• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

19 of the next 29 on the road

capstone21

This will be the time period when we determine our playoff fate. We need to continue playing +.600 ball for these next 30 games and I'd prefer if we win 20 of the 30 to maintain our current pace. It's definitely going to be a test though.

This will definitely be a test. They have had it relatively easy lately with their 8 game home stand, frequently playing teams with 1 or more starters out. They have gotten into some bad habits that need to be cleaned up if they are going to win on the road.

This will definitely be a test. They have had it relatively easy lately with their 8 game home stand, frequently playing teams with 1 or more starters out. They have gotten into some bad habits that need to be cleaned up if they are going to win on the road.

That is true. Rebounding has to be the primary focus of Horford, Smith, and to some extent Marvin (assuming he heals up from the shoulder injury).

Depth, as in playing some guys off the bench, will also be huge. There is no way you can expect the starters to put in 40 minutes a night during a long road stretch like this. Hell, even JJ said this over the weekend.

• Premium Member

Just popped in my inbox :laugh:

Philips Arena – February 14th - 22nd, 2009

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®

proudly presents Over The Top,

an all-new live entertainment extravaganza

featuring the ultimate tug of war

between Ringmaster Chuck Wagner and

clown eccentric Tom Dougherty over a magical top hat

that controls the circus. When the Ringmaster dons the hat

he conjures stupendous spectacles for his circus like the

stunt riding Royal Cossack Cavalry while the clown uses

the hat to summon silly and whimsical acts for his

circus such as a cavalry of goats riding on ponies

in a Barnyard Bonanza. The show culminates in an

amazing display of gigantic glowing rainforest flowers

surrounding Chinese acrobats swinging on vines

and propelling through the air.

Over the Top is two circuses in one

providing excitement for the whole family.

Click here to print order form http://www.groupticketsplus.com/atlanta/138-panasonic.pdf

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Admin
That is true. Rebounding has to be the primary focus of Horford, Smith, and to some extent Marvin (assuming he heals up from the shoulder injury).

Depth, as in playing some guys off the bench, will also be huge. There is no way you can expect the starters to put in 40 minutes a night during a long road stretch like this. Hell, even JJ said this over the weekend.

Rebounding is a definite priority. Smith and Horford need to really start mixing it up inside from here on out. They both should be getting at least 9 boards a game.

• Admin
This will be the time period when we determine our playoff fate. We need to continue playing +.600 ball for these next 30 games and I'd prefer if we win 20 of the 30 to maintain our current pace. It's definitely going to be a test though.

Winning 20 might be a lot with so many road games. I will be happy with a .500 record over that span (as close to .500 u can get with 29 games).

ROAD GAMES . . . teams over .500 in bold red

Magic

Suns

Clippers

Warriors

Bulls

Heat

Knicks

Bucks

T-Wolves

Bobcats

Pistons

Lakers

Kings

Blazers

Jazz

Nuggets

Wizards

Knicks

Bobcats

When you actually break it down, the next 19 road games isn't as ominous as it looks. I think we'll struggle a little against the teams with winning records. Thankfully, we only have 8 of the 19 road games against them. I want to be generous, and saw we'll go 4 - 4 against those 8 teams, but I have to be more realistic . . . . 2 - 6.

Aganst those teams under .500, however, we should be able to handle most of those teams. In those 11 games, I fully expect the Hawks to underachiev in a few of them, but handle most of the teams they should beat. I'll say an 8 - 3 record vs these teams.

(( Note: One of the trends since Bibby has arrived to the Hawks, is that we don't make a habit of losing to real bad teams anymore. We'll lose to a mediocre team with a superstar player, or a group of talented players. But we don't regularly lose to bad teams anymore ))

Projected record for the upcoming road games . . . 10 - 9

HOME GAMES . . . teams over .500 in bold red

Magic

Sixers

Raptors

Bucks

Suns

Nets

Clippers

Wizards

Heat

Cavaliers

This team has been flat out rolling at home, and frankly, I only see us losing one . . maybe 2 of these games at the most.

