• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LETS BLAME SMOOVE!

PureGreatness

So because the pump fake and try to bait the defender into jumping into him isn't JJ's game that means he's not a smart player? JJ is perhaps the best SG in the entire league at shooting those floaters in the lane and if he can get past his defender to attempt one of those then I'll take it every day and twice on Sunday rather than him trying to draw a cheap foul and possibly get injured. In fact I think the technique that you're referring to is one mastered by the of injured T-Mac and it's really harmed his career.

Nonsense. T-Mac has nothing to do with this, and if you're going to bring him up, then let's bring up the many other players who do it and don't get injured. What I'm saying is that JJ has a low basketball IQ in that respect because when his shot is off, he does NOTHING to help himself or the team. If your shot is off, the best way to get yourself going is to get to the freethrow line. Joe was 4-21 and shot 2 freethrows, I believe. That's inexcusable. Furthermore, this is not something new with Joe Johnson. He has never gotten to the freethrow line enough. You're NEVER going to be a truly elite player in the NBA unless you can get to the foul line.

Edited by Antmillennium

If your shot is off and you manage to pump-fake and get your man in the air, and you decide that it's best to go around him and shoot another soon-to-be-missed jumper instead of drawing a foul and going to the freethrow line, then I don't think you're a very smart player. Other smart players do it all of the time to the Hawks.

You got to understand that 9/10 when Joe goes to the basket he gets fouled and doesn't get the call. I think that has a lot to do with him shooting a jump shot.

Nonsense. T-Mac has nothing to do with this, and if you're going to bring him up, then let's bring up the many other players who do it and don't get injured. What I'm saying is that JJ has a low basketball IQ in that respect because when his shot is off, he does NOTHING to help himself or the team. If your shot is off, the best way to get yourself going is to get to the freethrow line. Joe was 4-21 and shot 2 freethrows, I believe. That's inexcusable. Furthermore, this is not something new with Joe Johnson. He has never gotten to the freethrow line enough. You're NEVER going to be a truly elite player in the NBA unless you can get to the foul line.

Nonsense? Would you mind backing that up with fact? I gave you a perfect example of a guy who's had back trouble from the way that he plays and that's a staple of his game.

Yeah JJ does nothing else when his shot is off, he doesn't rebound, get assists, or play solid defense. He must only do those things when he's on, right?

Nonsense? Would you mind backing that up with fact? I gave you a perfect example of a guy who's had back trouble from the way that he plays and that's a staple of his game.

Yeah JJ does nothing else when his shot is off, he doesn't rebound, get assists, or play solid defense. He must only do those things when he's on, right?

Actually, you haven't backed anything up with facts. All you've done is bring up T-Mac, a player with back problems, and tried to act as if JJ were to actually try to get to the line more that he'd be injured too. Absolute nonsense. T-Mac's back problems have nothing to do with JJ or anybody else in the league.

Oh, would you look at that???? Bibby just pump-faked and got Stephen Jackson in the air and drew the foul. Amazingly, he didn't get injured or suffer some terrible back injury, Dolfan23. He must just be lucky, huh?

One thing that I realized as I watched the game is that Smoove has very little frustration tollerance. Something goes wrong and he doesn't get a call he starts whining. And as often as not he makes a bad play after that.

Say what you want, but that is a lack of maturity and an issue that must be coached.

Other players who force their way to FT line a lot and don't get injured...

Like Dwayne Wade?

Ooops, I meant Gilbert Arenas.

Oops, should have been Grant Hill.

Oh wait, how about Kevin Martin? Oh nevermind...Carmelo Anthony? Damn!

Paul Pierce? AI? Those guys have gotten themselves hurt too.

Not that I really have a side in this argument, just throwing it out there.

Other players who force their way to FT line a lot and don't get injured...

Like Dwayne Wade?

Ooops, I meant Gilbert Arenas.

Oops, should have been Grant Hill.

Oh wait, how about Kevin Martin? Oh nevermind...Carmelo Anthony? Damn!

Paul Pierce? AI? Those guys have gotten themselves hurt too.

Not that I really have a side in this argument, just throwing it out there.

You didn't put much thought into that post, huh? Some of you guys should really think about what you are going to post before you post it.

You didn't put much thought into that post, huh? Some of you guys should really think about what you are going to post before you post it.

Yes, I agree some of you should put more thought into it. Bronnt it didn't take you much thought to come up with those names just as didn't take much thought for me to come up with T-Mac as a quick example. What does take a lot of thought is saying "nah uh" when someone cites a real example rather than providing a counter argument.

Yes, I agree some of you should put more thought into it. Bronnt it didn't take you much thought to come up with those names just as didn't take much thought for me to come up with T-Mac as a quick example. What does take a lot of thought is saying "nah uh" when someone cites a real example rather than providing a counter argument.

If you think that T-Mac's back problems has any kind of relation to JJ drawing a foul when he gets a defender in the air, or that Carmelo getting slapped on the hand is proof that JJ shouldn't be trying to get to the foul line more, then there is no point in even trying to talk logically to you........

If you think that T-Mac's back problems has any kind of relation to JJ drawing a foul when he gets a defender in the air, or that Carmelo getting slapped on the hand is proof that JJ shouldn't be trying to get to the foul line more, then there is no point in even trying to talk logically to you........

Yes I agree there is no point in you trying to talk logically if you cannot understand a simple thing like drawing more contact leads to more injuries.

Yes I agree there is no point in you trying to talk logically if you cannot understand a simple thing like drawing more contact leads to more injuries.

Yep, you're absolutely right. It was SOOOOO DANGEROUS for Bibby to draw a foul the other night by getting the defender to jump on his pump-fake. I mean, Bibby's gonna be out for 3 weeks because of that foolish stunt. Oh, and Josh Smith's injury was a DIRECT RESULT of him trying to draw a foul too. Yep, any injury that you sustain in basketball is directly tied to trying to get to the foul line. How could I be so foolish as not to have come to this conclusion before??? Yes, Dolfan, you are a genius. :worshippy:

See, what you fail to realize is that not every injury in basketball is tied to trying to draw fouls. You guys just randomly threw some names out there, but you didn't even take to the time to examine HOW they got injured. That's just asinine. :slap1: