• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith Loss it For Us

frankthetank966

• Premium Member
I did think they would hold Miami off for 4th or 5th seed.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....amp;hl=rankings

I once had these guys ranked in the top 8. Too bad they couldn't stay there.

Yeah, after they got off to a great start. You never expected us to have this good of a record anyway. My point is that you only bash the team for what they aren't, never give them credit for what they are, which is a pretty good team. Nobody is expecting us to compete for a title this season, but we are a steadily improving team and have been very good at times this year. Obviously we're on a skid right now, but all teams go through them and three of these four losses have been to very good teams.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to soley blame the game on one guy. But what it comes down to, is Josh Smith lost the game for the Hawks vs the Suns. Smoove took too many outside shots and tried to force several shots down the line. He did not execute down the line and it cost us. We have talked about this several times, JSmoove should be playing the inside game. No need for him to be taking 18 footers. I really think we should have one this game. Those two missed ft's by Marv were huge and Bibby did not need to force a 3PT when we were tied and had the ball. At that point of the game you set up a play and wait for the open shot. Just my two cents.

LOL . . . JJ shot 4 - 21 last night. JJ is my boy and all, but even I can blame him for a loss, when he shoots like that. He had a horrible shooting night, plus he only dished out 3 assists.

Now I understand what you're saying about Josh, seeing that he hit one jumper all night outside the paint. But he did get to the line 9 times, and he and Marvin finally got off their azzes, and grabbed some rebounds.

But this loss drops squarely on JJ. It was one of the more pizz poor games I've seen him play this year.

Its one thing to say, "He may have had a 24-10 game, shot an OK percentage considering he got to the line 9 times, and not turned it over too many times but I think that he actually didn't do a great job tonight"

Its another thing to look at those things, then look at what Joe did (almost 2 shots for every point, including about 5 misses in the last 5 minutes) and say that "Josh Smith Loss it For Us" because it doesn't stack up.

Its one thing to say, "He may have had a 24-10 game, shot an OK percentage considering he got to the line 9 times, and not turned it over too many times but I think that he actually didn't do a great job tonight"

Its another thing to look at those things, then look at what Joe did (almost 2 shots for every point, including about 5 misses in the last 5 minutes) and say that "Josh Smith Loss it For Us" because it doesn't stack up.

I don't even know what that means :brick wall:

So great. Two individuals looking to start something on an Atlanta Hawks website?

Please keep in mind this is an Atlanta Hawks forum.

In some cases it's better to be "wrong" than "right" catch the drift?

No i dont get it.

Im not trying to start anything on the Atlanta Hawks website(feels like im on Carolina huddle sometimes). Im stating my opinion about Smoove. He has a low basketball IQ. He doesnt play smart basketball and Woody doesnt force him to do it.

Smoove should NEVER shoot 3s. Smoove needs to be in the paint getting rebounds and attacking the basket. Did you see how high he got up last night on the break?? This dude can out jump whole teams but wants to sit out side and brick shot after shot. He will never be a jump shooter. Thats not his strength, maybe if he works on it in the offseason( I doubt he will do that).

I dont see how some people dont see that. Woody should not settle on him shooting jumpers. We have enough people bricking right now(JJ and Bibby).

When Smoove plays in the paint or near the paint good things happen for him. Example last night against the Clippers.