• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LETS BLAME SMOOVE!

PureGreatness

It is very funny that today we bash smoove when he plays better than JJ and Bibby and we ACT like we don't want to see the truth. does smoove have a low BBIQ...YEP. Does he continue to shoot jumpers...YEP. but today he was 9-22 with 24 points and drove the ball today also. and has 10 boards which is something we have been bitching about lately.

And we gonna act like JJ wasnt a poor AI going 4-21, 1-6 3pt FG, 2 FT attempts and 1 whopping assist. tonight right? but i guess we can let that slide. we also gonna act like marvin didnt miss 2 important freethrows, a charge and a tech right? but its a good. we gonna act like bibby had 3 assist right and 6-17?.

People say smoove is dumb 70 PERCENT OF THIS BOARD IS DUMB. no one had a perfect performance but its hard for me to take this board seriously when we ignore the bad performances and/or act like its not that big of a deal. but want to make a dumb post "josh smith lost the game for us".

i know somebody gonna respond "but he took and jumpshot and..and shot jumpshots and ...and joe is just struggling nothing to worry about.

WE TALK ABOUT SMITH BEING DUMB WHEN 80 PERCENT OF PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD IS DUMB.

Edited by hoodstar

It is very funny that today we bash smoove when he plays better than JJ and Bibby and we ACT like we don't want to see the truth. does smoove have a low BBIQ...YEP. Does he continue to shoot jumpers...YEP. but today he was 9-22 with 24 points and drove the ball today also. and has 10 boards which is something we have been bitching about lately.

And we gonna act like JJ wasnt a poor AI going 4-21, 1-6 3pt FG, 2 FT attempts and 1 whopping assist. tonight right? but i guess we can let that slide. we also gonna act like marvin didnt miss 2 important freethrows, a charge and a tech right? but its a good. we gonna act like bibby had 3 assist right and 6-17?.

People say smoove is dumb 70 PERCENT OF THIS BOARD IS DUMB. no one had a perfect performance but its hard for me to take this board seriously when we ignore the bad performances and/or act like its not that big of a deal. but want to make a dumb post "josh smith lost the game for us".

i know somebody gonna respond "but he took and jumpshot and..and shot jumpshots and ...and joe is just struggling nothing to worry about.

Josh did help dig us out of a hole...but he's also a big reason we got into a big hole to begin with. He was taking wild, wild shots in the first quarter (1-8 shooting). He still isn't himself defensively.

He did end up with 7 rebounds in the fourth quarter, but his decision making still leaves a lot to be desired. He ended up with a charge on a possession where if it wasn't a charge, he was going to have his shot blocked. Then he took a 20 footer later.

JJ still sank us. He took 5 shots in 5 minutes of the fourth quarter and missed them all. The problem is that the coach and the team will defer to him on offense regardless of what's going on any given night. Zaza and Marvin needed more fourth quarter touches-even Flip did.

I agree..ppl on here always wanna point the finger at the wrong ones..smh

Josh did help dig us out of a hole...but he's also a big reason we got into a big hole to begin with. He was taking wild, wild shots in the first quarter (1-8 shooting). He still isn't himself defensively.

He did end up with 7 rebounds in the fourth quarter, but his decision making still leaves a lot to be desired. He ended up with a charge on a possession where if it wasn't a charge, he was going to have his shot blocked. Then he took a 20 footer later.

JJ still sank us. He took 5 shots in 5 minutes of the fourth quarter and missed them all. The problem is that the coach and the team will defer to him on offense regardless of what's going on any given night. Zaza and Marvin needed more fourth quarter touches-even Flip did.

i agree with all that but it seems like its easier to call out smith than it is to talk bad about joe. i think folks do that because it is more coming on here.

Edited by hoodstar

Joe had maybe his worst night of the season, but he was missing shots that he makes at a decent clip. Josh was missing shots he makes about 20% of the time. Amare isn't much of a defender, especially when he's in foul trouble, but Josh sat on that cushion and just rainbowed brick after brick.

Josh definitely wasn't the reason we lost, but it's inexcusable for him to be taking anywhere near the number of jump shots he took tonight. Especially when he has a good matchup. Amare isn't trying to get dunked on.

i agree with all that but it seems like its easier to call out smith than it is to talk bad about joe. i think folks do that because it is more coming on here.

The difference is that Smith has been shooting the same perimeter shots with the same results for 4.5 seasons now. This is the most easiest thing in basketball to correct yet he refuses correct it.

• Premium Member
The difference is that Smith has been shooting the same perimeter shots with the same results for 4.5 seasons now. This is the most easiest thing in basketball to correct yet he refuses correct it.

Actually Smith never really shot jumpers (and NEVER threes) until after the All-Star break in his second season when Woody opened the door. For some reason that door is still wide open, as Woody has said it himself.

Edited by AtLaS

Did I miss the post where someone said that JJ played well last night? He was terrible. Bibby didn't play well either. I thougt Smoove played his best overall game in a while despite some of the questionable shots.

That said, you act as if Smoove should be immune from criticism. Please! Smoove makes more "wow" plays than anyone on the team but he also does more ill-advised things than anyone on the team. If he could limit his ill-advised plays, he could be an All Star.

