• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Current Standings

buckeye242424

No doubt we're in a funk right now, but in my eyes, I can't stress enough how important it is for the Hawks to keep their eyes on the 4th or 5th seed in the conference. Right now, I see Detroit, Atlanta, and Miami, possibly NJ fighting for those. For those on this board expecting to progress past the first round of the playoffs, our best chance would be to be in the 4th or 5th seed. Otherwise, we will face either Boston, Orlando, Cleveland. We don't beat any of those three teams in 7 games this year. With Horf out, and three tough road games out west, despite not being at the halfway point, this trip is semi-big for us...

I could not agree more !

I don't think we can beat Orlando or Cleveland in a 7 game series where they have home court advantage. I do think we stand a shot vs. Boston.

Our best bet is to finish at #4 or #5 to guarantee we stay clear of the powehouse teams in the 1st round.

A 2nd round playoff run could do wonders to our off season !

1. JJ could be open to an extension

2. Bibby would be more likely to come back to a reasonable offer (not necessairly sign the most lucrative offer another team may offer).....ditto for Marvin

3. If Bibby were to leave for a more lucrative offer we may be able to talk Boozer into coming here (if he opts our of his deal as he says he will.)

4. A FA big like Okur or Varejo may give us a shot too ! With King James possibly leaving Cleveland, Varejo may not want to hitch his wagon to that horse. If Boozer leaves Utah, Okur could follow.

• Premium Member

This is a sobbering look.

That's what last week's beating at the hands of the Magic was.

I kinda hate that Horf was not there. It makes the beating seem OK... When in actuality, the beating signaled that not all is well. I am not saying that we can't win. I just think that I would like to see our front office move on something that can help this team. I don't think it has to be a major fix... Something minor... like... Speedy for Nazr or Speedy for Diop?

This is a sobbering look.

That's what last week's beating at the hands of the Magic was.

I kinda hate that Horf was not there. It makes the beating seem OK... When in actuality, the beating signaled that not all is well. I am not saying that we can't win. I just think that I would like to see our front office move on something that can help this team. I don't think it has to be a major fix... Something minor... like... Speedy for Nazr or Speedy for Diop?

Orlando, Cleveland, Boston have the top three wrapped up. They all are way too far ahead at this stage in the season. The 4 seed should be viewed as our #1 seed for the remainder of the season. It's the best we can do, and the best possible way to advance tot he second round. I'm with Diesel, we need to make a move, something...

Orlando, Cleveland, Boston have the top three wrapped up. They all are way too far ahead at this stage in the season. The 4 seed should be viewed as our #1 seed for the remainder of the season. It's the best we can do, and the best possible way to advance tot he second round. I'm with Diesel, we need to make a move, something...

i agree, we need to do something to shake this team up. Yes we need to go for the 4th seed. A home playoff advantage would be BiG.