• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I asked this in the keep Woody thread but I don't want it to get lost

Admin

Is it just me or did anyone else get taught from the time they were very young that when you pass the ball you don't just stand there, you cut to the basket or set a pick or something. How often do you see our guys pass the ball and then just stand there? That drives me absolutely insane! If by some odd chance you haven't picked up on this, pay attention to what most of our players do after passing the ball in the half court.

Then again maybe I was coached wrong and doing things like that and shooting a ridiculous amount of FT's at the end of practice every day wasn't necessary since the Hawks clearly don't do either.

I tend to agree and I was going to have a blog post about it. The Hawks attempt to run a motion offense with a lot of iso set plays called. I found a article one time breaking down their offense, I need to go back and look it up. There are plenty of times where we are just standing around. Im at work right now but I will add more on this later.

Is it just me or did anyone else get taught from the time they were very young that when you pass the ball you don't just stand there, you cut to the basket or set a pick or something. How often do you see our guys pass the ball and then just stand there? That drives me absolutely insane! If by some odd chance you haven't picked up on this, pay attention to what most of our players do after passing the ball in the half court.

Then again maybe I was coached wrong and doing things like that and shooting a ridiculous amount of FT's at the end of practice every day wasn't necessary since the Hawks clearly don't do either.

You're not suggesting that the team is lacking in basic fundamental basketball skills are you?

They stand around all the dam time!! They stand around for the iso, they stand around for the pick and roll and they stand around while Joe is double team. They stand around when some picks up their dribble and is double teamed. Its crazy. They do it every game.

I blame woody

• Premium Member

Woody is our Doc Rivers. Boston fans were always calling for man's head then what happend when he got talent and heart to work with? Give Woody a less-sissyfied PG and a center that's not afaid of contact and watch how good of a coach he'll become.

And yes Dolf I 100% with your assesment on the Hawks offense. But what else do you expect when the PG only want to pop 3s to boost his pay scale next year.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Woody is our Doc Rivers. Boston fans were always calling for man's head then what happend when he got talent and heart to work with? Give Woody a less-sissyfied PG and a center that's not afaid of contact and watch how good of a coach he'll become.

And yes Dolf I 100% with your assesment on the Hawks offense. But what else do you expect when the PG only want to pop 3s to boost his pay scale next year.

Only on Hawksquawk does Bibby get criticized for shooting 46% from 3.

um Doc Rivers has actually won before. His career record isn't close to woody's crappy record. Even without the championship he coached winning teams.