Projected home record . . . 9 - 1

PROJECTED TOTAL RECORD for the next 29 games . . . 19 - 10

PROJECTED OVERALL RECORD . . . 41 - 21

The only part of the schedule that troubles me, is the west coast road trip right after the All-Star break. If we struggle there, we have Miami and Cleveland staring us in the face when we get at home. That could . . could be a bad stretch of games, where we're on a 5 or 6 game losing streak ( worst case scenario ). If that's the case, we should have a 14 - 15 record . . or somewhere around there . . for the next 29 games.

Even with that, you're still looking at the Hawks having a 36 - 26 record . . which should still be enough for #5 in the East, but might be a few games behind Detroit for the #4 spot.

The wild cards in this, could be the injury to Melo, which might see him miss quite a few games . . . and the return of Arenas to the Wizards. And of course, any injury to our starting 5, especially to JJ, Smith, or Bibby, could severly hamper this team, especially against the good teams.

• Admin

Magic

Suns

Clippers

Warriors

Bulls

Heat

Knicks

Bucks

T-Wolves

Bobcats

Pistons

Lakers

Kings

Blazers

Jazz

Nuggets

Wizards

Knicks

Bobcats

When you actually break it down, the next 19 road games isn't as ominous as it looks. I think we'll struggle a little against the teams with winning records. Thankfully, we only have 8 of the 19 road games against them. I want to be generous, and saw we'll go 4 - 4 against those 8 teams, but I have to be more realistic . . . . 2 - 6.

Aganst those teams under .500, however, we should be able to handle most of those teams. In those 11 games, I fully expect the Hawks to underachiev in a few of them, but handle most of the teams they should beat. I'll say an 8 - 3 record vs these teams.

(( Note: One of the trends since Bibby has arrived to the Hawks, is that we don't make a habit of losing to real bad teams anymore. We'll lose to a mediocre team with a superstar player, or a group of talented players. But we don't regularly lose to bad teams anymore ))

Magic

Sixers

Raptors

Bucks

Suns

Nets

Clippers

Wizards

Heat

Cavaliers

This team has been flat out rolling at home, and frankly, I only see us losing one . . maybe 2 of these games at the most.

The only part of the schedule that troubles me, is the west coast road trip right after the All-Star break. If we struggle there, we have Miami and Cleveland staring us in the face when we get at home. That could . . could be a bad stretch of games, where we're on a 5 or 6 game losing streak ( worst case scenario ). If that's the case, we should have a 14 - 15 record . . or somewhere around there . . for the next 29 games.

Even with that, you're still looking at the Hawks having a 36 - 26 record . . which should still be enough for #5 in the East, but might be a few games behind Detroit for the #4 spot.

The wild cards in this, could be the injury to Melo, which might see him miss quite a few games . . . and the return of Arenas to the Wizards. And of course, any injury to our starting 5, especially to JJ, Smith, or Bibby, could severly hamper this team, especially against the good teams.

Bad teams have beaten the Celtics, Cavs and the Lakers.

We can't seem to beat NJ.

Just because a team does not have a .500 record means we can beat them on the road.

• Premium Member
Bad teams have beaten the Celtics, Cavs and the Lakers.

We can't seem to beat NJ.

Just because a team does not have a .500 record means we can beat them on the road.

I think the reverse is true too. But rather trying to look into the future like the Dieselputer does on a regular basis, lets enjoy the games as they come up. The greatest enjoyment that I get is watching these guys grow right in front of our eyes. And if we continue to improve upon our weaknesses, the record will take care of itself.

Magic

Suns

Clippers

Warriors

Bulls

Heat

Knicks

Bucks

T-Wolves

Bobcats

Pistons

Lakers

Kings

Blazers

Jazz

Nuggets

Wizards

Knicks

Bobcats

Magic

Sixers

Raptors

Bucks

Suns

Nets

Clippers

Wizards

Heat

Cavaliers

If we can go .500 on the road for the season I will be VERY happy because I think we are capable of winning 30 games at home. If we go 20-21 on the road and 30-11 at home, that is a 50 win season and I would be THRILLED with that. Anything more than that is gravy.