• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody said to Acie “That’s why I don’t play you” - on camera

jerrywest

it wasnt a big deal when i read those comments on AJC claiming they saw woodson say that but then i thought about it again and said "the reason he doesnt play acie is because he turns the ball over". if thats the case take out smoove everytime he shoots a 3, take out joe when he is going iso and/or bricking shots left and right, take out bibby when he lets he PG whopp his butt on the court.

Exactly. Folks want to talk about Woodson being used as a scapegoat, but it seems Woodson is the one interested in scapegoating.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wowowowow

I am definitely a member of the Woody is a moron fan club but I never had a problem with him personally. He seemed to be a good dude who just doesn't know wtf he's doing. Now I just want the prick gone.

You gotta wonder about the whole 'Woody is a players coach' thing...I wonder if a guy who isn't in the 7-8 man rotation has ever said that?

Wow I freaking love the irony as earlier today in another thread someone says that if they were the coach they'd bench the player for making mistakes and as soon as Woody is caught benching a player for a mistake and tells him why he's benching him all of the sudden he's some evil prick who's trying to destroy Acie. It's obvious that none of you who are getting so emotional over this comment by Woody has ever played organized sports otherwise you would have heard MUCH worse from all coaches in any sport. The only difference with Acie compared to the other guys that screw up is that Woody actually doesn't need to play Acie since he's got Flip.

Wow I freaking love the irony as earlier today in another thread someone says that if they were the coach they'd bench the player for making mistakes and as soon as Woody is caught benching a player for a mistake and tells him why he's benching him all of the sudden he's some evil prick who's trying to destroy Acie. It's obvious that none of you who are getting so emotional over this comment by Woody has ever played organized sports otherwise you would have heard MUCH worse from all coaches in any sport. The only difference with Acie compared to the other guys that screw up is that Woody actually doesn't need to play Acie since he's got Flip.

First of all Woody doesnt have the guts to bench a starter. He is a weak leader. Thats why we come down and have the worst offensive possessions of a 20 win team.

How can see tell Acie that when he barely plays?

FLip is not a PG. In the end the team will be the one hurt. When we HAVE to shell out the money to Bibby.

uh Acie barely turns the ball over,but when he does it once he gets benched. Flip turns the ball over right and left and at one point had more TO's than assists this season yet he plays 20 minutesa game. Woody is an idiot and shows blind favortism.

• Premium Member

I agree that Woody's statement wasn't bad, and I have definitely heard much worse from my coaches in the past.

But, Woody's justification is ridiculous. Flip flat out sucks as a PG so I don't understand why he would play PG over Acie.

I heard Woody say that too. I TVOed it and rewatched it and rewatched it and it still amazes me that he actually believes Acie has turnover problems. It's only proof that Woody has no idea what's going on in a game. Simply amazing.

uh Acie barely turns the ball over,but when he does it once he gets benched. Flip turns the ball over right and left and at one point had more TO's than assists this season yet he plays 20 minutesa game.

Yeah, how anyone can defend that by saying "it's part of organized sports" is beyond me. They must have had one seriously bad team if their "coach" actually coached like that. I don't mind what he said, as stated it's not that big of a deal. But it's the fact he actually believes it. So let's tell the guy who rarely turns it over that he doesn't get played because of turnovers. Yet he is then replaced by a guy who has nearly the same amount of turnovers as assists. Yes that make perfect "organized sports" sense.

Edited by Dsinner

I agree that Woody's statement wasn't bad, and I have definitely heard much worse from my coaches in the past.

But, Woody's justification is ridiculous. Flip flat out sucks as a PG so I don't understand why he would play PG over Acie.

I agree about Flip and I'd much rather see Acie play, but I can't fault Woody for what he said to Acie. The problem is that if Woody has a vet he can play instead of a young player and they're both mistake prone he'll always play the vet.

I agree about Flip and I'd much rather see Acie play, but I can't fault Woody for what he said to Acie. The problem is that if Woody has a vet he can play instead of a young player and they're both mistake prone he'll always play the vet.

Acie is not mistake prone and Flip is more mistake prone than most players in the NBA. That's pure bias.

Just because one person said it doesn't mean a single person in this thread was in agreement.

Secondly, while I don't know exactly which post you were originally referring to, there's a big difference between putting starters on the bench when several have been starting games off very poorly over the last 2-3 weeks, and sitting a young, fairly talented player on the bench every time he makes a single mistake.

uh Acie barely turns the ball over,but when he does it once he gets benched. Flip turns the ball over right and left and at one point had more TO's than assists this season yet he plays 20 minutesa game. Woody is an idiot and shows blind favortism.

Whatcha talking about? Flip still has more turnovers than assists for the year. Negative assist to turnover ratio, and from a guy who is, in reality, your back-up point, that's pretty darn bad. He's averaging the most per36 turnovers on the entire team, outside of Mario West, whose playing time is so limited that his per36 numbers don't mean anything.

The truth is that Acie is averaging the exact same number of assists per36 as Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby (who both average 5.5) and his 2.4 turnovers are slightly higher than JJ's 2.1.

This is why's it irrelevant to conjecture on what this team would have been if we'd drafted Chris Paul. The best point guard in the NBA would be sitting on our bench every time he made a turnover, and no one would have any idea of what he's really capable.

He is more mistake prone than Bibby, just look at his assist to turnover ratio. Just because he's better than Flip doesn't make him good.

this isn't about Bibby, Flip has taken Acie's minutes while not being a better player. Flip does repeatedly what woody says he benches Acie for. It's hard not to be more mistake prone than Bibby when all he does is pass around the perimeter and shoot long jumpers.

this isn't about Bibby, Flip has taken Acie's minutes while not being a better player. Flip does repeatedly what woody says he benches Acie for. It's hard not to be more mistake prone than Bibby when all he does is pass around the perimeter and shoot long jumpers.

This isn't about Bibby but come on, Bibby is an above average passer.

Now back to the Woody bashing...

This isn't about Bibby but come on, Bibby is an above average passer.

Now back to the Woody bashing...

I'm not saying Bibby is a bad passer,he is a decent passer but he only uses that skill every once in a while. He usually is just passing around the perimeter because that's all we do is shoot jumpers. It's hard to turn the ball over that way. U get more turnovers driving to the basket,so of course Acie and Flip would be more TO prone,but Flip is wayyy overboard with it.

I'm not saying Bibby is a bad passer,he is a decent passer but he only uses that skill every once in a while. He usually is just passing around the perimeter because that's all we do is shoot jumpers. It's hard to turn the ball over that way. U get more turnovers driving to the basket,so of course Acie and Flip would be more TO prone,but Flip is wayyy overboard with it.

True. I believe in a better offensive scheme you would see Bibby dish more dimes and ALLour PG's have a much better TO to assist ratio. Well, except Flip as this is a perfect scheme for Flip to be Flip.

Edited by Dsinner

Flip: 805 Minutes 58 Assists 65 Turnovers

Acie: 313 Minutes 48 Assists 21 Turnovers

Lol this is funny

Then Bibby: 1,353 Minutes 207 Assists 56 Turnovers

Lol pick which ones are the best 2 PG's

Edited by Cwell