If we lose Bibby this offseason..

AtLaS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

While Iverson may fit, I wouldn't want him.

If we lost Bibby (which would be stupid) I would want us to go after Ben Gordon or Raymond Felton. They'd be just as good a fit...

Or Jason Terry (in trade)... Although I don't see Dallas going for it.

If we were to walk on the wild side:

I would go after either Miller or Jason Kidd.

and if we were to do something new.. I would go after Von Wafer and let him and Joe Johnson share ball handling responsibilities.

I think our best case scenerio has us resigning Bibs... He's a perfect fit with Joe. We haven't developed Acie and I put no trust in Flip.

I believe we almost must make a move before the trade deadline to insure we don't get jammed up.

• Premium Member
While Iverson may fit, I wouldn't want him.

If we lost Bibby (which would be stupid) I would want us to go after Ben Gordon or Raymond Felton. They'd be just as good a fit...

Or Jason Terry (in trade)... Although I don't see Dallas going for it.

If we were to walk on the wild side:

I would go after either Miller or Jason Kidd.

and if we were to do something new.. I would go after Von Wafer and let him and Joe Johnson share ball handling responsibilities.

I think our best case scenerio has us resigning Bibs... He's a perfect fit with Joe. We haven't developed Acie and I put no trust in Flip.

I believe we almost must make a move before the trade deadline to insure we don't get jammed up.

Jason Terry???? hell-to-the-no. You know hawks fans hate Terry. Why? I don't know but I bet all those "I hate Woody" threads would change to "I hate JT" overnight.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
Jason Terry???? hell-to-the-no. You know hawks fans hate Terry. Why? I don't know but I bet all those "I hate Woody" threads would change to "I hate JT" overnight.

JT had some two faced moments while he was a Hawk, but I think you put JT and Joe together and you have the same dynamic you have with Bibby (except Bibby is a better distributor).

• Moderators
We'd take advantage of his hot perimeter streaks because Iso-Joe would plug AI right for Bibby. Look at Bibby's 3pt%, it's no coincidence that he's doing so well playing next to Joe Johnson. Johnson does the double, Bibby gets the wide-open look. Rinse, repeat ad nausem.

The day that Iverson sits on the perimeter waiting to shoot the long ball is the day he loses nearly all of his value, IMO. Bibby is much better than Iverson at that so if you want to do that, just keep Bibby. Iverson is a volume shooter so his hot streaks come from his getting a lot of touches and looks. Frankly, Joe is probably the better guy to have waiting to receive a pass on the perimeter if you are going to run one of those guys on Isos while both are in the game at the same time.

Here is an interesting discussion on the Bulls and Hinrik. Doesn't look like the Bulls want to trade him as he fits well with Rose.

Bulls fans seem to be split on the idea of trading him. But, they all agree they need low post help and an offguard to play with Rose. Now, this opens up that salary dump idea from earlier in the thread. If the Bulls got under the cap enough to sign Wade, then they'd have one hell of a backcourt; hence the Speedy/Law trade works there.

The problem with this scenario is that Joe Johnson becomes the consolation prize for the team that looses out on Wade...

Another idea is to go after Gordon instead of Iverson. They are similar players, but Gordon wouldn't dominate the ball like Iverson would and is willing to sit on the perimeter to hit 3 pointers.

In all, we are still back to really needing to resign Bibby this summer.