensive sets and expect my team to run them with any efficiency. I can't start over with our defensive philosophy without some blowback. It definitely takes time and practice to put things like this together, and it obviously takes more than having the title of "Coach" to get players to respect you and buy into what you're doing.

Given time to set the Atlanta Hawks up, I would keep iso Joe as our primary offensive set. By primary, I mean that I would run that set offense several times a game, but not 5-6 times in a row, and certainly not all game seemingly without end. That said, there are times you just have to give the ball to your best player and see what he can do. The rest of the time, you still need to find efficient ways to run an offense.

Most of the time, I would follow the iso Joe play with something along the baseline-and someone other than Joe initiating. Swing Marvin out to one corner, have Smith set a screen along the baseline, Marvin cuts across the baseline to the other corner, and the ball is swung across for the open trey. If they switch on the baseline screen and defend it, instead of swinging out to Marvin, you have Horford flashing to the high post. Obviously, you can't wait until the shot clock hits 12 to initiate this set.

My next offensive set is very simple. It's called the pick and roll. Josh Smith sets a high screen for JJ. You now have three offensive options. Joe can pull up off the pick for the open J. If they switch to contest the J, Joe drives inside for the layup. If they switch early, Josh rolls down against a smaller defender and takes him up.

After that, I'd run some kind of play getting Horf or Josh flasing to the high post. Both players, being undersized but quick and athletic, are ideally suited to playing out of the high post rather than the low post. Again, options 1) Josh Smith sets an off-ball screen for Marvin or Joe cutting toward the basket. A good screen and a bounce pass results in a lay-up. 2) Pass the ball in to the high post, draw an extra defender, who hopefully is helping off your front court made, and pass to the open man. 3) Pass the ball into the high post, have your man get into the triple threat position, and then go up for the jumper or drive for a lay-up attempt.

I forgot to add that unless we are on the break with numbers, We need to start using the shot clock. Its been plenty of times that we come down and take a horrible, horrible shot. I look at the shot clock and its 19 seconds left. Im looking for the best shot which means the ball as to move and we need to make the extra pass. If JJ really trust his team mates to take shots, lets make the extra pass and find the best shot instead of the best person taking a bad shot.

We also do alot of standing around when JJ has the ball. Watch the games..everyone is standing still. I would fix that. How about we start running picks with players without the ball to slash thorough the lane. Marvin and Smoove comes to mind. It keeps the double team from comming on JJ early and forces the D to play fair.