14 players deserve all star spots in the East

jerrywest

Howard

LeBron, Pierce, Garnett, Granger, Bosh, Lewis, Torkoglu

Allen, JJ, Bibby, Carter, Harris, Wade

Nobody else deserves a spot.

Will Iverson/Yi take up a spot?

Will they take a 2nd center? Who?

Will a trade involoving a Western team change the mix?

Bibby has never made the all star team. The great Maestro stole a championship away from him when the refs gave all those calls to the Lakers. May be he will try to make it up this time.

Howard

Bibby has never made the all star team. The great Maestro stole a championship away from him when the refs gave all those calls to the Lakers. May be he will try to make it up this time.

Doesn't Jameer Nelson get in before Bibby given that he has a slight edge in stats and he plays for the team with the best record in the league?

Others who will get consideration are Andre Igoudala, Antwan Jamison, Caron Butler, Emeka Okafor, AI, Mo Williams and Micheal Redd.

Yeah, Jameer will probably get the spot and I wouldn't consider it a crime at all.

Ilgauskus deserves it over Sheed 8 days a week if it comes down to those two although Okafor is very quietly having a solid season for that eminantly forgettable cats team. I'd give it to Z though.

As far as the forwards go, I don't know if Turk or Shard are any more deserving than Smith. Especially Hedo who is barely shooting .400 this season.

Because the coaches pick the all-star reserves, more than likely, the more popular names will be on that list. But I do think that both Boston and Orlando will get 2 guys, possibly 3 for Boston. That means to not expect Devin Harris or Danny Granger to be on that list, even if they are deserving.

Iverson definitely DOES NOT deserve to be there, but he will, because the fans love him.

Bibby will NOT make it in, even though he's having a stellar year with us.

I think Ray Allen makes it in, along with Pierce, and possibly Jameer Nelson.

JJ, because most of the coaches know he's the heart and soul of our team, will make it in. Otherwise, he could be snubbed just like Granger and Harris are going to be.

Prediction: If Yi makes it in, it will force the NBA to completely change the voting rules for this game. They will go to the NFL set up for the Pro Bowl, in which the fan vote, coaches vote, and players vote each count for 1/3. It probably should already be like this anyway, because the fans prove that they are not objective when it comes to these votes. It's strictly a popularity contests. LOL @ both Luke Ridnhour and Gilbert Arenas having more votes than JJ, on that 4th ballot count. Ridiculous.

If we could see Woody's reserves ballot, it may look like this.

Forwards: Bosh, Pierce, Carter

Guards: JJ, Allen, Nelson, Harris

Because the coaches pick the all-star reserves, more than likely, the more popular names will be on that list. But I do think that both Boston and Orlando will get 2 guys, possibly 3 for Boston. That means to not expect Devin Harris or Danny Granger to be on that list, even if they are deserving.

Iverson definitely DOES NOT deserve to be there, but he will, because the fans love him.

Bibby will NOT make it in, even though he's having a stellar year with us.

I think Ray Allen makes it in, along with Pierce, and possibly Jameer Nelson.

JJ, because most of the coaches know he's the heart and soul of our team, will make it in. Otherwise, he could be snubbed just like Granger and Harris are going to be.

Prediction: If Yi makes it in, it will force the NBA to completely change the voting rules for this game. They will go to the NFL set up for the Pro Bowl, in which the fan vote, coaches vote, and players vote each count for 1/3. It probably should already be like this anyway, because the fans prove that they are not objective when it comes to these votes. It's strictly a popularity contests. LOL @ both Luke Ridnhour and Gilbert Arenas having more votes than JJ, on that 4th ballot count. Ridiculous.

If we could see Woody's reserves ballot, it may look like this.

Forwards: Bosh, Pierce, Carter

Guards: JJ, Allen, Nelson, Harris

Granger definitely deserves to go and it would be a shame if he wasn't selected as a reserve. Amazing how he has developed his game.

Yi has a pretty good shot of stealing a vote simply because of the Chinese vote. I'm also shocked that Gilbert is even in the All-Star conversation since, you know, there's that little problem of him NOT PLAYING A FREAKING GAME ALL SEASON!?!?! And how is Ridniour ahead of JJ?!

This simply confirms my theory that when fan voting is the main way to get into the All-Star game, it results in stupidity like this, especially in Gil's case. There were countless times when Ken Griffey Jr. missed probably all but 4 or 5 games in the MLB, and yet he got elected to the All-Star game in every one of those years. They should go to the NFL-style.

Bibby's going to get into the 3-pt Contest, but probably not the ASG. :(

Howard

Assuming Yi doesn't get in, my EC All Stars picks are as follows:

Starters:

Howard

KG

LeBron

Wade

AI

Reserves:

Okafor - better stats than Ilgauskas and Ilgauskas has missed 11 games to Okafor's 0.

Bosh - in a down year he's still the 3rd best forward in the EC.

Granger - 4th in the NBA in scoring.

JJ - best player on 4th best team in the EC. 11th in scoring.

Harris - has cooled considerably but still has best PG stats in the EC

Nelson - playing the best PG in the EC right now

Pierce - Gotta be in

Near misses:

Carter - team record kills him. ORL should definitely get 2 before NJ gets 2.

Ilgauskas - if he had played more games I might take him over ilgauskas due to team record

• Moderators

Is AI really an All-Star this year? His numbers are decent but subpar for him and his trade for Billups and the subsequent records of Detroit and Denver don't cast him in a very good light. He would not make my team this year.

Is AI really an All-Star this year? His numbers are decent but subpar for him and his trade for Billups and the subsequent records of Detroit and Denver don't cast him in a very good light. He would not make my team this year.

AI wouldn't make my All Star team either. The starters I listed are the guys who I think will be voted in as starters. Sorry, should have clarified that.