This has been said time and time again, but Smith is annoying because of the way he makes mistakes. It's one thing to miss a shot you can make or botch a pass, but Smith routinely shoots 3s and turns it over try to go coast to coast and pass it behind his back. That's more annoying than JJ going 4-21.

• Premium Member

Wow.....................

Smoove makes more "wow" plays than anyone on the team but he also does more ill-advised things than anyone on the team. If he could limit his ill-advised plays, he could be an All Star.

Agreed. Any chance the Hawks have of being a true title contender begin and end with Smith.

This has been said time and time again, but Smith is annoying because of the way he makes mistakes. It's one thing to miss a shot you can make or botch a pass, but Smith routinely shoots 3s and turns it over try to go coast to coast and pass it behind his back. That's more annoying than JJ going 4-21.

agreed.

When Smith plays under control he is almost unstoppable and we are a different team. Even with JJ going 4-21

Actually, it's not. When you look at Joe Johnson in that regard, then his basketball IQ is pretty low too. When Joe Johnson's shot is off, he's worthless. He'll just keep on hoisting jumpshots and he won't do anything else to try to score. He won't draw any fouls by pump-faking and making the defender jump. If the defender does go for his pump-fake and jump, then Joe will foolishly go around him and miss another jumpshot instead of taking a page of the books of other smart players and jump into the defender when they leave their feet. Also, when Johnson's shot is off, then he's certainly not going to take the ball strong to the basket and draw a foul. That's why he'll never be a superstar. He's worthless when his shot is off because he doesn't have any interest in getting to the freethrow line. People want to say that Josh Smith has a low basketball IQ, but Joe ain't the sharpest tool in the shed himself. He just happens to have a better jumpshot than Josh Smith.

Edited by Antmillennium

Actually, it's not. When you look at Joe Johnson in that regard, then his basketball IQ is pretty low too. When Joe Johnson's shot is off, he's worthless. He'll just keep on hoisting jumpshots and he won't do anything else to try to score. He won't draw any fouls by pump-faking and making the defender jump. If the defender does go for his pump-fake and jump, then Joe will foolishly go around him and miss another jumpshot instead of taking a page of the books of other smart players and jump into the defender when they leave their feet. Also, when Johnson's shot is off, then he's certainly not going to take the ball strong to the basket and draw a foul. That's why he'll never be a superstar. He's worthless when his shot is off because he doesn't have any interest in getting to the freethrow line. People want to say that Josh Smith has a low basketball IQ, but Joe ain't the sharpest tool in the shed himself. He just happens to have a better jumpshot than Josh Smith.

Tell Woody to grow some balls and tell JJ, " Look you are not hitting these jumpers, we NEED you to get to the line."

You know that old saying: If you are a shooter, keep shooting they will fall sooner or later. I hate that saying.

he doesn't want to attack the basket and try to get to the line, maybe Woody needs to sit him for a couple of minutes.

I don't believe that at all. I've seen Jordan have plenty of awful shooting games, same with Nique, and other great scorers and the thing that remains constant with them is that they keep their confidence and keep shooting to try and get out of their slump. I'm not saying it's right, but to refer to it as having a low basketball IQ doesn't seem right.

Tell Woody to grow some balls and tell JJ, " Look you are not hitting these jumpers, we NEED you to get to the line."

You know that old saying: If you are a shooter, keep shooting they will fall sooner or later. I hate that saying.

he doesn't want to attack the basket and try to get to the line, maybe Woody needs to sit him for a couple of minutes.

Maybe Woody just needs to sit him for a couple of minutes whether he's on or off. No doubt that leading the league in minutes and being our only true scorer makes him feel like he's got to try and shoot his way out of it. His lack of FT attempts bothers me but that's just not the type of player that he is. Maybe that's a blessing since he doesn't take the pounding that a guy like Wade does, but I do wish he got to the line more.

I don't believe that at all. I've seen Jordan have plenty of awful shooting games, same with Nique, and other great scorers and the thing that remains constant with them is that they keep their confidence and keep shooting to try and get out of their slump. I'm not saying it's right, but to refer to it as having a low basketball IQ doesn't seem right.

If your shot is off and you manage to pump-fake and get your man in the air, and you decide that it's best to go around him and shoot another soon-to-be-missed jumper instead of drawing a foul and going to the freethrow line, then I don't think you're a very smart player. Other smart players do it all of the time to the Hawks.

If your shot is off and you manage to pump-fake and get your man in the air, and you decide that it's best to go around him and shoot another soon-to-be-missed jumper instead of drawing a foul and going to the freethrow line, then I don't think you're a very smart player. Other smart players do it all of the time to the Hawks.

So because the pump fake and try to bait the defender into jumping into him isn't JJ's game that means he's not a smart player? JJ is perhaps the best SG in the entire league at shooting those floaters in the lane and if he can get past his defender to attempt one of those then I'll take it every day and twice on Sunday rather than him trying to draw a cheap foul and possibly get injured. In fact I think the technique that you're referring to is one mastered by the of injured T-Mac and it's really harmed his career.