• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I've been had!-----------

Gray Mule

THREE IN A ROW!!!

Tonight's game is a blackout.

Due to restrictions, this game is not available to you!

If they didn't have my money, this MIGHT be funny. Seriously,

since I am all the way on the east coast, this is a local game to me??

I'M BEING ROBBED. They took my money. They can't or won't deliver.

Either way, I'm BLACKED OUT AGAIN.

• Premium Member
This funny because I know exactly what you are talking about. I live in Charleston, SC and have this exact same problem. I went round and round with Comcast last season regarding this and they blamed Turner South, who I called, which in turn blamed Comcast. Basically what it comes down to is that if you are out the "viewing area" which I am to assume is GA, then the game will be blacked out. It shows the game as being on on your guide, however it is usually something stupid like "Under the Lights" or some fellatio project about Mark Richt.

However this season I think I have figured it out for the most part as I am able to see some of the games. It seems to me that if the game is on SportsSouth, then you will be able to watch it outside the "viewing area" if it is listed on the guide. I can only recall one game that was on SPSO that I did not get. However if it is on FSN, you will NOT see it. Couldn't tell why this works like this. I am assuming it is a way for the NBA to make money, much the same was NFL and MLB do it (sans the Braves).

The good news is the next 10 or so games are on SPSO up until Charlotte on Feb 6th. As an aside, I also find it weird that I don't truly get Hawks games and I get NO Bobcats games living in SC. So what teams area am I in?

Well the same thing happened to me last night for the Golden State game. The Grizz played on channel 28 which is Fox Sports South and then on channel 68 the Hawks game was listed. At 9:30 cst the Hawks game started coming on for 30 seconds and then all of the sudden it went to poker. Poker is not sports period!

I did watch the Grizz game because the games on ESPN are crap. I hate the Cavs, Celtics, Heat, Lakers and etc.

Oh well I guess I will just get on the internet. I have been a Hawks fan for 30 years and this crap along with ownership is getting old.