• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs Sixers

exodus

Oh well.

We see the direct result of Horford not playing. All of those people that like to talk about how he's not doing this or that, look what happened today. Cry for Zaza to play . . cry for Solo to play. And got virtually nothing out of the both of them, on either end of the floor.

Very disappointed in Marvin and Josh today, from a rebounding standpoint. Those two guys needed to crash the boards on both ends, with Horford out . . and they only got 4 rebounds a piece.

Smoove especially, needs to start battling on the inside, and get those rebounds. I've been disappointed in his rebounding all year. He's had just one double-digit rebounding game since he's come back. Rebounding isn't just about jumping, it's about positioning as well. He and Marvin need to start doing a better job than what they are doing from that standpoint.

The game at Phoenix will be interesting, with Shaq playing well these days. Might have to shoot lights out from the outside, just to stay in that game. Prediction: Randolph Morris will see some 1st half PT against Shaq on Tuesday.

Defense? What defence? I didn't see any defense, did you?

Rebounding? Same song, second verse. No rebounding either.

Terrible game in Orlando. This wasn't a terrible game, just bad.

And, by the way, Philidelphia won TWO games today, 76ers & Eagles.

If Atlanta Hawks EVER expect to win another game, defense and

rebounding MUST improve. Too many easy baskets inside and now

it seems everyone is hitting their 3's against the Hawks.

Hawks scored 94. That's about their average, I guess. They were

"right there" until late - 76ers had a lead, but not a great big one

like in Orlando. Then, everything fell to pieces.

Not time to panic - Not yet. But, it's closing in on us fast.

:sad:

Oh well.

We see the direct result of Horford not playing. All of those people that like to talk about how he's not doing this or that, look what happened today. Cry for Zaza to play . . cry for Solo to play. And got virtually nothing out of the both of them, on either end of the floor.

Very disappointed in Marvin and Josh today, from a rebounding standpoint. Those two guys needed to crash the boards on both ends, with Horford out . . and they only got 4 rebounds a piece.

Smoove especially, needs to start battling on the inside, and get those rebounds. I've been disappointed in his rebounding all year. He's had just one double-digit rebounding game since he's come back. Rebounding isn't just about jumping, it's about positioning as well. He and Marvin need to start doing a better job than what they are doing from that standpoint.

The game at Phoenix will be interesting, with Shaq playing well these days. Might have to shoot lights out from the outside, just to stay in that game. Prediction: Randolph Morris will see some 1st half PT against Shaq on Tuesday.

He played the other night and the Hawks still got blown out. They didn't lose because Al was out. They've been losing with him in there. They lost because they're a bad basketball team. That's about all I have to say about it.

He played the other night and the Hawks still got blown out. They didn't lose because Al was out. They've been losing with him in there. They lost because they're a bad basketball team. That's about all I have to say about it.

LMAO . . . now we're a bad basketball team. OK man. As long as the team is losing, you have a voice on here. Gloom and doom is what you do best.

If we beat Phoenix on the road, you might say one . . two things at the most. But if the Clippers beat us, like they did last year in that debacle of a game, you can talk for a little bit.

Like GrayMule said, this team has to get back to what Woody preaches constantly to them . . . defend and rebound. Smith and Marvin need to get into battle mode, and stop all of that finesse ish. If they quit playing like soft players, things will change.

No Horford + not-yet-right Smith = frighteningly bad interior D

Josh has been back what? 18-19 games? At what point are we gonna stop saying 'he isn't right yet' and start saying the dude is just not playing like he's capable of? We need him to be that guy who picks up his teammates when they get beat defensively..but his blocks are down by half...his rebounds are down by 1.5...he just doesn't have that 'presence' that he usually has.

And you'd think his scoring would be up if he's focusing less on defense but he's actually 2 ppg off of last season.

I really hope he's just hurting...but honestly i'm not buying it.

• Moderators
Josh has been back what? 18-19 games? At what point are we gonna stop saying 'he isn't right yet' and start saying the dude is just not playing like he's capable of? We need him to be that guy who picks up his teammates when they get beat defensively..but his blocks are down by half...his rebounds are down by 1.5...he just doesn't have that 'presence' that he usually has.

And you'd think his scoring would be up if he's focusing less on defense but he's actually 2 ppg off of last season.

I really hope he's just hurting...but honestly i'm not buying it.

When he starts blocking shots like he has over every season in his career, you can say he is back. I don't think he is simply not blocking shots like he is capable of. The rebounding is a mixed bag - some on him, some because of him not being healthy.

LMAO . . . now we're a bad basketball team. OK man. As long as the team is losing, you have a voice on here. Gloom and doom is what you do best.

If we beat Phoenix on the road, you might say one . . two things at the most. But if the Clippers beat us, like they did last year in that debacle of a game, you can talk for a little bit.

Like GrayMule said, this team has to get back to what Woody preaches constantly to them . . . defend and rebound. Smith and Marvin need to get into battle mode, and stop all of that finesse ish. If they quit playing like soft players, things will change.

No man. Even when they win, they make LOTS AND LOTS of mistakes. If I do talk about the things they do wrong when they win, you will just give the "Well they won, that's all that matters" line. And you know people do it. Win or lose the Hawks often play extremely flawed basketball.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

When he starts blocking shots like he has over every season in his career, you can say he is back. I don't think he is simply not blocking shots like he is capable of. The rebounding is a mixed bag - some on him, some because of him not being healthy.

He's not right and it is affecting him mentally. His head was simply not in the game versus Philly. He is not aggressive and he is not focused. He is crying to the refs a lot but he is not getting calls because he is not being aggressive. Philly was driving to the hole and they weren't even worried about him coming to block the shot. He has to get his mind right and focused even if he is not back 100% because he is not having the impact on the game that he needs to have.

Edited by Traceman

Josh got paid and is now playing at a lower level. Who didn't see that coming?

That is pure BS. He shooting percentage is the highest it has ever been at this time of year.

His rebounding and shotblocking are down but that is clearly the result of his injury. He said publicly that he couldn't go for blocks the way he used to. He has only 3 blocks in 5 games this month. He has consistently averaged near 3 blocks a game the last 3 years.

His rebounding is way down but he had 32 rebounds during his first 3 games this year before his injury.