• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Good time for Woody to...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Experiment with the lineup and see what we can do to speed up the development of some players.

For example.

We don't line up well against the Suns without Horf...

What I would do is try Acie, Bibby, Joe, Marvin and Smoove as my starters.

And we would run...

The thing is that we play some running teams. This would be a great time to develop Acie as our run and gun PG.

Marvin and Smoove filling lanes (if Marvin feels like it)... and Bibby and Joe Killing from Outside.

Also, Woody has to give Acie the greenlight to go inside when he wants.

However, I know Wood.

He's going to replace Horf with Zaza and watch our interior get killed. Shaq = 38/14 Nash - 22/17/5

Experiment with the lineup and see what we can do to speed up the development of some players.

For example.

And we would run...

The thing is that we play some running teams. This would be a great time to develop Acie as our run and gun PG.

Marvin and Smoove filling lanes (if Marvin feels like it)... and Bibby and Joe Killing from Outside.

However, I know Wood.

He's going to replace Horf with Zaza and watch our interior get killed. Shaq = 38/14 Nash - 22/17/5

As much as I'd like to see us run that line-up out there vs. Phoenix, it's a pipe dream. Zaza will be starting, bank on it...

I would love to see Law get some run with the starters for consistent minutes. That has NEVER happened in his entire career.

After tonight we got the Clippers and Warriors. Two teams that both go small often.

Would love to see Law drive and kick to Bibby, JJ, and Marvin in a up tempo game.

They tried it briefly last year and the results were nice.

I would love to see Law get some run with the starters for consistent minutes. That has NEVER happened in his entire career.

After tonight we got the Clippers and Warriors. Two teams that both go small often.

Would love to see Law drive and kick to Bibby, JJ, and Marvin in a up tempo game.

They tried it briefly last year and the results were nice.

Ive been saying that all year. Acie for small PG match ups and tempo change. I dont know whats taking this so called coach of ours to figure stuff like this out.

Tell Acie go out there and create for others and get in the lane. Dont worry about scoring get out there and get some dimes.

We should be a running team. But that being said, we are not and have not been a running team, and you don't try it out for the first time by trying to outplay the best running teams at their own game. Whatever your team identity is, you should stick to it and force it on the other team, not play to their strengths.

For example.

And we would run...

However, I know Wood.

"D" ah, what do we do with Shaq? Have Josh, Marvin and Bibs hang on his back?

I think Zaza is neccessary. But take Marvin ("the invisible man") out for Acie and sub Flip, Mo, Solo and "TIM" (The Invisible man). I like the idea of Acie getting in Nash face and then have Nash defend Flip.

Send Randy in to harrass Shaq in the third quarter.

• Premium Member
Ive been saying that all year. Acie for small PG match ups and tempo change. I dont know whats taking this so called coach of ours to figure stuff like this out.

Obviously, what's holding this coach back is having Horf (should have been rookie of the year) and Smoove (one of the top defensive shot blockers in the game) and Marvin (4th year player) in the starting rotation. You really can't afford to go any smaller until somebody is hurt.

• Premium Member
We should be a running team. But that being said, we are not and have not been a running team, and you don't try it out for the first time by trying to outplay the best running teams at their own game. Whatever your team identity is, you should stick to it and force it on the other team, not play to their strengths.

I would say that Phoenix is a running team any longer. Nash is nice, but Shaq doesn't run and even though Grant Hill got fresh legs from his 9 year layoff, the Suns don't compare to teams like GS, Toronto, and NY when it comes to running.

lol we don't have an identy and we always play at the other teams pace.

• Premium Member
"D" ah, what do we do with Shaq? Have Josh, Marvin and Bibs hang on his back?

I think Zaza is neccessary. But take Marvin ("the invisible man") out for Acie and sub Flip, Mo, Solo and "TIM" (The Invisible man). I like the idea of Acie getting in Nash face and then have Nash defend Flip.

Send Randy in to harrass Shaq in the third quarter.

You let Shaq get his points and in the fourth, you commit fouls (Solo, Zaza, and Gardner). Thing is that if you run right, Shaq will be too tired to dominate. Moreover, I would run Acie at Shaq all game. If he's out of position he will foul. It's the same gameplan Phoenix would employ when they played a better Shaq. (Run and Gun).

What you don't do is go out there in the first qtr, let Phoenix establish the tempo that they want and watch Nash, Shaq, and Amare dominate the lane and get us in foul trouble, build a lead, and watch our offense crumble. We should be willing to try to trade baskets with them as long as we're not the ones getting in foul trouble.